Stephen ireland? - On his way out of city?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:53 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:I think we'll agree to disagree - you rate McGeady, I don't. End of, pure and simple. But I'll stick by my opinion that he's not LFC material, as some were suggesting during the last transfer window. And I'll rubbish players if I believe - and can back-up - they're not good enough for Ireland, or Liverpool for that matter.
Would you disagree that McShane is possibly the worst defender the ROI has had in the past 2-3 decades (couldn't care less if he's young or not, he's cat !) ? Or that that Wolves winger (forget his name now...the bloke with the blonde hair...) is poison ?
So what if they're young - they're not good enough.

I would have to agree with your opinion of Ireland ,no doubting he's a formidable talent ,but  the general consensus is he's as mad as a box of frogs ,not unlike Don Hutchinson when he played for the Reds never far from controversy but he too was blessed with natural footballing ability ,but due to his off field antics never truly fulfilled his potential  :D
Plus his dress sense is only slightly less off the wall than Diouf,s  :D Irelands I mean
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:10 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
john craig wrote:Because you go to Croke mate doesn't mean you're any more qualified to talk bollox than the rest of us I'm afraid.

Stephen Ireland and Aiden McGeady are both quality footballers.  However neither have played that many games in an Irish shirt, so going to the Irish homes games gives you fu.ck all insight into either of them in terms of their ability.

If Stephen Ireland is a head case, and I don't claim to know him personally, then I don't give a fu.ck, the same way I wouldn't care if Steven Gerrard was a cu.nt of a man in person.  I don't know footballers personally and I don't want to know them personally, I only care what happens on the pitch.

As for McGeady, personally I just think you're talking out your rear one.

But hey, Andy Reid and Kevin Doyle, now theres a couple of real footballers...

Somebody break your crayons, mate ?
The reason I mention physically going to the games is because you see an awful lot more than you do on the TV. McGeady is lazy, doesn't track back, hikes out of challenges all the time yada yada yada....I've seen him too often and frustrate the bejaysus out of 60,000+ in Croker (not) doing just that...
So no, I don't rate him.
Are you a closet Celtic fan or something ? That'd explain it....

And I did say Ireland is a quality footballer, but I also believe he is a few fries short of a happy meal....Why hasn't he played that many games in an Irish shirt ? 'Cos he's phuckin' bonkers, that's why. He's like Roy Keane all over again, but at least Keane wanted to play for his country....

Why does it matter how smart a player is? Most footballers are thick as pigsh1t but as long as they doa job on the pitch then who cares.
heimdall

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm

i would like to see both McGeady and Ireland here. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would like to see both McGeady and Ireland here. :)

WUM  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Would love to see him here. Whether City would sell a top player like that to a club whom they are trying to shift out of the way is another thing. I don't think he would come cheap. Is his contract up at the end of the season? If it were possible id say go for him but I can't see it happening. We may have to budget in the summer and i don't think he would fit in our price range tbh.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

how come the list of topics is now down to about 5 (on the welcome page) - who goes in and chops the others off ? is it some truncation thing, performance optimising the database or something ?
just geekily interested....
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 am

What page mate? Some threads get moved about sometimes.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 am

That's kinda what i mean....some days there are maybe 3 pages of threads...other days - like tonight - there are five.....maybe i'm being blonde or something...
bunglemark2

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 am

bunglemark2 wrote:maybe i'm being blonde or something...

most probably  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:24 am

bunglemark2 wrote:That's kinda what i mean....some days there are maybe 3 pages of threads...other days - like tonight - there are five.....maybe i'm being blonde or something...

bunglemark is based on time.

I think its like 12 hours or something. If a post has been made in a thread in the last 12 or 10 or 8 hours (whatever) it will appear in the new posts section. so when the forum is active and many members are on, you will see a lot of threads.

But around 5 or 6 am UK time, there are only a few left. becuase there have not been many posts in the last 6 hours, etc.

i guess i could have been clearer, but i think you get it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:maybe i'm being blonde or something...

most probably  :rasp

Oooooohhh...bitchy spice !  :D
bunglemark2

Postby Waldo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Would absolutely love to see Stephen Ireland come to our club. He has the potential to take over from Gerrard.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 pm

He is a good young player but i think he will cost quite a bit of money.
leep33

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill