City

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:42 am

Are going to bid 100 million for Torres in the summer their Cheif ex has said he wants him at all costs  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:32 am

You know what though if we could actually spend that money on other players it wouldn't be that bad.Torres seems to be getting injured more and more and if we could spend that money on for example

David Villa 35m
David Silva 25m =60m

so 40m left to spend and I would go and get

WAIT FOR IT....................

XABI ALONSO                              40M?

:nod
roberto green

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:35 am

roberto green wrote:You know what though if we could actually spend that money on other players it wouldn't be that bad.Torres seems to be getting injured more and more and if we could spend that money on for example

David Villa 35m
David Silva 25m =60m

Or 100 million off the debt?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 am

Ciggy wrote:
roberto green wrote:You know what though if we could actually spend that money on other players it wouldn't be that bad.Torres seems to be getting injured more and more and if we could spend that money on for example

David Villa 35m
David Silva 25m =60m

Or 100 million off the debt?

I think if the yanks used it for debt Rafa would walk he has already said he would but if they(the yanks) wanted to claw back any respect they have left with the fans they would give rafa the money to spend.
roberto green

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

At any cost hey? There owners are worth around 750 billion, lets see just how badly they want him..I love Nando but thats crazy money and you would have to consider it surely..
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:57 am

Fu.ck that I take it back it would break my heart
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:07 pm

David Villa 35m
David Silva 25m =60m

No way we would get those players at that price mate.If Torres goes for 100 m then it will inflate the market further.
Other clubs selling players will be saying....well if Torres is worth that much then my player is worth X amount!

City coming in and paying OTT fees for players like Madrid did in the summer also is gonna be the death of football I reckon...If things keep going the way they are it wont be long before most teams cant afford any really good players unless they have mega rich owners like city or are helped by a bank like Madrid!

I hate City now,they are a fuc'kin cancer as far as Im concerned and I hope the whole club crumbles away to feck some day soon as quick as they got rich!

Cant see Torres wanting to go there any way,plastic club with no real history.....just stinking really!I dare say the Yanks will be licking their lips though if a 100m offer comes in,but they cant force a player to leave and Torres strikes me as having more class and grace about as being someone who would let himself be used as a pawn to lighten a debt our club should not be having to deal with in the first place!

FU'CK OFF CITY!!
:veryangry
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:23 pm

No no and no

They cant f.uck the f.uck off, i dont c are how much they offer. A fit Torres > any other forward in the world
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:25 pm

no player is bigger than the club, every player has his price.

With that said, not sure if 100 is enough.
JoeTerp

Postby Dinger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Robinho seems to be on his way out the door, I wonder how long till the papers start a Robinho + (make a number up and stick it here)m for Fernando rumour.

It would also break my heart to see him go, but he seems to genuinely enjoy playing for Liverpool, I think he'd turn down a move to the likes of City if he was offered it.
Dinger

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:08 am

Torres wouldn't go to those scumbags.  Couldn't see him signing for any other English club to be honest.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am

Dinger wrote:Robinho seems to be on his way out the door, I wonder how long till the papers start a Robinho + (make a number up and stick it here)m for Fernando rumour.

It would also break my heart to see him go, but he seems to genuinely enjoy playing for Liverpool, I think he'd turn down a move to the likes of City if he was offered it.

Robinho is the most pathetic kunt I ever seen on a football pitch!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:32 am

Number 9 wrote:
Dinger wrote:Robinho seems to be on his way out the door, I wonder how long till the papers start a Robinho + (make a number up and stick it here)m for Fernando rumour.

Robinho is the most pathetic kunt I ever seen on a football pitch!

I'm certainly not one of his admirers,

Also in the news  Babel and cash for Huntelaar, I'd like to see this happen but I'm sure its not going to.
Last edited by Dinger on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinger

Postby anti-hero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 am

Selling Torres wouldnt be the Liverpool Way.

And selling our Torres would mean more than just us 'receiving 100 million dollars' (more like losing 100 million dollars really) ; it would really underline the ominous feeling that we all have that money is increasingly taking over football. money > football.

i dont know about you but i still believe that good, honest footballers and their teams, are above money and its greedy offspring.

you can call me crazy, but its a romantic idea that i do not want to let go.

and selling torres to moneybags city will prove to me even more that the game is dead. and everything is about the money now.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 am

City can :censored: right off. Firstly Torres is worth at least £150Mil and secondly he isn't for sale.

And even if the impossible happened and we did sell him what makes any of you think we would get all the sale money to spend? Not only that but as Baz said the market would inflate further so it really doesn't make sense to sell him. Not to mention YOU DON'T SELL YOUR BEST PLAYERS!

No word of a lie but if we sold Torres in that fashion, hand on heart I would pack football in altogether.  :no
Last edited by tubby on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill