Man city owner - Wants torres !

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 pm

:angry:

WTF they just said on talk sport they he wants Torres , ronaldo , Kaka plus others.

This is crazy we need DIC because if they put in 50 mil for torres current owners would sell we can't offored to lose him in January.

:veryangry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....5m.html

New Manchester City owners from Abu Dhabi bag Robinho for £32.5m
Having completed his astonishing £210 million takeover of Manchester City yesterday, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan delivered a stunning statement of intent by taking on Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea — and the rest of football’s elite — with audacious bids for some of the world’s best players.

As one of the most senior members of Abu Dhabi’s ruling family, Sheikh Mansour is synonymous with the $1 trillion wealth at the oil-rich emirate’s disposal, and has a personal fortune estimated to run into billions of pounds.

On a dramatic transfer window deadline day, he signalled a changing landscape in world football as City almost derailed Manchester United’s pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov by having a British record transfer fee of £34 million accepted and then outflanked Chelsea with a £32.5 million offer for Real Madrid’s Robinho.

Last week, City sounded out Liverpool about a £45 million deal for Fernando Torres and there were also further bids yesterday for Valencia’s David Villa and Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez.

Abu Dhabi United Group, who considered investing in Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal, agreed a deal to buy 90 per cent of City in what is a private transaction rather than a sovereign wealth investment.

The agreement allows the previous owner, Thaksin Shinawatra, to remain at Eastlands on the board as honorary president “without administrative responsibilities”, while retaining a 10 per cent share in the club. The deal began to take shape last month when Thaksin, who bought Manchester City for £81.6 million last July, let potential investors know that he wanted to sell his stake. It was completed in principle late on Sunday night and City said in a statement that a “memorandum of understanding” had been signed with the deal subject to due diligence.

“The agreement has been reached, but we still have to get some approvals,” said ADUG board member Sulaiman Al Fahim. “It is really about formalities. It is more about securing approval from the authorities in England. I don’t foresee any problems with the club itself.”

Al Fahim plans to travel to England shortly to meet Premier League officials and intends to bring in several new board members in the next four months.

It is expected that Al Fahim will take a place on the board, with manager Mark Hughes having already been informed that the club’s target will be finishing in the top four and qualification for the Champions League. In the long term, the aim is to win both the Premier and Champions Leagues. The example of Abramovich has been closely studied and ADUG are prepared to spend in excess of the £600 million that Chelsea’s Russian owner has spent in gathering five trophies, including two Premier League titles, during his five years at Stamford Bridge.

“Funds are available — we are serious,” Al Fahim said. “Our idea is to bring in more players during the next transfer window. I don’t want to put a figure on what will be available, like £100 million - more than that might be needed.

“I like to have a challenge and looked at Manchester City as a club where you can add a lot and make them into one of the top four clubs.”

Said on talk sport he going to go in with bigger offor next window.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Dont think Torres would ever go to another prem club .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:21 pm

GYBS wrote:Dont think Torres would ever go to another prem club .

Would he have choice if owners told him to :censored: off for 50 mil deal ? or more maybe.

I meen no way i would have thought robinio would have gone city over the chavs but he did.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:24 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

Would he have choice if owners told him to :censored: off for 50 mil deal ? or more maybe.

Yeah he could turn them down . then would wait out until a spanish or italian club come in for him . if the owners accepted a bid for torres then we would loose rafa,pepe,masher and prob gerrard as well . i know the yanks are fecking stupid but surely they arent that stupid to sell torres . cant see it tbh .

and robinho is just after the money - he prob doesnt even know about city but knows about the 6 mil a year he will get - cant see torres being like that
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 pm

That kind of movements is what I thought I'd see here when the yanks told me about snoogy doogy

Torres? Do not worry mates  :) He'll stay no matter what
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:28 pm

I reckon they'll try to sign up everyone that looks promising. They know they wont get Torres but they'll have a go just to show their intent
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Sabre wrote:That kind of movements is what I though I'd see here when the yanks told me about snoogy doogy

No doubt snoogy doogy will be signing for city at Christmas if they can't get Torres.
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 pm

GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Yeah he could turn them down . then would wait out until a spanish or italian club come in for him . if the owners accepted a bid for torres then we would loose rafa,pepe,masher and prob gerrard as well . i know the yanks are fecking stupid but surely they arent that stupid to sell torres . cant see it tbh .

and robinho is just after the money - he prob doesnt even know about city but knows about the 6 mil a year he will get - cant see torres being like that

Would they care if they lost them all would they its more money in there pocket.

Whats to stop them sellig the assets then selling to DIC it wouldn't put it past them not like we gonna hate them any less.

Gerrard
Torres
Alonso
Babel
Keane
Riena

About 140 mil at least nice earner.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

don't think in this world torres would want to get to them

i just hope that dumb and bumber have gone by the jan transfer window as if they are on there way out and think they could get a few quid in there back pocket before they go then imo i don't think they would stop it and push for the sale

pair of f*cking tw*ts
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:33 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:don't think in this world torres would want to get to them

i just hope that dumb and bumber have gone by the jan transfer window as if they are on there way out and think they could get a few quid in there back pocket before they go then imo i don't think they would stop it and push for the sale

pair of f*cking tw*ts

Why wouldn't torres want to go to a club with a owner worth 1 trillion I meen the team he is going to build will be such a great team to play in and i must say City have top Fans why wouldn't any one , money talks in football.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:35 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Would they care if they lost them all would they its more money in there pocket.

Whats to stop them sellig the assets then selling to DIC it wouldn't put it past them not like we gonna hate them any less.

Gerrard
Torres
Alonso
Babel
Keane
Riena

the selling price of the club would go down considerable if they did that - would be better for them when they sell it to have the best assets there so they can make a tidy profit .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:35 pm

GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Gerrard
Torres
Alonso
Babel
Keane
Riena

the selling price of the club would go down considerable if they did that - would be better for them when they sell it to have the best assets there so they can make a tidy profit .

DIC would still want club wouldn't matter , DIC would still pay same price i think.

Or maybe they use funds to start new anfield to bumb up price.

All i know 26 mil to buy 50+ to sell any club be mad not to sell imo.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:37 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

pair of f*cking tw*ts

Why wouldn't torres want to go to a club with a owner worth 1 trillion I meen the team he is going to build will be such a great team to play in and i must say City have top Fans why wouldn't any one , money talks in football.

some people like torres play for the club though mate - not the money .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 pm

GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

pair of f*cking tw*ts

some people like torres play for the club though mate - not the money .

Yes I do but I seen effect money can have on the best of people.

You telling me if you was playing for liverpool for 1 year and bit on 80k per week some comes along says they will pay you 140k per week you turn that down.

I meen that will set you and your family up for life plus your grandchildren and so on.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 pm

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:That kind of movements is what I though I'd see here when the yanks told me about snoogy doogy

No doubt snoogy doogy will be signing for city at Christmas if they can't get Torres.

Dammit, I want Snoogy Doogy at LFC, but at the same time I don't want us to sell Torres... what to do :angry:  :D
JamCar05

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill