Crouch to city? - Very long shot

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mikopool » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Man city home kit.
So I know this is hardly a way to get transfer news, and the least likely of sources, but interesting none the less. I would make more of this but the same site was also selling "crouchinho" Brazil jerseys a while back.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby essexpoolfan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 am

Pretty funny really, who would be dumb enough to get a name on their shirt from a transfer rumour
essexpoolfan

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:33 am

essexpoolfan wrote:Pretty funny really, who would be dumb enough to get a name on their shirt from a transfer rumour

I might get Kaka on the back of mine :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 am

NANNY RED wrote:
essexpoolfan wrote:Pretty funny really, who would be dumb enough to get a name on their shirt from a transfer rumour

Are you talking about your shirt or your shorts ?    :D

Was mentioned on one of the sports shows the other day that Crouch is possibly Rafa's best assest if he's looking to sell a player he might consider surplus to requirements.

Sven over at Man City meanwhile says they expect to be bringing players in before the window closes, they're looking at four players but he wouldn't name them. Wouldn't be surprised if Crouch was on the list.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:37 am

woof woof ! wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Are you talking about your shirt or your shorts ?    :D

Was mentioned on one of the sports shows the other day that Crouch is possibly Rafa's best assest if he's looking to sell a player he might consider surplus to requirements.

Sven over at Man City meanwhile says they expect to be bringing players in before the window closes, they're looking at four players but he wouldn't name them. Wouldn't be surprised if Crouch was on the list.

The way that city play would suit Crouch down to the ground imo.
They have Petrov whipping balls in all of the time and Elano getting himself in positions on the edge of the box for the set backs and lay offs etc.
They would be a far better side with Crouch instead of Vassell, lets hope Rafa realises that Crouch is our second best striker and keeps him....selling to someone rivalling us for fourth in January would be very foolish.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:06 pm

That website are clearly on a bit of a publicity kick - it was mentioned in today's Metro that they're also selling a Man U no 14 shirt with Berbatov's name on.

Absolutely no indication whatsoever that a move is in the offing. Just canny marketing on their part.
ivor_the_injun

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:51 pm

This ought to end all these constant rumours about the big guy (but probably won't):

Peter Crouch: I want to stay at Liverpool Jan 18 2008

EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

PETER CROUCH wants the talk about his Liverpool future to stop.

The Reds striker has endured almost 12 months of speculation that he could be heading for the Anfield exit door.

But he insists he has no wish to quit the club he joined for £7m in July 2005 and just wants to play more games and continue competing for football's biggest prizes.

Crouch said: "Everyone talks about me talking to clubs. Maybe it's because I'm not playing every game.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"But at a club like Liverpool you're not going to play every game.

"I've come to realise that this is the case at a club like this, whereas at somewhere else maybe you would play every game.

"But here we are competing for things and I certainly want to be a part of winning trophies."

During the current transfer window, Crouch has been linked with a return to former club Portsmouth, as well as moves to either Manchester City or Portsmouth.

But he insists no contact has been made by any of this trio and he is fully expecting to complete the season with Liverpool.

"I've not heard anything," he said. "No-one's approached the club and no- one's approached me.

"There's a lot of speculation and, like I've said, that probably comes down to the fact that I'm not playing every game. But hopefully if I get a good run of games towards the end of the season then those rumours will go away."

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
JamCar05

Return to The Rumour Mill