Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Rafael Benitez has today rubbished further press speculation linking him with a move to Serie A side Juventus.

"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus and have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club," said the Liverpool manager.

"I have a long term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."

Off the OFFAL
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Rafael Benitez has today rubbished further press speculation linking him with a move to Serie A side Juventus.

"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus and have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club," said the Liverpool manager.

"I have a long term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."

Off the OFFAL

Firmly put to bed
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm

So what if he goes, it's not the Rafa show.

Liverpool have survived through thick and thin, i dont think we will fail to exsist if
he goes.

Sod the money these are the same players minus 1 or 2 that finished runners up last season, would it kill the man if he even gave the hint that his pulse had raised a smidge when we scored?
Inside of doing the imaginary box push with his hands.

Owners and money thats all we hear what about the "Man" Mr Benitez after all he's
the one that the players are supposed to relate too, he's the one with the boring stifle a team to death tactics.

Yes i'm sure we will batter a team and look like Barca sooner rather than later, but we
will also play like a bunch of s'hit several games after that.

If he goes he goes.
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:59 pm

No its not the Rafa show ,but its certainly not the owners either ,or Christian Season Ticket Holder Purslow's ,and after all that's who you would be trusting with procuring a new Manager ,could you really put a decision of that magnitude in the hands of the dolts that currently preside over our Club   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm

:laugh:  bloody Parry  :angry: signed Rafa :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm

s@int wrote: :laugh:  bloody Parry  :angry: signed Rafa :laugh:

:laugh:  :D  : :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Then after that brilliant astute piece of  business ,he went out and bought himself a clown mobile to go with his red nose and f*ck off clown shoes  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:12 pm

By Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail

Juve's grass isn't greener, Rafa

A text message came through last week from Clive, a friend who is a Liverpool fan. It read:

‘Sitting in the bar at the Sheraton in Abuja watching Chelsea and have done an informal survey of the hookers that have approached me asking if Chelsea are the team I support. “No, but guess which team I do support?” I reply.

‘Portsmouth comes up a lot, plus the usual suspects, but none have said Liverpool. Honestly, if we can’t get through to the hookers of Nigeria, what hope do we have of remaining a big club?’
That is one way of looking at it. Alternatively, it could be argued that dwindling appeal among the sex workers of west Africa is perhaps no good reason for Rafael Benitez to jump ship and make the biggest mistake of his managerial career by joining Juventus. Is the future really so bleak for Liverpool that this is the way out?

Before considering his summer options, Benitez might care to ask why, despite having the best team in Serie A, Jose Mourinho is said to be counting the days until he can quit Internazionale of Milan and return to the Premier League.
If Inter do not appeal, what chance the rest? Juventus have nowhere near the kudos of old any more. Indeed, Benitez (right) would be revisiting many of the problems that dog him at Anfield. He is flattered by the interest because he needs a bargaining chip in his present circumstances and the Juventus name still resonates, but what does it represent? It is a soulless place these days. The team are not strong and currently lie outside the top four. They did not qualify from the Champions League group stage and were humiliated by Bayern Munich in a crucial deciding match, losing 4-1 at home.
The captain and club talisman, Alessandro Del Piero, will be 36 in November and his employers no longer compete for the best players outside Italy. Juventus have not won a domestic title since 2003 or a European competition since 1996 and while Forbes rate them as the ninth richest club in the world, in recent years they have lost their biggest stars to more powerful rivals.
Liverpool have similar issues: a grand name, but reduced status. No guarantee of Champions League football next season and a disappointingly short campaign this year; a weak squad, over-reliant on brilliant individuals; less financial clout than their competitors.
Yet Liverpool have a saving grace. Every week, Anfield is filled with people who care and who, when they join together, make a noise like no other in Europe. It is this energy that Mourinho yearns for when he wistfully recalls the English game; it is this fervour that Benitez would miss if he left these shores. The passion of English football is why Arsene Wenger has stayed so long, why Sir Alex Ferguson continues to postpone retirement, why Roberto Mancini and Carlo Ancelotti were infatuated, instantly.
There is nothing to compare with it in Turin. Juventus draw an average home crowd smaller than Bolton Wanderers and marginally bigger than Burnley, surviving on the back of armchair fans who buy television subscriptions, but never go to games.
Things got so bad at their old stadium that 237 attended a cup-tie with Sampdoria. This is not a misprint. A new home will be built in time for the 2011-12 campaign but a temporary move back to the popular Stadio Olimpico has hardly proved inspirational.
Juventus’s average league gate this season is 21,481, its biggest crowd 25,779. The new ground will have a capacity of 41,000. West Ham United are thinking bigger.
Benitez may have no money, cowboys at the reins and team in desperate need of repair, he may be completely unknown to the streetwalkers of Abuja, but when he passes the sign that reads ‘This Is Anfield’, he knows what it stands for and he should not take the emotions it stirs for granted.

He will not find that feeling just anywhere. Not at Juventus, that is for sure.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....Vemm8dE

C'mon own up, who's been trying to pick up a pro
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 pm

I read somewhere Milan Jovanovic would only agree terms with us if Rafa was still the manager come next summer. Hint? Rafa isn't going anywhere. :cool:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 pm

RM as well enquiring about Rafa but we wouldn't get a mass exodus

Liverpool star Albert Riera vows Spanish pals Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina won't follow Rafa Benitez out of Anfield

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 3:29 PM on 03rd February 2010
Comments (2) Add to My Stories  Mersey paradise: Riera loves life at Liverpool
Albert Riera insists Liverpool's Spanish stars will not jump ship if Rafa Benitez walks out of Anfield.
Spaniard Benitez has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus following a disappointing season.
With the Reds 14 points off the pace in the Premier League, the Europa League offers the only real chance of success.
But Riera is adamant his countrymen are determined to put things right.
He said: 'It isn't in the character of any of us to turn our backs and run somewhere else when times are tough. All of us would like to look back on our Liverpool career and say it was a success.
'I think exactly like them. It is clear how happy Pepe (Reina) and Fernando (Torres) are at the club and I have no doubt they will both be here for a very long time no matter what happens.

'They have both said to me that they want to make history with Liverpool and I share that ambition. I understand I haven't enjoyed quite as big an impact on the club as them (Torres and Reina) so far but I intend to.'
Rumours: There has been talk of Benitez leaving for Italy but, according to Riera, Torres (left) is in it for the long haul at Anfield
Winger Riera recently returned from injury and has helped his side to a six-game unbeaten run in the Premier League.
And as speculation continues over Benitez's future, 27-year-old Rieira reckons leaving Merseyside for Serie A would be a mistake.
   He added in LFC Weekly: 'For me, if the club offered a five, six or seven-year contract right now, I'd sign it with my eyes closed.

'Where else is there to go? Being anywhere else would be a step down. I have everything I need in Liverpool.'
Meanwhile, reports in Spain suggest Real Madrid have been keeping in touch with Benitez to discuss his possible future availability.

Read more: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248197/Liverpool-star-Albert-Riera-vows-Spanish-pals-Fernando-Torres-Pepe-Reina-wont-follow-Rafa-
Benitez-Anfield.html#ixzz0eVuWunXk]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....VuWunXk[/url]
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am

il say it once more rafa is to defense minded for our great club?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 am

bavlondon wrote:I read somewhere Milan Jovanovic would only agree terms with us if Rafa was still the manager come next summer. Hint? Rafa isn't going anywhere. :cool:

I read somewhere that Milan Jovanovic wanted to join Liverpool. Hint Rafa may be going anywhere   :D
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill