Stephen ireland

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Brilliant player but mad as a box of frogs :D reminds me of Don Hutchinson
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Good player. Not convinced he's anything like as good or potentially as good as some are suggesting, though. Somewhere in the ballpark of £8m is what I'd be willing to pay.
LFC2007

Postby Waldo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Good player. Not convinced he's anything like as good or potentially as good as some are suggesting, though. Somewhere in the ballpark of £8m is what I'd be willing to pay.

Spot on mate. He might be a bit of an extravert and some would say trouble but in a strong changing room with the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Reina, Carra and Mascha he would soon tow the line. I can't see Man City selling at £8m - £10m but if he was available for that kind of money we would abolutely mental not to snap him up.

You can argue that he is similar to Aquilani but we need 2-3 players available for all positions if we are to improve for the future. That has been the issue we've had for years. Last yar proved we have a first XI that can compete with anyone in the league but we have suffered this year because our squad is weak...

Rafa - whilst you are raiding Man City see if you can pick up Michael Johnson as well  :eyebrow
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 pm

8m? Acquallani cost 20m and Ireland is a million miles better. I  think he can be as good as Fabragas.

However, he is a nutter, I wouldn't want him. He'd unsettle the dressing room too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 am

andy_g wrote:he doesn't play for ireland anymore because of an ongoing fallout with trappatoni. a couple of years back he pulled out of the squad before an important match saying that his grandmother had died, he was found out to be lying and the actual reason was because his girlfriend had suffered a miscarriage. reason enough to leave the squad you should think, but there you go.

i think he's an excellent player, but his taste for cars is terrible.

Got a good wig going on that last pic though
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby destro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 am

One season wonder coming from the City fans I know, they reckon they will  drive him to LIVERPOOL if we are interested in signing him ( ON THE CONDITION THEY GET TO USE THEIR OWN CAR ) :;):
destro

Postby Fauxy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Steven Ireland might not be a bad option. He wants to move and i dont blame him, he's not going to get much of a shout at Man City and he's young and has ambition.

I can see why he is described as a one season wonder though.. he hasnt played very well this season from what ive seen of him. Maybe its not true though.

Id rather him than Lucas in any case
Fauxy

Postby steviec » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I said it before, No ! He's a headcase...needs help...we don't need a psych like him...

Why because he wouldnt play for Ireland? :D

Cant believe the way our Irish fans booed him when we played City, its a Liverpool match ffs, Its like me booing Bridge for pulling out the England squad as if  :D

If we could sign him then Id be made up a vast improvement on Lucas.

The difference between Ireland and Bridge is that, Ireland is a gifted player that the Republic could do well without losing, whereas Bridge is a hoofer. No big loss to the England set up, my Aunt Myrtle is better
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby Fauxy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Is yer Aunt related to Skrtel ?
Fauxy

Postby ironman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:There is a lot of speculation doing the rounds at the moment that Liverpool are going to sign Stephen Ireland from Manchester City. Now i thought Liverpool did not have a lot of money to spend during the summer, would expect Ireland to cost around £7-£10 million. He is a good midfielder which could offer a lot to the side.

Please, anyone but Rafas lovechild Lucas? ???
ironman

Postby rocky29 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:27 am

another midfielder to much like aquas position. id rather get diamanti in the rite team this guy cud be a legend bet no one will agree?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 am

Diamanti is good at set pieces but a potential legend? no chance in hell.

If he was a REALLY good player he would stick out like a sore thumb at any club that is battling against relegation. Think of Tevez when he was at west ham... he alone saved their entire season. That is potential legend.
Fauxy

Postby rocky29 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 am

Fauxy wrote:Diamanti is good at set pieces but a potential legend? no chance in hell.

If he was a REALLY good player he would stick out like a sore thumb at any club that is battling against relegation. Think of Tevez when he was at west ham... he alone saved their entire season. That is potential legend.

absolute rubbish. why dont u ask alan hansen that hes only got a free-kick. twice on match of the day 2 he said what a player has passion strength unbelievable technical ability and what a left peg. u put him in our team and i bet u any money hed make riera and babel look ordinary!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm

stephen ireland equals joey barton stan collymore craig bellamy. all good players but not worth the hassle in the end?:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill