City

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 pm

I really hope things on the financial side take a turn for the better come the summer otherwise this constant sniping from City (and other big clubs) will continue. I know it sounds fickle but but we need to get more players in with some quality if we want to keep our stars here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

I would not  want Nando to leave , i just love that lad , and i assume that is the opinion of everyone on this forum. But would u consider an offer of 70 mil + Tevez ? We would have a world class striker in Tevez ,  50 mil for new players and 20 mil go of to the debt. That's an offer i would take , but still my hearth would hurt watching El Nino playing for a shity club like City
centarec

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:24 pm

centarec wrote:I would not  want Nando to leave , i just love that lad , and i assume that is the opinion of everyone on this forum. But would u consider an offer of 70 mil + Tevez ? We would have a world class striker in Tevez ,  50 mil for new players and 20 mil go of to the debt. That's an offer i would take , but still my hearth would hurt watching El Nino playing for a shity club like City

And then every other club would say to us ok this player you want costs x + 7Mil for kicks. It is not worth it in any situation mate, you don't sell your best players!

Anyway still on City, SlySN were saying that Adam Johnson has requested to be allowed to speak to City. Good young English talent there. Isn't someone here a mate of his? Lee J? I thought he was a red!!!   :angry:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

I'll be speaking to him on Wednesday but according to his mother this story is a load of bollox. more to follow
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 pm

well so far by my calculations patrick vieira has been paid £600k for doing sod all.

must be a nice position to be in when that sort of money is a pittance to your club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

bit of info, just spoke to his mam again, she has said that Strachan doesn't want Adam to leave the club but he understands that Adam will leave in the summer regardless. So far, Sunderland is his destination. He has already sorted some terms out personally. Adam's ambition is to play for a top four premier league club. His prefered destination for that is Liverpool. He even told me that if Man.utd offered him £80k a week and Liverpool offered him £20k a week - he would sign for Liverpool. But his agent has spoken to Liverpool's officials on Adam's behalf and basically Liverpool told him that the club are not interested in Adam but wish him well for the future. So he's had to look out for himself - so, I wouldn't rule out him contacting City (knowing what I've just found out) but I wish Liverpool hadn't of refused to discuss Adam with his agent cos we could of had him for very little.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Dinger wrote:
Waldo wrote:Anyone who thinks the clubs owners would turn down an offer in excess of £50m (never mind £100m) for Torres needs their heads read!!!

Why would the owners want to sell him? He is one of our best players in a season where we are despratley trying to qualify for the champions league in order to get the club more money next year. For the amount of debt it would pay off compared to the amount that the club would be devalued for selling him, even the yanks must be able to see there is no sense in selling.

Not suggesting he will sold this season but the summer.

Money talks. It's clear to all the that Yanks are driven by ££££'s and not a love for this club. £100m for Torres would allow them to reduce debts or even progress the new stadium thus making Liverpool the business more attractive to prospective investors of buyers.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

this is probably in the news already but there has defo been contact now between Adam and Man.City.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill