Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 pm

its the death of football i tell ye :(

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:I wana go for a bevvie with George Clooney it doesnt mean its going to happen though :D

if you got within 3 feet of George Cloony I reckon a bevvie would be the last thing on ya mind  :blush:
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:46 pm

I think that this could be a positive for us.  Now Rafa and our owners know that concentrating on fourth place is too dangerous and we'll see more aggressive football from our team.  At least thats what I hope they're thinking.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:48 pm

metalhead wrote:They want to bid 135m quid for the diving c&nt this january!

Are these guys for real?!

I wonder what kind of soulless :censored: would support a team with that kind of behavior.  This is even worse than Chelsea, these guys are insane.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Trewyn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:21 am

The selling away of football's soul aside, I really hope those anti-DIC camp have their eyes open now. This is what happens when a crazily rich Middle East investment company decides to buy a football club. They love to spend and flaunt their wealth, which means great news for that club. Any player the manager wants, the manager can bid for. No need to sell to buy or buy 2nd class players.

Abu Dhabi is the richest group in middle east with almost $1 trillion :O , even richer than the Saudis but Dubai isn't that far off either. Abramovich is but a cute little dolphin compared to these whales of the financial world.

DIC owning Liverpool will be even better news for Liverpool than Abu Dhabi because unlike them, DIC's Sheikh Maktoum and others are well documented fans of our beloved club. So the chances of a safe stewardship of the club are much better.

Why oh why did wool fall over the eyes of Moores and Parry... why oh why are we still owned by the 2 b@st@rd paupers twit and :censored: :( :(

Torres will never move out but then again the rest of the 1st choice players Rafa are targetting will never move IN because we can't afford them.
Trewyn

Postby red_guy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:50 am

Trewyn wrote:Why oh why did wool fall over the eyes of Moores and Parry... why oh why are we still owned by the 2 b@st@rd paupers twit and :censored: :( :(

Because Moores and Parry was afraid of Arabs...they thought going for the Yank Dicks is much safer...  :no
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

I repeat - Moores and Parry employed professional advisers to find and assess potential buyers.

You can go on and on blaming M&P but until someone shows me written evidence from the due diligence that the advisors were against T&T taking over then the bulk of the balme must fall on the shoulders of the advisors. They valued the club, they brought global candidates, they ultimately must have advised M&P that T&T were the best candidate. It wasnt decided over a few scoops after the game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:I wana go for a bevvie with George Clooney it doesnt mean its going to happen though :D

I know someone that's had a bevvy with him.  Serious.  :)
jonnymac1979

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:31 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:

Randomly, when I lived in Scotland Clooney came drinking in my local pub there when he was over watching the golf open.  I was working that night unfortunately so missed out on the banter.  By all accounts he's a pretty decent guy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 pm

I still believe that Moores and Parry were just using the Hicks and Gillett offer to try to squeeze a little extra cash out of DIC.  Once DIC pulled out , Moores was left with the choice of going with the Hicks and Gillett offer (which I believe Moores already knew was a very risky one) or having to explain to angry shareholders how and why he had blown the deal with DIC.

I honestly believe Moores was shocked at the attitude of DIC who expected the deal to go ahead as agreed, rather than being forced to up their bid.

Unfortunately rather than face up to his mistakes, Moores decided to go with a bid that must have set alarm bells ringing from the outset. (Even Parry is not stupid enough not to have done some sort of background check.) I am sure the extra money and promises helped smooth the way though.
account deleted by request

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 pm

john craig wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:

Randomly, when I lived in Scotland Clooney came drinking in my local pub there when he was over watching the golf open.  I was working that night unfortunately so missed out on the banter.  By all accounts he's a pretty decent guy.

Yer, the bird I know who drank with him said he's an absolute star.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:41 pm

ive had drinks with emf, kirsten imrie, jet from gladiators and lisa snowdon... no all at the same time :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 pm

i've had drinks with ben kingsley, richard e grant, amanda donahoe, robert downey jr and catherine zeta jones. and all at the same time

:nod :buttrock

i'd swap them all for a swift shandy with jet though
Last edited by andy_g on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Talking about havin a bevvie i had one on Sunday with David Coleman :laugh: Had a great chat with him about Shanks and he was telling me what a great friend he was to Emlyn Hughes. Lovely Man
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:24 am

Man city knocked out of the league cup by Brighton - ha ha ha Take your billions and shove em up your a$$!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill