David villa - Got the lot

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:10 pm

To tell the truth i wouldn't sign Ribery because of his age either...that kind of players whose potential is based on skill and pace has got an early expiration date. And...as for puroresu's opinion...I think that players of the like of Reibery, Joaquin and Robben (just to cite some) are like that - they just appear to offer some highlights to the TVs but very often those highlights work enough to win matches. Unfortunately...within modern football it seems that kind of players are set to dissapear, nowadays there is little place for "just talented" players.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby EddieC » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Huck wrote:To tell the truth i wouldn't sign Ribery because of his age either...that kind of players whose potential is based on skill and pace has got an early expiration date. And...as for puroresu's opinion...I think that players of the like of Reibery, Joaquin and Robben (just to cite some) are like that - they just appear to offer some highlights to the TVs but very often those highlights work enough to win matches. Unfortunately...within modern football it seems that kind of players are set to dissapear, nowadays there is little place for "just talented" players.

???

Let me get this straight, we shouldn't buy players who have skill?

You say players like Robben Joaquin & Ribery will soon have no place in the game. I'd argue that pretty much any club in Europe would snap them up if they were going at a reasonable price. I would be happy to see Ribery or Joaquin at LFC, and to be honest the reason I wouldn't want Robben is nothing to do with his talent, much as I hate him he is a very good player.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm

Oh...maybe I have used the wrong words...of course I'd like skilled players in my team...I love players like those we are talking about in this thread, the thing is that in the case of Ribery, his pace may be ended up soon due to his age (maybe not of course) so I would go for him just if the price is extremely reasonable. Apart from that...no problem with the guy (well...except for the scar on his face  lol). By the way...Joaquin is not happy at Valencia at all...he could want a move next summer, I'd keep an eye on him...don't really know if Rafa likes him.
Huck

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Ribery is 25.  His age is fine.  His hasnt peaked yet and can get better.  The whole reason he has got better is his finally beeen at a club for more than 1 season.  Before he went to Marseille he had been at numerous clubs for one year so was never settled.
puroresu

Postby Ellam » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Villa would be a great signing better than Torres and would settle in the premiership quicker.
Ellam

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm

I didn't know he was so young...I thought Ribery was 27-28 or something like that...anyway....I wouldn't pay much for him...I think he has to be proved and he doesn't seem very reliable for me yet....don't know why...I think his club iwould ask for a huge amount of money...exactly the same that Atletico de Madrid would do with Torres and, in my opinion, no one cost what their clubs would ask for them. It's just a suposition in the case of Ribery but a certainty for Torres...he's extremely overrated, here in spain and...taking into account the opinions in this forum...abroad too.
Huck

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:26 pm

he's extremely overrated, here in spain and...taking into account the opinions in this forum...abroad too.

Yeh I've been saying his overrated since 2004 around here. But they keep asking me for Torres regularly :D . He is the kind of player that he is going to be "El Niño" (The kid) when he's 34. No progress.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:37 am

Espionage wrote:All this talk of Alves is interesting.  People seem to think that now that we have money we can pay the needed price.  We could have paid it before but Rafa said that he was not happy with the price.  Everybody gets so worked up about the fact that we didnt have the money.  I think that Rafa does not want to get a Chelsea/United reputation where everyone can hold us for ransom whenever its obvious that we want a player. 

Pay what someone is worth, no more.

correct we wont get the reputation that chelski got, when roman came with his millions,  but your coments on alves are slightly off the mark,  seville wanted 12 million for him no less,
we simply didn't have the money...  a year on it's a different matter...

i expect rafa to pay over the odds for players who will change our team...    :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:08 am

I think we can get Villa .... ( Cash + Pepe ) and call back SC to be 1 st choice keeper.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby babu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:24 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think we can get Villa .... ( Cash + Pepe ) and call back SC to be 1 st choice keeper.

I would like to villa here, but getting rid of the arguably the best keeper in the league for the last 2 seasons is madness.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ellam » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:58 am

He has done ok behind a good defence but is prone to too many errors, I agree bring back Carson and make him Number 1.
Ellam

Postby jaytoothetee » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:39 pm

it's a tricky one. i would love to have villa at anfield. he's one of the best strikers in europe, but i don't know if we can afford to lose pepe. carson is good, but i don't know if he's good enough to replace reina yet. i do think we definitely need a new striker though. bellamy/kuyt/crouch are all good players but none of them will get us 20+ goals a season.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby red_guy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:27 am

Sabre wrote:
he's extremely overrated, here in spain and...taking into account the opinions in this forum...abroad too.

Yeh I've been saying his overrated since 2004 around here. But they keep asking me for Torres regularly :D . He is the kind of player that he is going to be "El Niño" (The kid) when he's 34. No progress.

Yup. After watching torres in the WC, i just don't think he'll make it in the Prem. Lightweight.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:31 am

Ellam wrote:He has done ok behind a good defence but is prone to too many errors, I agree bring back Carson and make him Number 1.

Behind the same defense Dudek had before Pepe arrived.

The same defense Jerzy had infront of him when we were beaten 3-1 by Arsenal this season.

The same defense Carson had infront of him against Juventus, when he dropped a clanger and kept Juve in the game.

Pepe is a f*cking awesome stopper, and to suggest we get shut or replace him is possibly the most bizarre and unintentionally hilarious thing I have read on here in a good long while.

Please - continue.

My sides are f*cking splitting.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:00 am

matrix wrote:
Espionage wrote:All this talk of Alves is interesting.  People seem to think that now that we have money we can pay the needed price.  We could have paid it before but Rafa said that he was not happy with the price.  Everybody gets so worked up about the fact that we didnt have the money.  I think that Rafa does not want to get a Chelsea/United reputation where everyone can hold us for ransom whenever its obvious that we want a player. 

Pay what someone is worth, no more.

correct we wont get the reputation that chelski got, when roman came with his millions,  but your coments on alves are slightly off the mark,  seville wanted 12 million for him no less,
we simply didn't have the money...  a year on it's a different matter...

i expect rafa to pay over the odds for players who will change our team...    :;):

Rafa always talked about a fair price.  We had the money and I am sure that if Rafa asked the board they would have come through with the money.  That is what I think, I could be wrong.

That is how business should be done, you state your price and go no higher.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion