Rafa to bid for heskey next week

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:51 pm

well considering we was ment to be bidding for Heskey todasy i haven't herd anything
roberto green

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:18 am

roberto green wrote:well considering we was ment to be bidding for Heskey todasy i haven't herd anything

Good !  :D

No news is good news  :p

A bit unfair on Heskey from most Reds on here. He will always be the type of player that doesn't get the plaudits he deserves.

Personally I wouldn't want him back especially as Owen is about to come to the market. However Benitez has already ruled out a move for Owen and thats a pity and Heskey is no consolation ! :glare:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:24 am

Bring back Danny Murphy while were at it.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:33 am

I dont think we need Heskey , he will not improver our team .
centarec

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:14 am

Should have just kept crouch if that was the case , at least he scores
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:49 am

Toffeehater wrote:Should have just kept crouch if that was the case , at least he scores

He wants out, we can't keep him.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Everyone who has left Liverpool - either through their own will or been pushed - in recent years have not done anything to make us feel 'oh noooo'

Owen engineered his own move to Real and ended up with splinters from warming the bench and then took a down-turn to the barcodes... the rest is history ay

Crouch wanted to leave for more 1st team footie - and ends up with psyco Adams dictating the roost ! He's choice and gd for him

Heskey was moved on by Rafa.. and ain't done much to light the world but was useful then and could be again.
Last edited by zarababe on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I'd rather play Sami upfront if we're that desperate for a target man.

Or a scarecrow - at least it won't spend 85 minutes of the match sat down...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:42 pm

zarababe wrote:Everyone who has left Liverpool - either through their own will or been pushed - in recent years have not done anything to make us feel 'oh noooo'

Owen engineered his own move to Real and ended up with splinters from warming the bench and then took a down-turn to the barcodes... the rest is history ay

Crouch wanted to leave for more 1st team footie - and ends up with psyco Adams dictating the roost ! He's choice and gd for him

Heskey was moved on by Rafa.. and ain't done much to light the world but was useful then and could be again.

No mate Heskey was already sold before Rafa took over :)
roberto green

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Even better then :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Don't support the signing of Heskey at all.  A good target man he is, but he won't score goals and I'm not sure he is suited to playing for a big club, the pressure took it's toll the last time he was here.  Brilliant first season but when there were expectations on him for the next season he wasn't half the player.  His confidence never recovered.

He won't have the pace he had last time around, his finishing certainly hasn't improved and he has had a few long term injuries since then.  I don't think his all round game has improved. 

You don't need a target man to win trophies - United proved that last season.  We should be looking for better quality imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:44 am

john craig wrote:You don't need a target man to win trophies - United proved that last season.  We should be looking for better quality imo.

Somehow john i agree with you. Better quality player then. But do we have the money for that?..just asking.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:16 am

red_guy wrote:
john craig wrote:You don't need a target man to win trophies - United proved that last season.  We should be looking for better quality imo.

Somehow john i agree with you. Better quality player then. But do we have the money for that?..just asking.

That brings us back to Owen........

At 4m we can't expect much though. It's a fee that gets you a Viduka or Samaras. Not usually Heskey so from that point of veiw a bargin.

I'd be all for Heskey if it meant we off loaded Kuyt to Jols though. I don't mind Kuyt but 16m is way more than he's worth to us IMO. We could pick up Elano on the cheap as well and IMO we'd be a better team but with 10m in the bank.
DanAn

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 am

I think the problem is we have no money.

I actually think Heskey could do a job for us. He works hard, defenders don't like playing against him and he will create chances and spaces for his team mates.

Also if you consider how differently we are set up now compared to the last time Emile was here, I think his strengths could make hm an important part of the team
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think the problem is we have no money.

I actually think Heskey could do a job for us. He works hard, defenders don't like playing against him and he will create chances and spaces for his team mates.

Also if you consider how differently we are set up now compared to the last time Emile was here, I think his strengths could make hm an important part of the team

Spot on...

Heskey is not a prolific striker and never has been but...he would create space and chances for our other strikers.

Rather than spend £4m lets giver them Pennant in a straight swap. That is good business IMO.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill