Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby phil_cool » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I never said any different from that . Outside the ground and in the alehouse or where ever is totally different when your inside . It's like i said the other day .90% of people on this forum (apart from a few who don't know any better) would be exactly the same inside the ground and suppport the team and manager .It's the Liverpool way .

What's not the Liverpool way imo is not to let the media and fans on forums or phone- ins influence wether the manager stay's or goes .

But if its the Liverpool Way to support the team and the manager inside the ground, how will they be able to voice their displeasure if the manager is failing to perform. In the old days they would stay away and miss a match or two, today that wouldn't be noticed because the trippers would snatch up any spare seats and the rest are season ticket holders anyway.

Its total b.*ll*c*ks to say the media and forum fans will decide, its results that decide whether a manager stays or goes, not someone beating their chest on a BBC website. Its like with the owners, what affect has people moaning on forums had on them?

As for Rafa I am sick and tired of his antics every season, the bloke has cried wolf once to often as far as I am concerned.
phil_cool

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 pm

If Rafa goes to Juve, then I will take a more active interest in Juve.

Ii wonder if they´ll call him the fat spanish waiter there?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 pm

phil_cool wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I never said any different from that . Outside the ground and in the alehouse or where ever is totally different when your inside . It's like i said the other day .90% of people on this forum (apart from a few who don't know any better) would be exactly the same inside the ground and suppport the team and manager .It's the Liverpool way .

What's not the Liverpool way imo is not to let the media and fans on forums or phone- ins influence wether the manager stay's or goes .

But if its the Liverpool Way to support the team and the manager inside the ground, how will they be able to voice their displeasure if the manager is failing to perform. In the old days they would stay away and miss a match or two, today that wouldn't be noticed because the trippers would snatch up any spare seats and the rest are season ticket holders anyway.

Its total b.*ll*c*ks to say the media and forum fans will decide, its results that decide whether a manager stays or goes, not someone beating their chest on a BBC website. Its like with the owners, what affect has people moaning on forums had on them?

As for Rafa I am sick and tired of his antics every season, the bloke has cried wolf once to often as far as I am concerned.

You not notice the empty seats at the home games lately . The spurs game was on general sale on the day of the game , it wasn't sold out . You'll find the day trippers have started already not to come and there will be more empty seats . Apart from the big games like the derby and the likes. It's already happening mate.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
phil_cool wrote:

You not notice the empty seats at the home games lately . The spurs game was on general sale on the day of the game , it wasn't sold out . You'll find the day trippers have started already not to come and there will be more empty seats . Apart from the big games like the derby and the likes. It's already happening mate.

dude can you stop blaming the fans for Rafas inability to manage
You have blamed everyone except the manager... its time to wake up, stop moaning about everything else and just see that Rafa has got to go...

I'm sure there are some 'real supporters' who feel the same way.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Your getting mixed up Bam with Fan and supporter mate. It's the fans who are hounding him out not the supporters . The supporters are still in the majority in the ground (it's getting less and less i admit) . But it's the proffesional phone in merchants and the internet users that are feeding the media who in turn are feeding it right back again to the fans .

Look we have all questioned the manager and the questions are increasing by the week , but the difference is .When you get inside the ground as you well know ,as soon as we kick off we support . Now once the moans and groans inside the ground start getting louder and the seats start to become empty and people stop singing rafa's name then that's the time to get rid . It's the supporters (the paying public) the hardcore if you like ,that  will let Rafa know when he needs to go .NOT THE MEDIA and not the fans who on phone ins or internet forums.

Wasn't being smug in the slightest last week by the way , i was very proud of our support .That's all .

Igor mate i actually dont agree with you at all on this.

The fans at the game should be still getting behind the team and backing the manager because at this moment in time we are stuck with him.
That doesnt mean alot of them dont think a change would be for the best, just that once at the ground they are supporting as thats for the best.

My mates go all over the place and think its time for a change but dont voice it at matches.

I never said any different from that . Outside the ground and in the alehouse or where ever is totally different when your inside . It's like i said the other day .90% of people on this forum (apart from a few who don't know any better) would be exactly the same inside the ground and suppport the team and manager .It's the Liverpool way .

But what happens if you think the media might have a point ?

I dont like to see harassment of anyone but for me he is lucky to be in a job and what has gone on this season isnt good enough.
We can go on about the owners being the root of all of the problems but i think while they are the major factor in whats goin on, we are still massively underachieving. And have been a disgrace this season.
Rafa's insistance on playing a system thats not working and two defence midfielders that dont offer anything going forwards and concede posession too much has destroyed us.
We should still be there or there abouts and we are not.
We are more than 10 points behind the league leaders that have lost double the amount of games they usually would have by this stage.
The FA cup should have been the final straw.
United were out we had an lowly championship club in a replay at home with the bonus of burnley next round at home.
The way we played that day was sickening and convinced me while we might get the odd big performance from the players, in the majority of games we will continue to majorly underperform.

I like Rafa and i dont want to slag him, he has done his best and put everything into the job, but we are in major freefall.

If Juve save us a massive compensation package its the best for all parties i think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dinger » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Rafa proud of Juve link

But still saying that he wants to stay

"I will say I want to fight here, I want to do my job, I want to win and I want to do things here."

I know a lot of you want Rafa gone for whatever reason but I'm still behind him, I have faith that he can turn it around for us.
Dinger

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:45 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
phil_cool wrote:

dude can you stop blaming the fans for Rafas inability to manage
You have blamed everyone except the manager... its time to wake up, stop moaning about everything else and just see that Rafa has got to go...

I'm sure there are some 'real supporters' who feel the same way.

Who is saying rafa has to go ? you tell me , who's saying it Daws.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm saying it.
I know most are saying we are going backwards with him in crage
He is not playing the right formations, the team aint working, and its his job to make things work.

he has to go!

yet you will blame all except Rafa. He's taken us as far as he can mate. Lets move on, try to regain something
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:I'm saying it.
He is not playing the right formations, the team aint working, and its his job to make things work.

he has to go!

yet you will blame all except Rafa. He's taken us as far as he can mate. Lets move on, try to regain something

Just like you think he has to go . I'm convinced he should stay , i will not accept that the man who has brought me some of the best nights of my life has turned into a bad manager in 6 months .. I'm not having it mate , it just doesn't happen like that . There is a sh!t load going on behind the scenes that is contributing to the mess we are in ,yes including rafa . I don't think it's fair that he should fall on his sword and take all the blame , Look if he Died tomorrow (god forbid ) we'd have no choice but to get a new man in . I honstly can't see what top manager ,who's good enough for liverpool is going to come to this club . Why would anyone in there right mind want to come to this mess. They'll have no money to spend , they'll have a team on it's @rse ( cos if you read all the player threads mate there all :censored: anyway ) . So it will have to wait until the summer imo and then reaccess.Unless Rafa does walk now and well i don't know i honestly don't know who will be our next manager . If i'm being honest ,i reckon Kenny would do it until the end of the season and then maybe we are looking at someone like Roy Hodgson.

On i side note i dearly hope Reg is right and we are going through some sort of due dilligance .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Dinger wrote:Rafa proud of Juve link

But still saying that he wants to stay

"I will say I want to fight here, I want to do my job, I want to win and I want to do things here."

I know a lot of you want Rafa gone for whatever reason but I'm still behind him, I have faith that he can turn it around for us.

Well said Rafa.  :) Juve can :censored: right off the match fixing :censored:. They should still be playing in Serie B.

As for the rest of you lot that want him out maybe you need to take a step back and read the words of YNWA and then think about how silly you all look. We have one of the best managers in world football and people want him out. If there was no problem with the ownership and the money he has been given then id say fair enough. And before you get your knickers in a twist yes I know how much has been spent over the years but when looking at how the market has changed and the level of overhaul we needed it's not enough, we need more and we are not getting that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:03 pm

btw Rafa isn't blameless. He is only human and he has made mistakes, but those mistakes do no warrant such stupid comments like he has to go.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:12 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/juve-agree-terms-with-rafa-to-take-over-1884427.html

Juve 'agree terms with Rafa to take over'

Turin club's lawyers due in England today for talks to have Liverpool manager in charge for next season

By James Hanning and Marc Padgett

Sunday, 31 January 2010

Juventus have agreed terms with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez for him to manage the Serie A club next season, according to authoritative reports from Italy last night.

La Repubblica newspaper reported that the club's lawyers will arrive in England today for talks tomorrow about the release of the manager this summer. Benitez's current contract at Anfield runs until 2014.

Juventus president Jean-Claude Blanc is reported to have "already fixed everything with Benitez and has in his drawer a detailed agreement of his terms and length of contract". Juve are keen to reach an agreement and begin making plans for next season.

The Turin club are also keen to minimise any payment they will have to make to Liverpool, and will be aware of the Premier League club's poor form and rumours that the Spaniard's deal makes him "too expensive to sack".

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport last night confirmed the arrival of Juve's representatives but insisted that it remains uncertain whether Benitez actually wants to leave Anfield.

Juve dismissed Ciro Ferrara as coach and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni on Friday as caretaker manager until the end of the season.

Benitez has come under fire for a spluttering season and doubts over his future intensified with Ferrara's sacking. Benitez signed a new deal in March 2009, intended to keep him at the Merseyside club until 2014, but an early exit in the Champions' League and FA Cup, along with poor Premier League form, has not helped to quash reports of a premature departure.

On Friday, 50-year-old Benitez rejected talk of an imminent move to Juve, saying he was "proud" to be linked with the Old Lady as they are a "top side in Europe" but adding: "I'm happy here and want to do a job as best I can."

Benitez, whose team defeated Bolton 2-0 at Anfield yesterday, said: "I am not here to talk about speculation because people talk too much. I know they [Juventus] were interested, that is part of the game now in football, but I am not ready to talk too much because I don't want to lose my focus."

Former Milan manager Zaccheroni was revealed as Ferrara's replacement until the end of the Serie A campaign, on the back of Juve losing nine of their last 12 games in all competitions.

Their 2-1 defeat by Roma last weekend was their fifth loss in six league games and left them 16 points adrift of leaders Inter. A 2-1 loss to Inter in the Italian Cup on Thursday proved to be Ferrara's last game in charge.
Rockthekop

Postby Snake » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport last night confirmed the arrival of Juve's representatives but insisted that it remains uncertain whether Benitez actually wants to leave Anfield

Thank god for that line.
Personally I don't want Benitez to leave because I'm afraid some of our players will leave with him. I don't want Torres wearing something other than a red shirt :(
Last edited by Snake on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Postby redmikey » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I'm saying it.

he has to go!

Just like you think he has to go . I'm convinced he should stay , i will not accept that the man who has brought me some of the best nights of my life has turned into a bad manager in 6 months .. I'm not having it mate , it just doesn't happen like that . There is a sh!t load going on behind the scenes that is contributing to the mess we are in ,yes including rafa . I don't think it's fair that he should fall on his sword and take all the blame , Look if he Died tomorrow (god forbid ) we'd have no choice but to get a new man in . I honstly can't see what top manager ,who's good enough for liverpool is going to come to this club . Why would anyone in there right mind want to come to this mess. They'll have no money to spend , they'll have a team on it's @rse ( cos if you read all the player threads mate there all :censored: anyway ) . So it will have to wait until the summer imo and then reaccess.Unless Rafa does walk now and well i don't know i honestly don't know who will be our next manager . If i'm being honest ,i reckon Kenny would do it until the end of the season and then maybe we are looking at someone like Roy Hodgson.

On i side note i dearly hope Reg is right and we are going through some sort of due dilligance .

igor

100% echo your shout there mate. i get sick of hear lfc fans saying lets get hiddink mouron etc etc

why the feck would they come........... rafa has dropped the ball at times but for me he really does care about the club and he has the talent and drive to win everything given the backing........... without winning the league last term that was the best lfc team i have seen since king kenny was boss. gutted still we didn't turn a few of the draws into wins when we should of...........
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Regardless of Rafa's views, maybe a new owner/investor wants him out?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill