ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL Sunday 31st March 13.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Well after what seems like an age since our last game and the sodding international break it's back to the proper business this weekend. It's my second away trip of the season and to be quite frank, after the Southampton display it's difficult to know which Liverpool team will turn up. Will it be the one which was excellent for four games prior to Southampton or the rabble we saw at St Mary's?

I suspect we'll see Carragher back in for Skrtel and I hope to God that Henderson starts with Lucas and Gerrard in a midfield three. We've been far too open in the last couple of games and have been overrun in the middle of the park. This means one of Suarez/Sturridge/Downing/Coutinho will have to sit out. If we get control of the midfield area we should have too much for this lot. They're naive to say the least at the back. Benteke is a handful though and he ran us ragged at Anfield earlier in the season. Cutting off the supply line to him is the key. Hopefully Johnson gets his ***** back into gear after a few dodgy displays recently. Reina should also be back in goal.

3-1 to us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 pm

i think you`ve summed it perfectly mate, i hope the penny has finally dropped with rodgers.
brendan opted to go with a 2 man midfield against spurs which resulted in them playing us off the park for an hour until he changed it by bringing allen on and reverting back to a 3. with 3 in there we started to control the game.
after dodging a bullet against spurs i was astounded when he opted to go with that 4-2-4 formation again against southampton, i was even more astounded when he didnt even bring the extra man on when we were getting over run, he just made a like for like swap (lucas for allen) which of course achieved f##k all because the formation was the problem not the individuals.
after our last two performances you`d think there`s no way in hell he`d opt for 4-2-4 again this weekend against villa but i`m not too sure, he stood on the sidelines at st marys and watched us get humiliated by southampton for 90 minutes without changing the formation and i think he thinks that formation can work. it was almost as if he was putting off making a change because he was expecting the formation to suddenly `click`.
i hope i`m wrong but i`ve got a funny feeling he will go with it again against villa.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Wouldnt be at all suprised if Gerrard and Suarez was on the bench both played 90 minutes for their country and although we play Sunday I think Rodgers might go for a fresher line up in Sturridge Coutinho Downing upfront and a midfield 3 of Hendo Lucas and Shelvey

Benteke needs to be controlled So that should be Lucas' job for the game to keep the man quiet.

Prediction 1-1

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah not sure why but international break always makes me feel like its been a month since Liverpool last played
Though that being Soton match probably isnt such a bad thing

Hopefully back to winning ways tomorrow against Villa though these days you never know which Liverpool will turn up especially after international committments
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 am

Just hope we employ a midfield today. It's a fundamental part of association football you know.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Will be a comfortable win for us.I  expect Sturridge to shine in this one. Villa will always give you chances during a game and we put away one, especially early on, we will coast to victory
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Watching it live on ESPN in India  :buttrock
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Doeboy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:06 am wrote:Will be a comfortable win for us.I  expect Sturridge to shine in this one. Villa will always give you chances during a game and we put away one, especially early on, we will coast to victory

"Coast to Victory" ?

Wish I could be as confident as you, Villa are fighting for their premiership survival whilst we're playing essentially for nothing but pride. We should win but it's exactly the kind of game we're we've so often slipped up.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Team hot off the press from the offal:

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Downing, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Coates, Skrtel, Shelvey, Sterling, Suso, Sturridge.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Cmon Redmen this is usually a happy hunting ground
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 pm

How's it looking?   The kids are watching 'Wreck it Ralph' on tv........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Awful defending there, so lucky to still be at 0-0 after that.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm nervous every time the ball goes into our box.  That's starting to be a common occurrence for me. 

We seem to be completely bypassing the midfielders here.  Gerrard has been our quietest player so far, and Lucas and Hendo haven't been very involved either.  We're playing a bit kick ball-ish right now, a lot of times we get the ball in the back we just look to get it up to Suarez or Coutinho and it's not really working for us.  we can't use this "death by football" method of we aren't holding onto the ball.  Right now Villa are the ones doing that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby NorfolkRed » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:56 pm

looking vulnerable on every cross and villa are throwing it in there every chance they get. dominated first 10-15 minutes then have been pushed back ever since
NorfolkRed

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 pm

*****!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games