David villa - Got the lot

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:49 pm

nando has scored more than villa this year though hasn't he sabre, nando 15 villa 14, it just shows you the difference between the leagues that nando must have more space to think and play

i think it was big mick who first started raving about villa and he seems to have everything in his locker to become a great player, but at 125 mill buy out clause i think even the yanks might spit there coffee out if rafa dropped that request on the desk

to be fair any one could have looked ace against england last night
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:53 pm

A.B. wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
A.B. wrote:He was average yesterday

Not sure what game you were watching A.B but i thought he was fantastic, he led the line superbly and looked a threat every time he was on the ball.
He held the ball up against anyone who pressed him and his passing was spot on.
I think he would be fantastic in our league feeding off passes from Alonso and Stevie.

A very dull one and it seems that every time England play that's the case.

Villa was nothing spectacular. He set up Morientes very nicely in the first half, and had a decent shot on goal in the second-half.

Nothing compared to what he's capable, he was average by his standards.

I agree the game was dull as England games often are.
But i am not just talking about the stand out stuff like shots and key passes that impressed me, his determination upper body strength in holding players off and work rate were all really impressive. He actually had 2 decent shots as well, the one in the first half that Ferdinand got a nick to that went into the side netting was unlucky.

If he was average compared to usual yesterday then he truly is a great player.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:56 pm

TBH even with the new money that Rafa's hopefully gonna have to spend in the summer we probably won't be able to attract Villa. A couple of weeks ago Guillem Balague was talking about Villa on Sky and was asked about where he's likely to be playing next season. He did say  that there was a very big possibility he wouldn't be at the mestalla. It seems he's looking to be playing elsewhere to be challenging for the big prizes and the two clubs that are going to be at the front of the queue are Real Madrid and Chavski. There is a thought in Spain (maybe Sabre can confirm or deny it) that he favours Madrid (but if he's after big prizes then why the fuck would you go to Madrid ??? ) and that he'd like to prove his class in Spain before moving abroad.
Villa has got friends at Anfield and they may be able to bend his ear if Rafa does make an approach for him but I think we'll be looking somewhere else for our forward next summer..

Sammy Eto'o anyone  :p !
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 pm

Come on lads Villa is just what we need!! If it costs 35m to get him so be it. We are going to have to pay silly money for the best players. He has everything and i think would love to come to LIVERPOOL. We are going to have mega bucks to spend in the summer, If we don't get Villa, then Huntlear will do just fine he would be a goal machine up front with Kuite. Hunltlear would prob cost 15m to get.
Then two wingers are needed,
left wing pederson 10m
right wing Alves     15m
right back/centre back  richards  18m
left back                    Bale     12m
Also that peblo looks a half decent player at A madrid, he had a stormer last night.

reina
finnan          carra          richards       bale

alves           gerrard        alonso   pederson

villa          kuite
subs
carson
aggar
mascherano
kewell  ?
crouch

Thats 90m spent on these players. God i cant wait for the summer wizzard is going to be wankingggggggg all over with transfer gossip.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:30 pm

Personally I would like to see Villa and Kuyt up front, both of them work hard and that attitude would be an asset that not many teams have. He wasn't at his best last nite but we all know what he is capable of. Again its the case of whether a foreigner can cut it in this league, as Morientes has proved the English league is very different.

Can't wait for the summer transfer speculation though :D
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:05 pm

People forget that we made a bid for David Villa when he was at Zaragoza.

You know what he said? He doesn't like the English weather, and he doesn't like the Beatles.

You won't see him signing for us anytime soon.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:34 pm

Sabre wrote:Torres is overrated. Villa was average, Torres was shíte.

Torres has the pace, and the dribling. But his finishing and his decissions are awful. The history with Torres is always the same, he does nice things to watch, he starts to run, he dribles, he changes his rythm, he faces the goalie, he fails. He sits down. He moans. He is an awful finisher, he has the chances, he doesn't convert them. And that makes him selfish, he throws every penalty of his team, he doesn't look the mate that is alone often.

Torres is the kind of player than in the PRemiership wouldn't jump for a ball, would fall the the floor instead, and would ask a foul to the ref from there.

Note that, Torres is very valued in England, I sense that. But note that Atletico de Madrid didn't sign up strikers  4 years ago because they thought they had THE STRIKER for the next decade. But 2 years ago they signed  Kezman the serbian, this year Agüero, they do know that Torres won't be the promised total striker they thought they had.

And if you ask me, a pacy player that is not too clever, when he's near 29 he's past his best.

I think by now you've realised I wouldn't be too happy with Torres :D

Im not that convinced by Torres to be honest. I cant remember who said it but I think the quote was "hes a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer" or something to that effect.

Someone with pace you say, perhaps Javier Saviola?or dare i say

Michael Owen!!!  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:46 pm

I think you will find that this is the team that wins us the prem next season :-

Reina

Alves         Carra                   Agger             Riise/Aurellio

Mascherano             Alonso
Gerrard                                                   Kewell
                                 Kaka
                                Kuyt

2 buys Kaka and Alves price £40/50million
account deleted by request

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm

I prefer Kompamy and Lukas Podolski. And the rest of the money should invest in young telant, hope that there will be young MO, SG,RF, KK.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:20 pm

I think that the model of team that tried to do a team of stars has been tested in Real Madrid and Chelsea, and both were blatant failures.

When it comes to signings, we must think on a working team we have alrady, and how we could improve it. Not just select 3 or 4 catchy names and put them to play together.

Hope the money will keep our head focused, otherwise we will fail as other failed. But if it's rafa who takes decissions, I'm not too worried.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Agree with you there Sabre, i can't see Rafa spending loads on big name stars. Rafa has a plan and a way of playing. The money will enable him to get the players he wants who fit in to his plan i.e alves . Don't get me wrong , if the so called star player fits into his plan he would still go for him. He won't be trying to buy galactico's like real and chelsea just for the sake of it imo.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:16 pm

s@int wrote:I think you will find that this is the team that wins us the prem next season :-

Reina

Kaka
                                Kuyt

Get rid of Kewell and add Bastian Schweinsteiger and you got yourself a winning team.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:31 pm

So buying Alves , Villa, Pederson , Richards, and Bale won't improve our current team.

If we are to compete with the best we have to buy the best for that position.

Alves better than Pennant without doubt.
Bale better than Risse aurellio i think he will be.
Pederson better than kewell, gonzales without doubt and is consistent already in this league.
Villa need i say more. but Kuite, crouch and bellamy i would still keep.
Richards will be as good as sol cambell in his prime if not probably better.

These players will improve our team i'm not saying go out and buy world class players for every position as we don't need that. Just some better pieces to complete the jigsaw.

last summer if Rafa had the money he will get shortly we all know Pennant would not have been here. Alves would have been. I feel Rafa rates Villa big time and will go all out to get him with the cash he will be given. He wants also quality young players, Richards and Bale must come into that.

So i hope we go out to bring these players in and with the Caragher, Gerrard, Alonso, Aggar, Reina, kuite, finnan, mascherano, sissoko experiance we will have and they are all still quite young, we will have a very strong squad to choose.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:08 am

s@int wrote:I think you will find that this is the team that wins us the prem next season :-

Reina

Kaka
                                Kuyt

No way do we sign Kaka.  In my opinion there is only one player in the world in the same league as Gerrard - and that's Kaka.  Rooney, Henry, and Ronaldinho are all incredible, but Gerrard and Kaka are a cut above everybody else.  Ask yourselves, can we put a price on Stevie?  And could Milan do that for Kaka?

I would LOVE to see them in the same team, that one signing would transform us instantly to the best team in England I think, and probably only Barcalona would have a better team anywhere in the world.  What about Riquelme?  Villareal aren't exactly a club of the same stature of Milan...  He might be attainable, you might say he's a poor man's Kaka, but Kaka is THAT good that I really don't think he'll be allowed to leave for anything.
Red Red Tom

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:23 am

i rate villa very highly. i'd love to see him in a liverpool shirt, can't see it happening myself as the asking price will be stupidly high.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion