Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 pm

better defender who can actually command the area and help him out would be a start
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 pm

found this funny.
nothing like putting on another team to do you a turn lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 08, 2014 5:33 pm

lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm wrote:Sky sports stats say that Mignolet was to blame for 8 goals this season and cost us 3 points. not sure who they worked it out but if true then he has had a good year as the rest are all down to the defence.

There are some traits that Bergovic is better than Mignolet such as commanding his area and much better in dealing with crosses but Mignolet has his strong point too such as shot stopping. Like I said before I actually wanted us to get Bergovic before we signed Mignolet.

That aside, we cannot afford wholesale changes in our side, and goal keeper is not the most critical area for us to change at the moment (unless we can unearth another Courtois). I'll say central defence, left back, wide attacker and a commanding midfielder should be our priorities now then we work our way to the other area when the right players become available
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:03 pm

I take all Sky sports stats with a pinch of salt. I did like the one they did a few years back that said Liverpool players coverd more miles in games than any other team.....not sure that good
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Santa » Thu May 08, 2014 5:33 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm wrote:Sky sports stats say that Mignolet was to blame for 8 goals this season and cost us 3 points. not sure who they worked it out but if true then he has had a good year as the rest are all down to the defence.

There are some traits that Bergovic is better than Mignolet such as commanding his area and much better in dealing with crosses but Mignolet has his strong point too such as shot stopping. Like I said before I actually wanted us to get Bergovic before we signed Mignolet.

That aside, we cannot afford wholesale changes in our side, and goal keeper is not the most critical area for us to change at the moment (unless we can unearth another Courtois). I'll say central defence, left back, wide attacker and a commanding midfielder should be our priorities now then we work our way to the other area when the right players become available

Begovic is world class, Mignolet is an average premier league keeper. Mignolet's reflexes and agility are good, his shot stopping is questionable due to his suspect positioning and average footwork. We need a class goalkeeper and Mignolet is not that. He's the teams joint second weakest link along with Skrtel... The lad has to go. If he doesn't we will struggle defensively again next season.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat May 10, 2014 3:14 pm

lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm wrote:I take all Sky sports stats with a pinch of salt. I did like the one they did a few years back that said Liverpool players coverd more miles in games than any other team.....not sure that good

Those stats are powered by OPTA.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 12, 2014 11:50 am

IN B-ROD WE TRUST!!!
:bowdown
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

Rodgers named LMA Manager of the Year

The Northern Irishman is the first Reds boss to ever receive the accolade - which is voted for by every LMA manager, including all 92 professional league clubs - in his second term at the helm.

Rodgers guided Liverpool to a second-place finish in the Barclays Premier League as they pushed Manchester City all the way in pursuit of the title and secured a return to the Champions League. This after they'd finished seventh the season before.

In doing so, the Reds' exciting style of football yielded 101 league goals in total - a club record in the top flight.

On Monday night, at an awards ceremony in London, Rodgers' efforts throughout a phenomenal campaign were recognised by his peers as he accepted the prestigious LMA prize.

LMA chairman, Howard Wilkinson, said: "There can be no greater tribute to a manager and his work than a tribute awarded by his match day foes and peers. This evening we applaud Brendan Rodgers as he receives that most valuable award.

"Liverpool Football Club's performances and results this season have provoked memories of some of those momentous years in the past when they had to contend with those two Uniteds - the first from Leeds, the second from Manchester.

"For Liverpool and Brendan, I'm sure we all hope this season marks the beginning of a new voyage and a new era.

"Brendan is not an 'overnight' success. Aged just 20, his career in professional football was cruelly halted by serious injury. Undaunted by such a devastating set-back that can have a stunning effect on one's life, let alone career, he set off determined to get a coaching education and, along the way, he has filled almost every post in the game.

"His career as a manager has been eventful. Four years after securing his first job at Watford, and following much self-reflection after being dismissed at Reading, he enjoyed great success at Swansea before being appointed at Liverpool in June 2012 where he has made a huge impact.

"Being present at a match at Anfield this season was reminiscent of the truly good old days; long may it continue."

Richard Bevan, chief executive of the LMA, added: "Brendan Rodgers is a superb role model to all aspiring managers and coaches as, despite being only 41, he already has over 20 years of coaching experience from academy, to reserve and then to first-team football. I am sure he will continue to build on his success with Liverpool this season in years to come."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 13, 2014 10:00 am

Congrats to Brendan, a well deserved accolade.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Signed a new extended contract until 2018!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... years.html
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Thoroughly merited ,one of the most outstanding young managers in the game.

Rodgers said: "I am both humbled and privileged to be offered the chance to extend my stay at this great club. I am very happy to build on the foundations we have built over the last two years and now we move onto the next phase which I believe will be as exciting, challenging and rewarding.

"I would like to place on record my thanks to the players and staff, who have been absolutely brilliant for me since the day I started at this great football club. I am grateful to our owners and senior management team who have supported me and who share my vision of how we can progress on the field.

"Finally, I must thank the supporters who are at the heart of everything we do here. I am honoured every day to lead this team and I thank the fans for their continued support as together we strive to bring  success back to Liverpool Football Club."

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 26, 2014 5:01 pm

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon May 26, 2014 11:04 pm

fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue May 27, 2014 1:09 am

Brilliant news, great way to start the off season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue May 27, 2014 3:49 am

Excellent news, now keep Suarez, sign 6-7 players that will add quality to our squad and lets go out and remind Europe what they have been missing all these years!  :buttrock
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion