Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 am

It was not a shook, after the game I have looked at him and his face somehow gave it away!, I think he new before the game.

It was very much expected BR couldn't and wouldn't take LFC further after managing to finish second couple of season ago, however had he sorted out the defence problem in that season LFC would in fact won the league!. That was his main downful! He does not have a defence strategy period.

The LFC owner they need now to make the right choice and go along with fans choice and for once they need to hear what the fans want, otherwise just sell the club and go.

LFC owner take the full blame for the decline of the club.
algymoon

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 am

Only Pep Lijnders remains from the backroom staff
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 am

No matter who takes the job, we need to replace Carra, SG, Sterling, Suarez and Torres.  We had world class players and today we don't.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:12 am

I feel bad for him.  He had very difficult circumstances to manage from day 1.   Reina wanting to leave, Carra retiring, Suarez wanting to leave, Gerrard aging / leaving, Sterling looking to leave, Sturridge injuries.  Any manager would have struggled. 

He almost won us a league title and at one point had us playing breath taking football. 

What killed him is that he couldn't settle on a style of play.  Towards the end it was clear the players didn't really know what was expected either. 

I think there is a great coach in there, he just needs to learn how to build a squad and manage better.

Right decision from the club though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 am

Firstly a thank you to Brendan for all his hard work especially the title challenge

However his time was up and probably shouldn't have gone into this season as manager and maybe comments from Klopp saying he would break his sabbatical for the right job

Anyway I think both Liverpool and Brendan will move forward

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:32 am

The truth is that they should have pulled the plug on him in the summer because as soon as he hit a bad patch it was always going to hit the fan. He was a dead man walking after stoke and despite him again saying he would correct it he didn't. The final straw came for him I believe when he pi$$ed off the few remaining supporters he had by claiming we are still rebuilding which is a pathetic cop out seeing as he is in his 4th season with us.
He can blame transfer committees and policies all he wants but that is what he signed up to and was responsible for the setting up of the committee in the first place.
Its his 4th year and he looks to have built and coached a poor side :down: There is no balance and no winning mentality in our team and thats why we are stuck in this rut. He will get a nice pay off and in no time will be filling fans of another club the exact same tripe he span here.

At least we can now get a new manager in to try and salvage something from the season. At least he has also time to work with the players and see what it is he wants come january or the summer.

Bad timing or not but we all knew things couldn't continue under him and it was only a matter of time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:51 am

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:32 am wrote:The truth is that they should have pulled the plug on him in the summer because as soon as he hit a bad patch it was always going to hit the fan. He was a dead man walking after stoke and despite him again saying he would correct it he didn't. The final straw came for him I believe when he pi$$ed off the few remaining supporters he had by claiming we are still rebuilding which is a pathetic cop out seeing as he is in his 4th season with us.
He can blame transfer committees and policies all he wants but that is what he signed up to and was responsible for the setting up of the committee in the first place.
Its his 4th year and he looks to have built and coached a poor side :down: There is no balance and no winning mentality in our team and thats why we are stuck in this rut. He will get a nice pay off and in no time will be filling fans of another club the exact same tripe he span here.

At least we can now get a new manager in to try and salvage something from the season. At least he has also time to work with the players and see what it is he wants come january or the summer.

Bad timing or not but we all knew things couldn't continue under him and it was only a matter of time.

Good post mate. I reckon over the course of it all BR was his own worst enemy.
And as you say the new man will have until January to assess the team. Holding fire was a big mistake by FSG but let's hope they put it right now. The new guy will at least have patience from the fans, knowing that he has to put Brendan's work right and in time that may well build a more united attitude. BR was a kid in a candy store. The new one will be a hero trying to save a sinking ship. Big difference there.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 am

Actually BR wasn't a kid in a candy store. He was a kid in an off license, buying loads of shandy.
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:05 pm

I think it is abundantly obvious that a lot has been going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Timing has probably been an issue. I can't imagine that they are simply going to leave Liverpool FC in the hands of a total under achiever like Sean O'Driscoll.Just what the fk is he doing at Liverpool FC. Rogers distasteful behaviour in letting his loyal assistants become the fall guys for his numerous shortcomings was a pill that was just to difficult to swallow. Karma usually finds a way and it certainly did with Rogers who I now don't mind admitting was an absolute fraud. It was difficult to support this egomaniac and not simply agree with the WHINGE COMMITTEE (term of endearment lads) who put together a catalogue of overwhelming reasons why Rogers should no longer be allowed to have anything to do with Liverpool FC. Personally I was beginning to worry about RBG's blood pressure  :laugh: Hopefully it has now settled down. It will be very interesting to see where Rogers goes from here? Abroad is my guess.

Can't find where it says that Gary Mac and O'Driscoll have gone ?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Said the Echo they would be taking training as normal for the last starting tuesday.  Macca will hold them together.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 am wrote:I think it is abundantly obvious that a lot has been going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Timing has probably been an issue. I can't imagine that they are simply going to leave Liverpool FC in the hands of a total under achiever like Sean O'Driscoll.Just what the fk is he doing at Liverpool FC. Rogers distasteful behaviour in letting his loyal assistants become the fall guys for his numerous shortcomings was a pill that was just to difficult to swallow. Karma usually finds a way and it certainly did with Rogers who I now don't mind admitting was an absolute fraud. It was difficult to support this egomaniac and not simply agree with the WHINGE COMMITTEE (term of endearment lads) who put together a catalogue of overwhelming reasons why Rogers should no longer be allowed to have anything to do with Liverpool FC. Personally I was beginning to worry about RBG's blood pressure  :laugh: Hopefully it has now settled down. It will be very interesting to see where Rogers goes from here? Abroad is my guess.

Can't find where it says that Gary Mac and O'Driscoll have gone ?

A good post. You backed BR. No harm in that. It's simply differing views is all.
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the club wanted rid of BR in the summer, but couldn't persuade Klopp or Ancelotti to join?

Something MUST have happened behind the scenes since then for FSG to act after a 1-1 draw with Everton. My gut feeling is Klopp has finally agreed to take over, with the announcement being delayed until the end of the week, while the club pretends to go through the process and deflect the fact it was a forgone conclusion a week or two ago.

Make no mistake, the club HAD to act. BR's bizarre press conferences "I'm rebuilding", "Top 4 isn't a necessity this year", "I'm not worried about my job" made it all the worse. As did the fact BR's decision to give up on his attacking football ideals and play for draws.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:49 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the club wanted rid of BR in the summer, but couldn't persuade Klopp or Ancelotti to join?

Something MUST have happened behind the scenes since then for FSG to act after a 1-1 draw with Everton. My gut feeling is Klopp has finally agreed to take over, with the announcement being delayed until the end of the week, while the club pretends to go through the process and deflect the fact it was a forgone conclusion a week or two ago.

Make no mistake, the club HAD to act. BR's bizarre press conferences "I'm rebuilding", "Top 4 isn't a necessity this year", "I'm not worried about my job" made it all the worse. As did the fact BR's decision to give up on his attacking football ideals and play for draws.

But if that was the case why would either take the job now after BR spent and "rebuilt" again? Something drastic must have happened behind the scenes for them too to change their minds now.
On everything else I completely agree. The fact that he "felt no pressure" was telling. That doesn't look good on any level.
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:52 pm

RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:49 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the club wanted rid of BR in the summer, but couldn't persuade Klopp or Ancelotti to join?

But if that was the case why would either take the job now after BR spent and "rebuilt" again? Something drastic must have happened behind the scenes for them too to change their minds now.
On everything else I completely agree. The fact that he "felt no pressure" was telling. That doesn't look good on any level.

We didn't actually spend that much when you factor (and I hate saying this) NET SPEND  :D

Besides, we've actually got a decent squad here and I don't think it'll take a class proven manager long to get a system working with the players. Obviously, some difficult decisions need to be made, but there will be money made available in January to improve the squad with some important additions. Who knows, perhaps some of our loan players will also be brought back?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Well there's more to it than spending of course. BR made some big calls at the end of last season and the beginning of this. Gerrard and consequently naming a new captain for one. Both managers would have had a better chance of keeping Sterling too. There's the staff issue. To me it all stinks of amateurism on both manager and owners part.
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion