Sky sports news - David beckham

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Big Niall wrote:Why sign an ageing slow winger?

How about somebody young and fast, who is dedicated to football and will improve as a player?

Put your OK magazine away.

Cisse's young and fast?

Agreed totally.

Forget being a footballer, lets get someone young and fast. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:10 pm

I think Beckham has had his time. His best seasons were between the 98/99 and 01/02 season. After that metartasal injury and a poor showing in the 2002 World Cup he has never played consistency well.

He was a bit overrated, but he was an excellent player. The best crosser in the world bar none, superb free kick taker and passer, top notch work rate, fairly intelligent, and would get his fair share of goals.

I just think that he has other priorities ahead of his football. Since he has been at Madrid he hasn’t won anything, I though he would be talking about how desperate he is too win something there, but what does he come out with, “I would love to be big in America”, for me that kind of sums up the way Beckham has gone. He is too big for his boots and hasn’t got his full focus on football.

£120,000 a week for a player who is more interested in making it big in America than winning football matches is just not worth it. Leave well alone in my opinion, unless he would consider taking a “normal contract”, without all this image rights c.rap, and on a more sensible weekly wage.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Beckham for Liverpool? No way

Beckham for United? Not as long as Fergusson is in charge.

Realistically he'll only fit in one plece. I suppose you have guessed where by now? Chelsea.

There he'll be perfect fit for the high rollers and he can enjoy the amazing london night life and party scene. He can go to fashion shows and eat in fancy resturants. And if his not so talented wife needs new clothes the designers will be right around the corner.

Do you think posh spice will survive 10 days in Liverpool? F@ck them. Beckham is more a brand name than he is a footballer nowadays. And his skills and physicality will continue to drop as he ages. And he ain't got no hunger no more, no desire. And he is a f@cking manc FFS.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:30 pm

Big Niall wrote:Why sign an ageing slow winger?

How about somebody young and fast, who is dedicated to football and will improve as a player?

Put your OK magazine away.

I will , just as soon as I've finished reading this article on an ageing slow striker that Liverpool have just resigned .   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:43 pm

wrong forum......relevance to Liverpool...none!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:21 pm

supersub wrote:wrong forum......relevance to Liverpool...none!

Bollox !

The discussion was regarding a possible move of Beckham to Liverpool .
OK I grant you it's not gonna happen but if you are gonna move threads on the basis that they have no relevance to Liverpool then I suggest you get your shovel out 'cause there's a lot of stuff that needs to be shifted .

All you've done is effectively kill this thread .

While I'm at it , it would be nice if the mods had the courtesy to advise us lowley citizens when they decide to move an active thread to the nether regions of the forum .

:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:08 pm

At this stage of his career Beckham would not command anywhere near £120,000 a week.  Like he needs the cash!!

He'd take a decent salary (well below his current) to join a top premiership club (and we are one now), and have a chance at one last go at winning stuff in the EPL and the champions league.

I'm not saying he'd be a good signing or a bad one.  Just saying that discounting it based on his current wages is not right.

We were trying to sign Figo a few months back, the only difference is that Figo didn't play for the Mancs. 

He could do a job for us for a season or two I think, if we can't (and we haven't managed yet) to get our ideal winger.
mkingdom

Postby supersub » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
supersub wrote:wrong forum......relevance to Liverpool...none!

Bollox !

The discussion was regarding a possible move of Beckham to Liverpool .
OK I grant you it's not gonna happen but if you are gonna move threads on the basis that they have no relevance to Liverpool then I suggest you get your shovel out 'cause there's a lot of stuff that needs to be shifted .

All you've done is effectively kill this thread .

While I'm at it , it would be nice if the mods had the courtesy to advise us lowley citizens when they decide to move an active thread to the nether regions of the forum .

:angry:

I've spent the last 6 months watching how newbies get battered from pillar to post because they create crappy threads like this.
    There is absolutely no substance in this fabricated thread whatsoever;it's not even worthy of a move to rumour mill.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:02 am

woof woof ! wrote:All you've done is effectively kill this thread .

It's only dead if the forum is not used properly by the members.

general chat ...general chat

etc etc

lets leave LFC General Discussion as a forum for LFC General Discussion and not a place for the bone idle to discuss anything.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Bone Idle ? . :laugh:  .

Difficult to take your observations seriously as your work ethic regarding keeping the forum "tidy" is at best random . It seems to me that threads are often moved at the whim of a mod whilst others of equal irrelevance are left where they lie .

My grievance however is not so much the movement of a thread but rather the mods failure to at least let the forum know where it's been moved to ,particularly when a thread is relatively active .
Is that too difficult ?   Bone Idle indeed ! :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:39 pm

woof woof ! wrote:My grievance however is not so much the movement of a thread but rather the mods failure to at least let the forum know where it's been moved to ,particularly when a thread is relatively active .
Is that too difficult ?   Bone Idle indeed ! :D  :D  :D

To inform all members of a thread being moved ...impractical

For members to look in the forums that show activity out of the 10 or so forums that exist,is not a hard task.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Difficult to take your observations seriously as your work ethic regarding keeping the forum "tidy" is at best random . It seems to me that threads are often moved at the whim of a mod whilst others of equal irrelevance are left where they lie .

Not a whim..just plain observation that certain subjects have no relevance to LFC Discussion,albeit a "wot if ". Such tenuous connections are hardly fit to be in a forum that is supposed to be about LFC.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:51 pm

I'm sure JonnyMac (?) once moved a thread BUT left a link at the original location . Don't know how hard that is to implement .

When this thread was moved I used the search option giving the title of the post and the authors name ,for some reason it wasn't found and I did then resort to trawling thru the forum .You're right its not a hard task but I imagine most people would not have bothered hence my statement that the thread was now effectively dead .
(Not that it didn't deserve it . )
:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion