David Villa goes to barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Striker David Villa moves to Barcelona from Valencia 

Villa had been targeted by a number of Premier League clubs
David Villa will be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday after completing a £34.2m move from Valencia.

The Spain international has signed a four-year deal and is the first summer capture for the Catalan club, with Cesc Fabregas also said to be a target.

Villa, 28, is due in Barcelona on Thursday and is booked for a medical.

The top scorer at Euro 2008 despite missing the final through injury, he had reportedly attracted interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.

The man from Asturias, in the north of Spain, is a regular in his country's first team and will be highly fancied to make a big impact at the World Cup.

His arrival at Barcelona is likely to lead to increased speculation over the futures of strikers Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

He was one player that was constantly linked with Manchester United last year and this as well. It will be interesting to hear from him this week considering he wanted to join us

After a board meeting at Valencia on Wednesday morning, Manuel Llorente, the president of the club known as "Los Che", said they had accepted Barca's offer.

"We have sold David Villa to Barcelona for 40 million euros," he told a news conference at the Mestalla.

"As everyone knows we could have done this deal last year but we thought at that moment it was best to keep our squad together to try and get into the Champions League.

"We have achieved that aim and finished third in the league, and he has contributed a lot towards this. We think it is a good sale and necessary for the economic situation of the club."

Barcelona's outgoing president Joan Laporta claimed on Tuesday the club were "satisfied" with the 21-goal contribution of Ibrahimovic in his first season since arriving from Inter Milan.

Henry appears to be on the verge of a move to Major League Soccer, with Laporta revealing there was "a lot of interest" in the 32-year-old French forward from the United States.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Feck I saw the title and thought what they have Silva too!!! :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Just think with the interest we have paid to the banks for feck all could have bought us two of him  :(

Might wake some of our ostriches up now who thought we would be signing him in the summer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Posted: May 16 2010,20:08   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Villa to be unvieled at Barca next week, an that Ibrahimovic coming to the prem, Also there talking to Wenger about Fabregas,

jUST A LITTLE COPY OF MY POST FROM THAT DATE IN THE RUMOURS THREAD  :laugh: ME MATE TOLD ME , WHO NEEDS SSN,

we should of had him last season gutted
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 am

Isnt Silva the one who always said he didnt want to leave Spain?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am

Reg wrote:Isnt Silva the one who always said he didnt want to leave Spain?

Yep Reg . but was on his way here last season until them two pulled the plug,it was done an dusted we even managed to beat the oh so great Madrid for his sig we were promised the finance then it was taken away  :( i was gutted as i love this player ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu May 20, 2010 11:01 am

Barcelona are going to be amazing with Villa in the side, I can imagine him scoring a shedload of goals for them. With the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi setting them up for him he will top the scoring charts and be a much better option that Ibrahimovic. This World Cup football blog reckons Messi, Rooney or Torres could win the Golden Boot this summer but i think Villa is the man who will get the most goals this summer.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Julio-0 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

VALDES
ALVES - PIQUE' - PUYOL - ABIDAL
XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

:D :D :D
Julio-0

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Julio-0 wrote:VALDES
XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

I'd play Busquets instead of Pedro and swap Iniesta with busquets
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby anti-hero » Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 pm

XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

that's fookin scary. fookin scary to the point of being unfair.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 21, 2010 9:08 am

Ibrahimovic's agent has been told to find a new team. He has been probably the worst Barcelona signing ever. Losing Etoo and wasting that amount of money for him :O
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 pm

anti-hero wrote:
XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

that's fookin scary. fookin scary to the point of being unfair.

It is scary but there isnt really a combative player in the middle is there.

I know in most games that probably wont matter but in some it does.
That midfield could be closed down and harassed in a big game i think.
The three of those are obviously 3 of the best central midfielders around but also very similar.
I genuinely think if i was them i would prefer Mascherano to Fabregas, but hope obviously Guardiola doesnt think like that.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Surely even Mourinho won't be able to inspire Madrid to overcome that team would he? Surely Rafa is right and he's not the right man to take over at Madrid :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri May 21, 2010 3:31 pm

bigmick wrote:Surely even Mourinho won't be able to inspire Madrid to overcome that team would he? Surely Rafa is right and he's not the right man to take over at Madrid :)

nothing stopping him, but the money arguments will undoutably surface again  :D

Madrid weren't that far off even with whoever was their manager, I think Mourinho could win them the league, they've too many good players not to. Plus they're going to be spending again this summer I reckon, courting Rooney  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Fri May 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bigmick wrote:Surely even Mourinho won't be able to inspire Madrid to overcome that team would he? Surely Rafa is right and he's not the right man to take over at Madrid :)

nothing stopping him, but the money arguments will undoutably surface again  :D

Madrid weren't that far off even with whoever was their manager, I think Mourinho could win them the league, they've too many good players not to. Plus they're going to be spending again this summer I reckon, courting Rooney  :D

Ah right I get it. So even if Mourinho does win the league with Madrid, there's no real credit for it as they were there or there abouts last season laugh: It's a bit like when he won the league with Inter, they'd won it last season so so what. Even the Champions League, getting them to the final and beating Chelsea and then Barcelona along the way while showing a profit on transfers (actually I've forgot the excuse for that, I just remember that there was no achievement in it, they were lucky and anyone could have done it anyway).

If he ever becomes manager of Liverpool though, that's it for me. I don't care how many titles he wins, it's the coat.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion