France - Rubbish

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby clik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:32 pm

94 was terrible for me no England and Baggios silly hairdon't
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:57 pm

Big Niall wrote:If France win another match - then I'll eat my words.

:laugh: 

(What makes you think that Big Nail has sussed that France have got Brasil next   :D  :D   :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby emmanuel » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:12 am

"Big Niall
LFC Elite Member

Group: LFC Premium Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Judge @ June 28 2006,07:40)
Quote (Big Niall @ June 14 2006,13:27)

If France win another match - then I'll eat my words. For now my only faults are rating the Czechs and thinking Horseface is a good bet for top scorer   
Back to top"

Bon appétit
emmanuel

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:28 am

France have shocked me, they went from has beens to a great team in a matter of days. All credit to them, they could go onto win it.  :help
48-1119859832

Postby metalhead » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:34 am

Brazil were rubbish against France, and they were also lucky to beat Ghana in the round of 16. They got what they deserved and Perrera made huge mistakes in the lineup!

As for Zidane, what can you say about this man? LEGEND, absolutely a Legend in football, he was tremendous against Brazil once again.

Bravo France! Bravo!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:46 am

Agreed. But not just Zidane, the whole team have a huge self belief now, the defence is solid, midfield energetic and creative, and with Henry up front--- :bowdown
It wasnt long ago they were being lambasted,before the W.C began, nobody hardly mentioned them, and nowits a case of -youre not singing anymore

Im singing!! The praise of the master Zidane :bowdown
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:41 am

I think it just shows yet again its rather pointless in the World Cup to write teams off because of poor starts. Alternatively bet the house on another team winning it based on their group performances. Once you get to this stage or you need are few things to click and/or bit of luck and past performances count for nought
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:23 am

I reckon its gonna be a germany/france final. Can see germany winning it though.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:33 am

davo_LFC wrote:I reckon its gonna be a germany/france final. Can see germany winning it though.

There is this bloke at work, that doesn't know squat about football who has been saying it will be Germany V France final since before the world. Didn't change his mind during the group stage either.

It really annoys me that he could still be right.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:32 pm

If it is Germany V France , it pains me to say it but i think Germany will stroll it.  So many times in the past the french have choked against germany, and better french teams than this. Something tells me the italians might have other ideas
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:33 pm

Like france have said, they have peaked at the right time... and they play the right kind of football, good luck to them!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:43 pm

well done to France they have proved most pundits wrong and are playin better now than they have for a long while,happy zz gets another chance to show off his glorious skills:)
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:49 pm

john craig wrote:France very good?  More like Spain choked.  Still, France were better than they have been recently and they were a lot better at winning and retaining possession in midfield.  But there is still very little creativity and a lack of penetration up front - I'm still scratching my head wondering how in fact they chalked up 3 goals tonight.  Best I've seen Zidane play in a while and Ribery was good, but Vieira and Henry are still playing sh.it and Malouda is a passenger.

Above are my views on the France-Spain game just after it was played, and to be honest if you substituted 'Brazil' for 'Spain' in that post my opinion is pretty much the same.

Brazil did not perform last night and it is hardly an exaggeration to say that Ronaldinho and Kaka were almost passengers and didn't influence the game at all.  Brazil lost it in midfield because they didn't have enough players in there willing to fight for the ball.  In fact if Makelele was in a Brazil rather than a France shirt last night I believe they would have won the game comfortably.  But they have nobody of that class holding the midfield.

For France I still maintain that Vieira and Henry (despite the goal) are not performing anywhere near as well as they have done for their club sides in the past.  Once again, like the Spain game, it was left to Zidane and Ribery to do the damage, and what a masterclass Zidane put on, he was a joy to watch.  I'll admit to being one of those that thought he was finished before this tournament started, but how wrong I was.  He's playing every game as if it was his last now and looks to have rediscovered the hunger that had deserted him.  But again, like the Spain game, Malouda was a passenger.  This France team isn't fit to lace the boots of the '98 or '00 teams, but with a bit of momentum behind them, they will be tough to knock out now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:21 pm

With Zidane on top form, France only need a few others to turn up and they'll still win. Everyone raves about Ronaldinho (he's world class don't get me wrong), but he'll never be as good as Zizou IMO. The guy is an absolute legend, and is easily the best player over the last decade and half, and surley up there with the likes of Pele, Maradona etc.

I just hope he doesn't turn up against Portugal. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:32 pm

Zidane and Vieira are absoloutely world class footballers.

Zidane is simply immense. The best player i've ever seen in my life time.

That Ribery hasn't half stepped upto the mark though. Looks a hell of a player, possibly even better than Pires was.
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion