David Villa goes to barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm sure this thread was about Villa joining Barce and not about either Rafa or Maureen
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:It is scary but there isnt really a combative player in the middle is there.

I know in most games that probably wont matter but in some it does.
That midfield could be closed down and harassed in a big game i think.
The three of those are obviously 3 of the best central midfielders around but also very similar.
I genuinely think if i was them i would prefer Mascherano to Fabregas, but hope obviously Guardiola doesnt think like that.

Agreed. Masch playing the Toure/Busquets role with Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings would be phenomenal. At the level they are though it's really fine tuning.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 7:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:It is scary but there isnt really a combative player in the middle is there.

The three of those are obviously 3 of the best central midfielders around but also very similar.
I genuinely think if i was them i would prefer Mascherano to Fabregas, but hope obviously Guardiola doesnt think like that.

Agreed. Masch playing the Toure/Busquets role with Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings would be phenomenal. At the level they are though it's really fine tuning.

I can't see where they would play Fabregas myself , both xavi and iniesta are better than him
Benny The Noon

Postby Sabre » Fri May 21, 2010 10:51 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

Nothing Mourinho can't manage  :D

I can't see where they would play Fabregas myself , both xavi and iniesta are better than him

But the season is long and Barcelona noticed it too much when some of their key men were absent during the season, for instance Iniesta. Plus when they're all available you can play Iniesta in the left as a false winger with no problem, he has played that way in Spain.

It's a scary Barcelona indeed... I'm growing a bit of wearyness against them. Not because the football they play, which is beautiful, but because around here there's being an explosion of plastic fans, an explosion even worse than the one Liverpool suffered in Stambul, because this explosion brings the football fans that love Barcelona just because they play more like they do in their PlayStation 3.  :glare:

Anyway, if Mourinho is that good, he'll do something about it  :nod
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
anti-hero wrote:
Julio-0 wrote:VALDES
ALVES - PIQUE' - PUYOL - ABIDAL
XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

:D :D :D

that's fookin scary. fookin scary to the point of being unfair.

It is scary but there isnt really a combative player in the middle is there.

thats why I would shove Iniesta further forward and play Busquets in the middle, not thats he's particularly combative but more so than what they have in there anyway
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby anti-hero » Sat May 22, 2010 12:10 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
anti-hero wrote:
Julio-0 wrote:VALDES
ALVES - PIQUE' - PUYOL - ABIDAL
XAVI
FABREGAS - INIESTA
MESSI - VILLA - PEDRO
(jefren - ibra - bojan)

:D :D :D

that's fookin scary. fookin scary to the point of being unfair.

It is scary but there isnt really a combative player in the middle is there.

well pep doesnt really have to start those three in the center. anyways,its all relative. plus julio's already assuming that fabregas is joining them.

and if yaya toure was still around they would have a combative player in the middle.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat May 22, 2010 12:12 am

the whole point being here is, BARCA. IS. FOOKIN. SCARY. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion