Heskey anyone?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:01 pm

BIT OF A LAUGH THIS

Liverpool are considering making a cut-price £1.5m bid for Aston Villa's Emile Heskey in January. The striker revealed at the weekend he was considering leaving the Midlands club to get first-team football, thereby boosting his chances of landing a place in England's squad for the 2010 World Cup finals.

BBC gossip today.

What a laugh, are they really so short of worthwhile stories and links? That said didn't some on here talk up the return of the king donkey...................? Just to further complicate the formation situation and decrease our goalscoring options
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:05 pm

and he would get first team football at liverpool how exactly?

load of nonsense.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Not Heskey related at all but I saw a quote from Miroslav Klose saying he would be interested in joining either Inter or Liverpool if and when he chooses to leave Bayern. I know he is 31 but he could be useful.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:Not Heskey related at all but I saw a quote from Miroslav Klose saying he would be interested in joining either Inter or Liverpool if and when he chooses to leave Bayern. I know he is 31 but he could be useful.

would have really liked him to come 2 years ago... but now he's getting old and the only way is down... especially for a striker... still a very good goalscorer and one of the best in the air...

as for Heskey... PLS NO!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 pm

...if only there was a thread specifically for stupid pointless rumours like this  :idea
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Not Heskey related at all but I saw a quote from Miroslav Klose saying he would be interested in joining either Inter or Liverpool if and when he chooses to leave Bayern. I know he is 31 but he could be useful.

would be another Morientes in my opinion. He was good, but is on the downward turn now and would struggle with the pace of the Premier league.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:42 pm

would be another Morientes in my opinion. He was good, but is on the downward turn now and would struggle with the pace of the Premier league.

As for Heskey   :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:44 pm

I'd say Heskey as back up to Torres would be a very good choice, but there's no way he can be a first choice here unless we are looking to change our formation to 4-4-2, which ain't going to happen. So it's a :censored: from BBC for sure. In any case Heskey is under illusion if he thinks he can be a first choice at a more than decent club.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm

moved to rumour thread
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:51 pm

nope

Owzats put it exactly how it is - donkey
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 am

the rumour has surfaced again this morning in the guardian's rumour mill section. i hope to god there is nothing substantial behind it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Take him and Parker in January.

Might sound daft but given our current financial state and the fact these 2 players are proven/decent ELP players then they would improve our sqaud in it's current state.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Rumoured that we are competing with Villa for the £12m signing of Kenwyne Jones.

Perhaps Villa are preparing for life without Heskey. The jury is still out on Jones and I think it would be too big a gamble @ £12m. Oh, and the fact we probably don't have £12m to spend might also be an issue...

I honestly think a fit Heskey is a decent short-term fix for us. The job he does for England with Rooney playing off him would suit Gerrard if/when Torres is not playing.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby boodiddy1 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:21 am

No NO No. what do people wnat for our club? Fackin scott parker and emile heskey!!!  Lets get kieron dyer too. Maybe titus bramble.

Get a grip and do one. If thats what its coming to then id rather us start again. Put is administration and out of our fackin misery. Lets start again like shanks did in the championship and come right up and bring nineteen back the year after.

Thats because we'll be cheap as fack for the arabs to buy. Then build us new stadium ready for our return. Something like the pheonix from the flames. Millions to spend. Bringing torres back from his year away at barca (sold due to admin). :D :p
boodiddy1

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:18 am

boodiddy1 wrote:No NO No. what do people wnat for our club? Fackin scott parker and emile heskey!!!  Lets get kieron dyer too. Maybe titus bramble.

Get a grip and do one. If thats what its coming to then id rather us start again. Put is administration and out of our fackin misery. Lets start again like shanks did in the championship and come right up and bring nineteen back the year after.

Thats because we'll be cheap as fack for the arabs to buy. Then build us new stadium ready for our return. Something like the pheonix from the flames. Millions to spend. Bringing torres back from his year away at barca (sold due to admin). :D :p

Stay off the drugs mate
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill