Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sat May 31, 2014 9:51 pm

DamnJan you're talking out your ***** as usual lad. Lallana would provide similar attributes to Henderson only better and can fill in other positions. If you think dropping our best players like coutinho, Gerrard, Suarez and sterling will make us go one better next season you're watching the wrong sport. We need a right back, centre half and goalie urgently, Pedro and lallana would be welcome additions!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 am

Stu the Red » Sat May 31, 2014 10:01 am wrote:Why are we going for a left back? Stupid decision. And never heard of this can fella.... Sounds like another aspas or Alberto deal to me. Just what we need

So just because you never heard of him you assume he's gash? Who the f*ck are you? Gary Linekar?

You're stuck inside Coutinho's ***** most times so you don't see how inconsistent the Brazilian is.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 am

If it was down to you maypax you would have the club going after ***** like Redmond and Moussa ***** sissoko so dont even get involved maggot dick.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 am

I sort of agree with Stu here, I'll be genuinely surprised if a 20 year old who has never played in the prem before walks into our team and makes himself a permanent fixture in the starting XI straight away. I'm not saying the lad won't do that in the future but I'd be surprised if he does that from the off.
Whilst I don't think he'll be as anonymous as Alberto's been this season it wouldn't surprise me if it takes him a while to get to grips with English footy and he spends a fair amount of time on the bench.
Let's not forget that Sahin was a former Bundesliga player of the year and was so impressive in Germany that Real Madrid bought him and he struggled here, and he was older and more experienced than this lad.
I hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:31 am

The point is yakka for me... Jordan Henderson played well last year and certainly wasn't one of the weakest links. He sxurprised me, but on that we shouldn't be looking to replace him. Lallana can play in his role and offer similar things, less legs but more skill but I believe he can do a similar job. Adam can also play with Henderson and Gerrard instead of pip and we would still have balance.

It gives us options and depth which is what we need but more importantly the quality is right. This can fella... Is goin to have to be some player to replace and of Gerrard, Henderson, coutinho, Lallana or Allen... I cant see it.

Quality needs to come first, I cant see past the five players I want. In terms of shape, squad and quality I think with those five we would ***** the league and do well in Europe too.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:48 am

Stu the Red » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 am wrote:The point is yakka for me... Jordan Henderson played well last year and certainly wasn't one of the weakest links. He sxurprised me, but on that we shouldn't be looking to replace him. Lallana can play in his role and offer similar things, less legs but more skill but I believe he can do a similar job. Adam can also play with Henderson and Gerrard instead of pip and we would still have balance.

It gives us options and depth which is what we need but more importantly the quality is right. This can fella... Is goin to have to be some player to replace and of Gerrard, Henderson, coutinho, Lallana or Allen... I cant see it.

Quality needs to come first, I cant see past the five players I want. In terms of shape, squad and quality I think with those five we would ***** the league and do well in Europe too.

I agree with 90% of your proposed signings mate especially Begovic, whilst I believe Mingolet hasn't been totally shyte most title winning teams tend to have a top keeper, wether it was Clemo with us, Shilton at Forest, Southall at Everton or Schmeichel at United keepers are often overlooked but they can be the difference between success and failure.
Not many great sides have had an average keeper.
The one I'm not too keen on is Pedro, he is lightweight even in Spain and if Aspas is meant to be some sort of Iberian Dave MacKay god only knows how ineffectual that lad will be.
His numbers look impressive but playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona tends to warp stats, 95% of the time games are a turkey shoot for those 2 clubs and a lot of the time he probably comes on when Barca are 4-0 up and the opposition have already thrown the towel in.
Richards would be good signing though, him and Begovic (who likes to collect crosses) wouldn't half address our weakness in the air at the back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm

I would love to have Begovic at Liverpool... However i don't think BR will be as ruthless as to buy a new keeper 1 season after he has bought Mignolet and relegate him to the bench or sell him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Pedro has the lot yakka. He's a top class footballer, not a pretender. A few years ago when Barca were at their best he was one the main reasons, he's quick, skillful direct and scores goals... Also works for the team and presses. Hes a bit weaker than sterling but is very much that type of player and I think he'd improve our forward line and our options massively.  In terms of his appearances he's suffered with injury the last couple of years, hence the dip in form. But he's still always done what's required. The lad is a far better player than the over rated neyMar.

The important thing is tough, he can lead a line or play wide... So even if were decimated by injuries we would still have plenty of quality if we were to sign someone of his class. Hes a constant threat, pacey, fits the style perfectly and won everything in the game. Not to mention speaks the same language as our best player.

No Brainer for me mate. He'd be a perfect fit.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Joe Hart at man city... average keeper in a title winning side.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:06 am

Joe Hart is an average keeper?

:laugh:

I suggest you go and watch netball lad because coming out with rubbish like that proves you dont know your football.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:50 am

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 am wrote:Joe Hart is an average keeper?

I suggest you go and watch netball lad because coming out with rubbish like that proves you dont know your football.

Well he certainly is not world class or the best in the prem. I would not have him!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:01 am

kazza » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:

Well he certainly is not world class or the best in the prem. I would not have him!

I've gotta say he had a time when he was struggling, and low on confidence when he was dropped (I don't think he should've been), but I think he's one of the top keepers in the PL. I'd be much more comfortable with him in goal than Mignolet. I actually rate Joe Hart pretty strongly. Maybe only behind Cech, Krul, Lloris and Begovic in the PL, which is a league that pretty consistently has a lot of very talented keepers.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Well stu... it's about opinions and I think he's tosh. You obviously like him/rate him...

...unless Liverpool signed him, then you'd say he was average at best.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 pm

ethanr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:01 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:

I've gotta say he had a time when he was struggling, and low on confidence when he was dropped (I don't think he should've been), but I think he's one of the top keepers in the PL. I'd be much more comfortable with him in goal than Mignolet. I actually rate Joe Hart pretty strongly. Maybe only behind Cech, Krul, Lloris and Begovic in the PL, which is a league that pretty consistently has a lot of very talented keepers.

So you are saying he is the fifth best keeper in the prem which confirms what I said. Not the best in the prem and not world class. I agree that he is better than what we have but we want more.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 am

Are we actually discussing this?

So now this week we have had people callin fabregas ***** and now Joe hart? Who is next? Toure? Luis? Aguero?

Hart is a top quality keeper. End of. Tim krul isn't and the one between our goal posts certainly isn't.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion