Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 am wrote:Are we actually discussing this?

So now this week we have had people callin fabregas ***** and now Joe hart? Who is next? Toure? Luis? Aguero?

Hart is a top quality keeper. End of. Tim krul isn't and the one between our goal posts certainly isn't.

Huge difference between Toure, Luis and Aguero and Joe Hart and surely you cannot be serious  :) . He looks like an accident waiting to happen and has made some real howlers last year and this. He is more commanding than our keeper but he has a much stronger defence in front of him. I am not saying he is sh1t but there are certainly others better in this league alone that I would rather have. He is strong and commanding but is prone to bad errors and not that good with his feet. Top five in the PL, probably.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 pm

I cant quite see how you can say he´s an accident waiting to happen. Some of the mistakes he was slated over were blown out of proportion, (as were some of Pepe´s during his time here) and some of them were not as bad as made out. He probably made 3 or 4 genuine mistakes and was then made out to be poor. The fact is, he´s absolutely light years ahead of what we have in goal in every single attribute. Hence the reason I´m so desperate for us to sign Begovic.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 am

Just realized Brendan is divorcing his wife. He's been dating a club ex-employee for the past year or so. Makes me sad, perhaps I'm naive but I prefer my heroes to also be good family men who don't just desert their wives when the good times come (like managing lfc, say).
kartiek

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:05 am

kartiek » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:Just realized Brendan is divorcing his wife. He's been dating a club ex-employee for the past year or so. Makes me sad, perhaps I'm naive but I prefer my heroes to also be good family men who don't just desert their wives when the good times come (like managing lfc, say).

Wow I had no clue either. Sounds like she left the club so that they could pursue their relationship, and Rogers has bought a private flat in which he now lives away from his family. Got his teeth whitened, lost some weight, maybe all of this success is starting to get to him. She's attractive and his wife isn't much of a looker, and you really can't be surprised that something like this would happen, but I agree I'd like to see the strong family man that would seem to fit with Rogers' persona.

His personal life should stay that way tho I suppose.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Got naff all to do with us as long as it doesn't affect his managing of this club which it quite clearly doesn't judging by the season we've just had.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:14 pm

kartiek » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:32 am wrote:Just realized Brendan is divorcing his wife. He's been dating a club ex-employee for the past year or so. Makes me sad, perhaps I'm naive but I prefer my heroes to also be good family men who don't just desert their wives when the good times come (like managing lfc, say).

I assume you know the specific details of the terms of divorce then?

Talk about character assassination...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 pm

kartiek » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 am wrote:Just realized Brendan is divorcing his wife. He's been dating a club ex-employee for the past year or so. Makes me sad, perhaps I'm naive but I prefer my heroes to also be good family men who don't just desert their wives when the good times come (like managing lfc, say).

We don't know the exact details but I know what you mean, I feel the same way.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 am

Looks somewhat like Sharon stone...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:20 pm

cant believe you's are even wasting your time discussing what he does in his personal life  :help   :p  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:24 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165176-rodgers-i-m-looking-for-hungry-players

Brendan Rodgers has outlined why a hunger to succeed and improve will be one of the main attributes he'll be looking for in potential new recruits this summer.

Having narrowly missed out on being crowned Barclays Premier League champions to Manchester City, Liverpool have moved quickly to add Rickie Lambert to their ranks in the close season, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

And Rodgers insists mentality will be just as important to him as ability when it comes to further bolstering the ranks as the Reds aim to go one better next term.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "What we do need to do to ensure we kick on? We need to ensure we continue with our thinking in terms of the types of players we're going to bring in.

"We want to bring in players who are hungry. They must have the ambition to want to come in and succeed here.

"We need players who there can be no doubts about their quality.

"We're in a position now where we're going straight into the group stage of the Champions League and we're going into the Premier League next season with an expectation and a belief that we can win the league.

"We need players that have those qualities. That belief, players who are willing to improve and who are hungry to improve themselves.

"If we can get a number of signings with that profile then we can go on and build on last season."

With the welcome return of Champions League football to come on top of Liverpool's domestic campaign, Rodgers believes a bigger squad will be important to his plans to ensure the team retains a freshness.

"It's one where we just need good players," added the boss.

"The position we were in last summer was that we were losing players who were cover players and it was difficult for us to bring in starters.

"This year the squad will change around. We will need to change the team regularly over the course of the season in order to keep the efficiency and the energy in the team.

"Those players who are coming in need to be capable starters. They have to be to the level that we require to perform. That is absolutely key for us this summer."

'Quality' is indeed the word ,Rodgers saying the right things again ,just hope we can indeed bring in some exceptional talents to add to those
already in the squad.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Talk is cheap. Heard it all before. Needs to go and get some quality players instead of gambling on players with "potential"
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:cant believe you's are even wasting your time discussing what he does in his personal life  :help   :p  :D

I respectfully disagree. What happens in our personal life does indeed affects our work performance. Any married man who is dating someone else and the subsequent problems that will surely follow suite will definitely surface and will definitely affect your emotions and way of thinking. I know it's none of our business in what Brendan does in his private life, but because he's the manager of the club I love, events like this which can affect his work performance will be a cause for concern for the fans.

Luis Suarez, no doubt is a football genius and for all I care, as a mercenaric South American, he can f##k off to wherever he wants to but to me, our manager is the most important person in the club, not Luis Suarez though I would love to see him staying with us. Because Liverpool cannot compete financially with Chelsea, City, manure and even Spurs, so it's the team work that matters and team work depends on the manager. So I am sad and concerned by what is happening on the relationship side of his life.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:13 pm

She looks fit...
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Red Focus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:cant believe you's are even wasting your time discussing what he does in his personal life  :help   :p  :D

I respectfully disagree. What happens in our personal life does indeed affects our work performance. Any married man who is dating someone else and the subsequent problems that will surely follow suite will definitely surface and will definitely affect your emotions and way of thinking. I know it's none of our business in what Brendan does in his private life, but because he's the manager of the club I love, events like this which can affect his work performance will be a cause for concern for the fans.

Luis Suarez, no doubt is a football genius and for all I care, as a mercenaric South American, he can f##k off to wherever he wants to but to me, our manager is the most important person in the club, not Luis Suarez though I would love to see him staying with us. Because Liverpool cannot compete financially with Chelsea, City, manure and even Spurs, so it's the team work that matters and team work depends on the manager. So I am sad and concerned by what is happening on the relationship side of his life.

Kinda agree with you.

Remember reading something earlier this year about some fella turning up outside a female LFC employees house and going off on one, Brendan Rogers then reportedly appeared at an upstairs window and gestured to the man to "leave".

Allegedly it looked like not only was BR upstairs in some birds house, apparently cheating on his missus (?) but the bird in question was apparently cheating on her then boyfriend (?)

All seemed a bit sleazy to me, kind of stuff you'd see in a soap.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Personally woof I'm not overly interested in their personal lives. If they want to live idiotic Jeremy Kyle lifestyles providing they aren't breaking the law and bringing it into work then I couldn't give a flying f*ck if they were all at it with each other.

If it affects the team then they can f*ck off. I'm about as interested in there personal lives as I am big brother or emmerdale farm.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion