Man city owner - Wants torres !

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Man city will be bankrupt soon... They are a sh1t team. They have virtually no fan base outside of england. The UAE company can pump as much money they can into man city....they might win the league if they are lucky...but eventually they won't be able to substain it and do a blackburn (ie...relegation)

SO you dont think that with :

KAKA
Robinio
<insert any player here because thats what they can afford and get now>

That they wont get any extra fans? are you crazy? there will be japs, chinese, ALL over the world will suddenly become a city fan - glory support is a funny thing when you have the worlds best players.

I've just come back from a trip to Rome, in the shops they were selling loadsa footie shirts Kaka, Totti (obviously) Ronaldo and everyone else - among them was the familiar Liverpool jersey with TORRES on the back, do you think there would have been a liverpool shirt in that lineup if torres didnt play for us?

Expect man city shirts all around the world now, not just when Oasis tour

:nod yep chavski had like a fan base of what 100k before they was bought now they close to 4 million go figure.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 pm

faldo wrote:i heard the mancity guys are worth 600 billion....unbelievable.

I actually read on goal.com that they are worth 1 TRILLION.
skatesy

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Money will never buy them the history and tradition that our great club has. That is what really attracts the very best, and that is why Fernando is here.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Money will never buy them the history and tradition that our great club has. That is what really attracts the very best, and that is why Fernando is here.

not all players are like torres hence witnessed by robinho .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm

However, I do wish our owners were like this:

"We're not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them."
skatesy

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm

LegBarnes wrote:As one of the most senior members of Abu Dhabi’s ruling family, Sheikh Mansour is synonymous with the $1 trillion wealth at the oil-rich emirate’s disposal, and has a personal fortune estimated to run into billions of pounds.

Abu Dhabi United Group, who considered investing in Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal, agreed a deal to buy 90 per cent of City in what is a private transaction rather than a sovereign wealth investment.

WHY couldn't they have chosen LFC to invest in for f*cks sake?
What I wouldn't give to have owners that say We might have 100 million to spend in January, we might need more!! FKN HELL
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Moved this to the rumour mill with the rest of the transfer talk.  Not surprised to hear this--the new owners are trying to flex their muscle AND unsettle rivals.  Expect a bid for Gerrard and Masch as well come January.  I don't think our lads will move on and, personally, I refuse to think about anymore transfers in or out for at least 3 more months.  Haven't you people had enough of this stuff? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Moved this to the rumour mill with the rest of the transfer talk.  Not surprised to hear this--the new owners are trying to flex their muscle AND unsettle rivals.  Expect a bid for Gerrard and Masch as well come January.  I don't think our lads will move on and, personally, I refuse to think about anymore transfers in or out for at least 3 more months.  Haven't you people had enough of this stuff? :D

Tbh its not rumour bob its fact dunno why you moved it here this is very important.  ???
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:13 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Moved this to the rumour mill with the rest of the transfer talk.  Not surprised to hear this--the new owners are trying to flex their muscle AND unsettle rivals.  Expect a bid for Gerrard and Masch as well come January.  I don't think our lads will move on and, personally, I refuse to think about anymore transfers in or out for at least 3 more months.  Haven't you people had enough of this stuff? :D

Tbh its not rumour bob its fact dunno why you moved it here this is very important.  ???

Its fact when they put an offer on the table,thats the time to worry.
The FACT is that we have one of,arguably the best striker in world football and teams with money will be sniffing around him at every transfer window.But in general if a player wants to remain at a club,he usually does!
Chelsea were licking round Torres he said he was happy here at LFC..case closed for the transfer window past and time being!
Come January it will be someone else,yeah maybe City,maybe another one or two as well!

Thats what happens when you have players like Torres at your club,get over it!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:18 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

:D  Every time I move a thread to the rumour mill I get people with knickers in a twist...it's not liked I binned it--the thread's still accessible.  For the record,  "The Rumour Mill" has become a euphemism for transfer talk, which is what this is--that's why it's been moved.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Abramovich bought Chelsea when they were a top 4/5 team. Man City arent and wont be for the next few seasons, Hughes is no Mourhinio so the only comparison between the two is the ridiculous amounts of money they both have. As for Torres going to City IMO it will never happen for the simple reason that Torres, unlike Robinhio is not a mercenary who has gone partly because he wanted out of Madrid and partly because of the silly wages they will pay him, and that goes for every other player that suddenly decides to move to the Middle Eastlands. Obviously you can never say never in football but from what we already know about Torres we know he is not just in it for the money. Ronaldo is another one, claiming Madrid is his dream move, if he ends up at City than again it shows he is just after the money. David Villa turned down a mega bucks move to them according to the papers, proving that he is not just in it for the money, and I am sure that Torres would do the same.
destro

Postby zarababe » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Torres and Masch and the others will stay so long as Rafa stays !

Robhinio's on £160,000 pw - no stamp duty worries for him ay - scary levels of money

Their 10x richer than Abramovic :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm

I wana go for a bevvie with George Clooney it doesnt mean its going to happen though :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 pm

They want to bid 135m quid for the diving c&nt this january!

Are these guys for real?!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:21 pm

Its simple how they work, they ask the manager what he wants and they go get the player.

Its that simple
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill