EPL Title race - 21/22

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:17 pm

If Westham reach the Europa final you can bet they'll field a weakened team as they will play the final 3 days after City.

Like Kazza said best hope is the game vs Leeds in-between the Madrid match. It would be awesome and poetic if SG and Couts cause a major upset on final day.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 am

Interesting teams we both play are Newcastle and Villa. We play them away and City play them home and to me there might also be a chance for us there. Those are two teams capable of playing deep block defending and can frustrate both teams and the good news for us is they are unlikely  to employ Everton type tactics when playing in front of their own fans but they might at the Etihad, if there is a glimmer of hope it may be there also.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:40 pm

Yup those two games can be tricky, Newcastle have been in good form so won't be easy for us at all.

Going to monitor the Leeds game also,they need points and have got 3 tough fixtures consecutively. Good thing is they are not safe so are desperate for points. Being at Elland road and in between the Real ties makes this a very interesting opportunity.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:06 am

Thankfully the RM v City tie is still in the balance so they will have one eye on the return leg in Madrid when they play Leeds. If we can get a big cushion against Villareal that would help us rest players. The PL really screwed us by having us play at 12:30 on Saturday even though we play on Wednesday whereas City get an extra day of rest.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:31 am

Cracking match yesterday, thought City on occasions sliced through Real with ease and should've scored a lot more.

Yup I agree thankfully the scoreline will still keep Pep on his toes. I've noticed his soo desperate for the UCL, you can see him agitated and stressed in the dugout when things are going off plan.

Lets hope Leeds give them hell also, really hoping they can draw at least.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:35 pm

So City obliterate Leeds,these lot won't drop points will they.

Frustrating....
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:00 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:35 pm wrote:So City obliterate Leeds,these lot won't drop points will they.

Frustrating....

Yes it is and nothing we can do about it, just keep winning matches and hope for one of those blips we know they can have
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu May 05, 2022 7:24 pm

I feel if City are to drop points it has to be at their weakest point which is now, yes in previous years they did fall out of UCL and won the league but the manner of exit was different. I really hope Newcastle give them hell and take points off them, but being at Etihad I am unsure.

This evening hoping West ham lose against Frankfurt,  if they go to the final they will rest players for the City game as Europa final is 3 days away. Hearing Gollum on radio he really wants to finish 5th or 6th if they don't succeed in Europa. So if they lose it will be better for us, they would give City one hell of a go then, if they with their game in hand they will be a few points behind United.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 08, 2022 7:40 pm

Newcastle and Leeds really have done us no favours conceding 18 goals to City this season. Can't believe they've actually now got a +4 goal difference on us. We need to really blow Villa away on Tuesday to try and claw back some hope.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 08, 2022 10:28 pm

City in the driving seat now, really to see them blow it.

Westham have clawed there way back to a Euro spot and are hunting United. If City do drop points we really need to boost our goal difference. Task isn't easy now, don't want the lads to be run down and smashed before the finals. Klopp should definitely field a mixture vs Villa.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 08, 2022 11:06 pm

We have 2 finals to think about that are coming very soon so maybe it's time to let the league go since it seems like a bit of a lost cause at this stage.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon May 09, 2022 5:16 am

Diaz, Walker and Stones are out for the season…. There is a chance but the other teams need to take it rather than roll over waiting for their summer holiday. Who knows, hopefully Gerrard can win us the league after all.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 09, 2022 6:29 am

Westham I think could potentially get something, Wolves and Villa I'm quite unsure though. City in defence crisis but have enough talent upfront to seal the job.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2022 9:52 am

Really hoping Wolves can get something off City this evening, even a draw would help the cause. Then we just need either Villa or Westham to get a draw. Asking for too much I guess but you never know.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 11, 2022 8:26 pm

Teams never go at City, its like they're defeated before a balls even been kicked.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion