SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 20th march 13.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Good performance and good result, although the penalty decision did change the course of the game as they were on top before that.

Suarez was superb and there were signs that he and Carroll will work as a pair.  The back four were faultless.  Lucas had a poor game and Meireles was below par playing out of position, but overall I'm very pleased with that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:03 pm

metalhead wrote:we will lose 2-0

(trying reverse psychology here)

see it worked :;):
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Tbh we won the game at a lazy pace, sunderland for all their huff and puff really didnt do much and our back 4 were pretty solid. Gotta say skrtel looks more confident and agger looked composed on his return.

I know gerrard will come back but CM is a big worry for me, we need bucket loads of creativity in the summer.

Job done today though so well played lads
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Greavesie wrote:
tubby wrote:
metalhead wrote:Breaking News: Chelsea to bid £60m plus Torres for Luis Suarez

:D

Tell you what... if he keeps on scoring like he is I wouldn't be surprised if they came calling. That's why it's imperative we push on and bring in a lot more quality some the summer.

It's not his scoring record that's impressive tho. He's so much more than that. Pace, movement, eye for a pass. His all round game is class I said today he would be the mane to bring the link between out midfield and strikers and it looks like he will be that player. We just need some width now and a more reliable back line

He does that thing where he's taking a player on and he will flick it away from them to get away and he pulls it off almost every time. Always keeps the ball tucked close but it looks likes hes let it go.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:24 pm

A good result that, especially given our away form this season.  Kenny has certainly turned us around in the league.  I liked the look of the Carroll/Suarez partnership today and just hope Suarez hasn't done his groin too badly.  I was also glad to see that we played quite a bit of football on the deck instead of just lumping it up to Carroll at every opportunity.  We of course were very fortunate to get the penalty but, then again, they were fortunate to get the beachball goal last season.  That's football. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Good effort that today and despite getting a break with then pen it was fully deserved. Sunderland where poor on the day and from their perspective will be dissapointed with one or two. I was concerned that Lucas and Spearing may get over run but they did well and protected the back line and used it alright going forward. Suarez ofcourse is the catalyst for us, at the hub of all our best work. Carroll caused problems and put himself about and we must appreciate hes a target man and fundementally is there to assist others and nab the odd goal. No complaints with anyone so just hope we can maintain that level every week now and see where we end up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Bad Bob wrote:A good result that, especially given our away form this season.  Kenny has certainly turned us around in the league. 

not according to Roy Wilkens and Andy Townsend  :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:00 pm

metalhead wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:A good result that, especially given our away form this season.  Kenny has certainly turned us around in the league. 

they can get to feck. It's clear as day imo. I love Liverpool under Kenny Dalglish, this summer and next season are going to be incredible
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 pm

metalhead wrote:

It's as clear as day...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:

It's as clear as day...

What did they say?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

That was definitely a game of improvement, I think. Spearing started off shakily but got better as time went on, and shows enough promise to at least be a solid squad player (I'd rather have him in there than Poulsen or Jovanovic any day of the week - at least he's got an upside). Carroll also got better, if more tired, as the game progressed. I think he's going to be a great player for us. He's got a ways to go before he's really back in form, though.

As for Suarez...man. When was the last time we had a player make such an impact so quickly after signing? He's a legend in the making IF he can control his attitude. I don't like seeing him flip out on his teammates every time they do something he doesn't like. That goes for the refs too. Also, I have a feeling that he's another player who could be out the door in two years if we don't start making the CL. I'm really hoping that Kenny can instill a bit of psychological fortitude in him and turn him into a real LFC supporter (unlike you-know-who!)
cptrios

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

tubby wrote:What did they say?

Ray Wilkens said before the game that under Kenny we aren't doing any better than we were under Hodgson, then Townsend goes on and agrees with him.

:no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Second half was much improved from the first, we got a little lucky with the pen (but beachballs, etc etc). Our new no 7 was in terrific form and his quality was there for all to see, he took his goal very well. I thought Spearing had a good game and was unlucky not to cap it with a goal.

The defense was impressive aswell and looks a much better unit with Agger back in there. We need to keep this run up. We have nothing bit the league to occupy our thoughts so there can be no excuses. Carroll looked unfit to me, its going to take him a while to get back to match fitness but it will come and in the summer when we buy some wingers, which we are crying out for, he will start to thrive.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Match of the day

Clarence Seedorf "Suarez is great. He does the opposite of what you'd think was logic."

Lee Dixon "I used to do that"

Haha
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:55 am

metalhead wrote:
tubby wrote:What did they say?

Ray Wilkens said before the game that under Kenny we aren't doing any better than we were under Hodgson, then Townsend goes on and agrees with him.

:no

Since Dalglish took over:

Liverpool - 10 games 20 points
Arsenal - 10 games 22 points (8 games 18 points since Dalglish took over)
Chelsea - 10 games 20 points (8 games 19 points since he took over, but last 10 for the sake of the argument)
Manchester United- 10 games 19 points
Tottenham - 10 games 16 points (8 games 13 points since Dalglish took over)
Manchester City- 10 games 15 points (8 games 11 points since Dalglish took over)

Clubs played by each team:

Liverpool - 2 top 6 teams played, 4 relegation teams played, 4 mid-table teams played.

Arsenal- 1 top 6 team played 5 relegation threatened teams played, 4 mid-table teams played.

Chelsea- 3 top 6 teams played, 2  relegation threatened teams played, 5 mid-table teams played.

Manchester United- 4 top 6 teams played, 4 relegation threatened teams played, 2 mid-table teams played.

Tottenham- 1 top 6 team played, 3 relegation threatened teams played, 6 mid-table teams played

Manchester City- 3 top 6 teams played, 5 relegation threatened teams played, 2 mid-table teams played

Now to get some statistical significance out of this, let's give these games a point system for games played.

Home games:
Relegation teams- 1
Mid-table- 2
Top 6- 3

Away games:
relegation teams- 1.5
Mid-table- 3
Top 6 - 4.5

Liverpool:

Home Games:
Everton- 2
Fulham- 2
Stoke- 2
Wigan- 1
Mancheter United- 3

Away Games:
Blackpool- 1.5
Wolves- 1.5
Chelsea- 4.5
West Ham- 1.5
Sunderland- 2.5

Difficulty Level- 21.5 points

Arsenal:
Home Games:
Manchester City- 3
Wigan- 1
Everton- 2
Wolves- 1
Stoke- 2
Sunderland- 2

Away Games:
Birmingham- 1.5
West Ham- 1.5
Newcastle- 2.5
West Brom- 1.5

18 points

Chelsea:
Home Games:
Villa- 2
Blackburn- 2
Liverpool- 3
Manchester United- 3
Manchester City- 3

Away Games:
Wolves- 1.5
Bolton- 2.5
Sunderland- 2.5
Fulham- 2.5
Blackpool- 1.5

23.5 points

Manchester United
Home Games:
Birmingham- 1
Villa- 2
Manchester City- 3
Bolton- 2

Away Games:
Spurs- 4.5
Blackpool- 1.5
Wolves- 1.5
Wigan- 1.5
Chelsea- 4.5
Liverpool- 4.5

26 points

Manchester City:
Home Games:
Blackpool- 1
Wolves- 1
West Brom- 1
Fulham- 2
Wigan- 2

Away Games:
Arsenal- 4.5
Birmingham- 1.5
Villa- 2.5
Manchester United- 4.5
Chelsea- 4.5

Tottenham:
Home Games:
Fulham- 2
Manchester United- 3
Bolton- 2
West Ham- 1

Away Games:
Everton- 2.5
Newcastle- 2.5
Blackburn- 2.5
Sunderland- 2.5
Blackpool- 2.5
Wolves- 2.5

23 points

Difficulty Points+Points Gained

Liverpool- 21.5+20= 41.5

Arsenal- 22+18= 40

Chelsea- 23.5+20= 43.5

Manchester United- 26.5+19= 45.4

Tottenham- 23+16= 39

Manchester City- 24.5+15= 39.5

In conclusion....

Since Dalglish has taken over as manager, the clubs that have the most combined difficulty points and points earned in order:

Manchester United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Manchester City

Tottenham

According to this, if Dalglish had been manager from the beginning of the season, we would be in third place right now. 

Now obviously I just threw this all together and it doesn't have any fact to it when it comes to the "difficulty points" I just made those up, but I think they validly relate to the amount of difficulty a club can expect when playing against these opponents.  Also, clubs positions are based on where they are right now, not when they played that club, so it obviously isn't all perfectly done.

10 games previous to Dalglish's appointment of boss (only Liverpool, I don't have fecking time guys  :p  ):

13 points gained

Homes Games:
Chelsea- 3
West Ham- 1
Villa- 2
Wolves- 1
Bolton- 2

Away Games:
Wigan- 1.5
Stoke- 2.5
Spurs- 4.5
Newcastle- 2.5
Blackburn- 2.5

22.5 + 13= 35.5 points.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'd say that is significantly lower then spurs and city.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that would be lower then some of the clubs that currently sit right below us in the premier league.

Simple fact is, Dalglish has rescued us.  What those little fecks were talking about, I don't know, but Dalglish has come to the club and done some amazing things for us.

Obviously I'm not saying this is how it would be, in more then one way. 

A- I just threw these numbers together so not all of them would statistically make sense, tho I do believe they are close.

B- I guarantee I made at least one mistake in there

C- If Dalglish had been manager from the beginning, I strongly believe that we would be even doing better then this.

Tell me what you guys think, tear it apart if you'd like to, but don't be too mean because I literally just spent a whole lot of time putting that together.

See any mistakes, feel free to point them out.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games