David villa - Got the lot

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:32 pm

I know the transfer window has only just closed, and that people hate talking about possible new players coming in when there is months before anything could happen.
But after watching England-Spain last night and watching David Villa closley i couldnt help but get excited about the prospect of him lining up for Liverpool reds  :D  next season.
He looks every inch the world class forward that others have said about him, holding the ball up with decent upper body strength, making clever runs in behind distributing the ball quickly and to the right player almost every time, and not afraid to have a shot from range if the space opened up.
He was fantastic imo, and if Valencia dont make the top 4 in la liga this season he will surely not want to miss out on next seasons champions league.
I know he has a ridiculous buy out clause but that just means we would have to pay a fee of around 20-25 million.
That would smash our previous record, but if we were to sign just 3 players, a couple of world class wingers and Villa then we would be a total different proposition.

What are your thoughts after last nights performance ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:40 pm

He looks every inch the world class forward that others have said about him, holding the ball up with decent upper body strength, making clever runs in behind distributing the ball quickly and to the right player almost every time

Accurate description, but his game yesterday wasn't one of his best.

I like that player because you know, there are two kind of strikers, the ones that when they get the ball outside the box, try to go to the wing (Baros) and the ones that only have the oposition goal in their mind (Villa). I like Villa because he's a good scorer and works a lot.

I'm glad at least some of you reckon that he wouldn't be bullied by the faster and stronger Premiership defences. :p

The big problem is that he's expensive. Too expensive. Our hope? Valencia's mentality. In Spain there's some tendence to underrate the local player. If a player's name is Villavic, or Villavenko, or Villaldinho he'll be more appreciated than if he's just Villa.

I think that at some point Valencia will try to make some great signings to try to win again something and then they might make the error not to count on Villa as he deserves. That would be the moment to try to reach an agreement.

Right now, he'd be far too expensive.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:43 pm

if rafa can get him for under 25 million then i'm happy..!! :D
Elchris

Postby CarlosRocks » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:54 pm

i agree that villa looked quite good last night even tho it wasnt one of his best performances.

its quite a nice thought him n kuyt playing together next season for us up front!!! but fingers crossed eh..... :D
CarlosRocks

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Didnt he say a few days ago that he doesnt plan to leave
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:10 pm

He is excellent! his pass that created morientes' chance was world class! can't believe morientes missed it  :laugh:

but yeh.. would love him to play for us.

Sabre..go unsettle him or something, make him want to leave  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Xu Pac » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes! David Villa would be and excellent signing for Liverpool, since we already have so much Spanish influence at Liverpool, he would fit in very quickly and would feel very comfortable.

Ok, this has nothing to do with David Villa, but while we are on tranfers.
I think to bring in a creative midfielder would be very wise decision for Liverpool. The two main forces in midfield are Alonso and Gerrard. I think we should bring someone like  Nakamura here, he is very versatile, technically gifted and he has a killer free-kick.
Can anyone comment or add to that?
Xu Pac

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:21 pm

He was average yesterday
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:29 pm

The problem with Villa is that Kuyt is very good also, and they do the same roles as strikers. Crouch, Bellamy, and Kuyt make different roles as strikers in Liverpool. Crouch cannot be easily substituted, he's bloody useful in static game. Kuyt is very good in his style of play. I think though that the pacy kind of Striker that Bellamy provides, can be replaced easily by a better player.

My point is that if any, I would wring a pacy striker to LFC rather than the Villa kind, and note that, I rate Villa highly.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Sabre wrote:The problem with Villa is that Kuyt is very good also, and they do the same roles as strikers. Crouch, Bellamy, and Kuyt make different roles as strikers in Liverpool. Crouch cannot be easily substituted, he's bloody useful in static game. Kuyt is very good in his style of play. I think though that the pacy kind of Striker that Bellamy provides, can be replaced easily by a better player.

My point is that if any, I would wring a pacy striker to LFC rather than the Villa kind, and note that, I rate Villa highly.

What about Torres then?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:34 pm

A.B. wrote:He was average yesterday

Not sure what game you were watching A.B but i thought he was fantastic, he led the line superbly and looked a threat every time he was on the ball.
He held the ball up against anyone who pressed him and his passing was spot on.
I think he would be fantastic in our league feeding off passes from Alonso and Stevie.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Torres is overrated. Villa was average, Torres was shíte.

Torres has the pace, and the dribling. But his finishing and his decissions are awful. The history with Torres is always the same, he does nice things to watch, he starts to run, he dribles, he changes his rythm, he faces the goalie, he fails. He sits down. He moans. He is an awful finisher, he has the chances, he doesn't convert them. And that makes him selfish, he throws every penalty of his team, he doesn't look the mate that is alone often.

Torres is the kind of player than in the PRemiership wouldn't jump for a ball, would fall the the floor instead, and would ask a foul to the ref from there.

Note that, Torres is very valued in England, I sense that. But note that Atletico de Madrid didn't sign up strikers  4 years ago because they thought they had THE STRIKER for the next decade. But 2 years ago they signed  Kezman the serbian, this year Agüero, they do know that Torres won't be the promised total striker they thought they had.

And if you ask me, a pacy player that is not too clever, when he's near 29 he's past his best.

I think by now you've realised I wouldn't be too happy with Torres :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I know he has a ridiculous buy out clause but that just means we would have to pay a fee of around 20-25 million.

As I mentioned in the rumour thread , I think Valencia (if prepared to sell) will be looking for substantially more than £20-25 mill . It could take a bid of around £30 mill just to get their attention .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:38 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
A.B. wrote:He was average yesterday

Not sure what game you were watching A.B but i thought he was fantastic, he led the line superbly and looked a threat every time he was on the ball.
He held the ball up against anyone who pressed him and his passing was spot on.
I think he would be fantastic in our league feeding off passes from Alonso and Stevie.

A very dull one and it seems that every time England play that's the case.

Villa was nothing spectacular. He set up Morientes very nicely in the first half, and had a decent shot on goal in the second-half.

Nothing compared to what he's capable, he was average by his standards.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Valencia will make top 4.  They have gotten over there mini crisis and are the in form team in Spain.  If anyone will miss out its Real Madrid.  Capello has made them a joke.  Negative!!!

I would like Villa but I think he will stay for at least another season.
puroresu

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion