Rafa linked with juve

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 am

fivecups wrote:Let's wait a bit before we wave Rafa off to Italy. Juventus haven't even sacked their current manager yet.

They have.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:48 am

Igor Zidane wrote:THe mans been hounded out by the tw@tty media and the biggest tw@ts of the lot OUR VERY OWN FANS :veryangry  :no

Igor, I love your passion for the club, but this sentance is wrong. If anything the fans have kept him here, not hounded him out.

And the media, we live in an age where you have to realise that if any one of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, or Arsenal were 11 points from 3rd place and struggling to finish 4, being out of all three cup competitions they started the season in... they will be a lot of speculation. Hell, loads of it followed Chelsea with their managerial change when they were THIRD at the start of last season.

I certainly wouldn't say the media have "hounded" him out. Poor results have done that. Yes those porr result may be the result of a snow ball effect that started with the owners, but if we were 2nd, the media wouldn't be hounding him.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 am

Redman in wales wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:THe mans been hounded out by the tw@tty media and the biggest tw@ts of the lot OUR VERY OWN FANS :veryangry  :no

Igor, I love your passion for the club, but this sentance is wrong. If anything the fans have kept him here, not hounded him out.

And the media, we live in an age where you have to realise that if any one of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, or Arsenal were 11 points from 3rd place and struggling to finish 4, being out of all three cup competitions they started the season in... they will be a lot of speculation. Hell, loads of it followed Chelsea with their managerial change when they were THIRD at the start of last season.

I certainly wouldn't say the media have "hounded" him out. Poor results have done that. Yes those porr result may be the result of a snow ball effect that started with the owners, but if we were 2nd, the media wouldn't be hounding him.

A level headed perspective.

I had a gripe with Igor's post about "our own fans" hounding him out.

It was only last week that one of two posters, Nanny or Igor I think it was, proclaimed in a smug kind of way 'the fans whom wanted a change' were still the minority. Now its reversed because the situation all of a sudden has changed and emotions are running high.

Redman in Wales made an excellent point, had the fans, the match going fans, you know the 'real' fans. Not shown the abundance of support they had been, Rafa would of left a while ago I reckon. Rafa mentioned the other day that if he stayed it was because of the fans.

Sure there have been many fans the "TV brigade" myself included who have given the opinions as to why Rafa should go. Some people have attacked Rafa personally, nothing I condone. And likewise you get the emotional idiots on the phone-ins having a moan to.

But to say Rafa has been hounded out by the fans is wide of the mark.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:49 am

Some really good points from CHL that i agree wholeheartedly with.

Like Luke said as well, if he does go he deserves a great send off, he has given us some great times and brought our reputation back.
I will always respect him for that.

But if he stays he is in danger of undoing everything - well not everything but you know what i mean, the further we slip backwards the worse he iwill be remembered.

I have said this loads but alot of people opinions of Houllier are based on the last 18 months of his tenure when things went horribly wrong.
Forgetting his treble and the win in the cup final against the mancs.
Its sad that that happens but it does in football.
If Rafa goes to Juve i have no doubt he will do a good job and i hope he does.
If he doesnt and he stays here i have grave reservations that he can turn it round, thats why we need a change imo.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Can't be arsed to re type so got this of RAWK:

Just been on SSN then that Juventus are confident in agreeing a deal with Rafa for him to take over Juve in the summer, and Aquilani to be the first player to join them under his reign"
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Rafael Benítez ‘is not leaving Liverpool for Juventus’
Tony Evans, Tom Dart

Liverpool officials issued a series of denials last night that Rafael Benítez is on the verge of leaving Anfield and signing a deal to coach Juventus next season.

It has been widely reported in Italy that the Liverpool manager had agreed a deal with the Turin club after a poor run of results had put the position of Ciro Ferrara, the Serie A side’s coach, in jeopardy. Ferrara is expected to part company with the club today after Inter Milan knocked them out of the Italian Cup at the San Siro last night. That setback followed a run of five defeats in six league matches.

The Times broke the story of Juventus’s interest in Benítez on Tuesday, but Liverpool denied that the Spaniard was about to leave the club. Benítez signed a five-year contract at Anfield ten months ago and it is unlikely that the manager would leave of his own volition at this stage of the season. Benítez’s relationship with Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr has been fractious at times but it would cost the American owners about £12 million to push the manager out of Anfield.

Benítez has turned down a number of tempting offers to leave Liverpool — from Premier League clubs as well as abroad — but has remained committed to Anfield. However, Liverpool’s poor run of form and lack of financial support from the owners, who are desperate for new investment, have worn down the manager.

Meanwhile, the club face a desperate struggle in their bid to claim a Champions League berth for next season given their long injury list.

Senior figures at Anfield insisted last night that the club had no intention of dismissing Benítez, nor were they aware of indications that the manager was about to resign. However, the constant uncertainty about the club’s future — whether with the ownership situation or the manager’s position — has produced a destabilising mood at Anfield that has worn Benítez down. The performances on the pitch have seen a large margin of Liverpool’s support turn against the manager, while the hardcore support who are aware of the backroom turmoil have rallied around the Spaniard.

Claudio Gentile was the favourite to replace Ferrara but on an interim basis and with coaching positions likely to be free in Milan and Madrid come the summer, few would bet big money that Liverpool will start next season with the same manager.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....361.ece
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 pm

To be honest whatever Rafa decides to do I agree with him.  If he decides to stay, then fair play, if he decides to go I wouldn't blame him.  I couldn't work under them two lying nobheads, and I'm sure we'll get a Yes man no-mark in next to continue our decline.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 pm

The Times January 29, 2010

Rafael Benítez ‘is not leaving Liverpool for Juventus’Tony Evans, Tom Dart

Benitez is Juventus's favourite to replace Ciro Ferrara, who is likely to lose his job after a poor run of results
Liverpool officials issued a series of denials last night that Rafael Benítez is on the verge of leaving Anfield and signing a deal to coach Juventus next season.

It has been widely reported in Italy that the Liverpool manager had agreed a deal with the Turin club after a poor run of results had put the position of Ciro Ferrara, the Serie A side’s coach, in jeopardy. Ferrara is expected to part company with the club today after Inter Milan knocked them out of the Italian Cup at the San Siro last night. That setback followed a run of five defeats in six league matches.

The Times broke the story of Juventus’s interest in Benítez on Tuesday, but Liverpool denied that the Spaniard was about to leave the club. Benítez signed a five-year contract at Anfield ten months ago and it is unlikely that the manager would leave of his own volition at this stage of the season. Benítez’s relationship with Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr has been fractious at times but it would cost the American owners about £12 million to push the manager out of Anfield.

Benítez has turned down a number of tempting offers to leave Liverpool — from Premier League clubs as well as abroad — but has remained committed to Anfield. However, Liverpool’s poor run of form and lack of financial support from the owners, who are desperate for new investment, have worn down the manager.

Meanwhile, the club face a desperate struggle in their bid to claim a Champions League berth for next season given their long injury list.

Senior figures at Anfield insisted last night that the club had no intention of dismissing Benítez, nor were they aware of indications that the manager was about to resign. However, the constant uncertainty about the club’s future — whether with the ownership situation or the manager’s position — has produced a destabilising mood at Anfield that has worn Benítez down. The performances on the pitch have seen a large margin of Liverpool’s support turn against the manager, while the hardcore support who are aware of the backroom turmoil have rallied around the Spaniard.

Claudio Gentile was the favourite to replace Ferrara but on an interim basis and with coaching positions likely to be free in Milan and Madrid come the summer, few would bet big money that Liverpool will start next season with the same manager.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

I can see Rafa leaving if more fans turn on him, we need a few wins, although there is probably some truth in the speculation linking him with Juventus, i doubt anything would happen until the end of the season.
leep33

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 pm

made in UK wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

It was only last week that one of two posters, Nanny or Igor I think it was, proclaimed in a smug kind of way 'the fans whom wanted a change' were still the minority. Now its reversed because the situation all of a sudden has changed and emotions are running high.

Redman in Wales made an excellent point, had the fans, the match going fans, you know the 'real' fans. Not shown the abundance of support they had been, Rafa would of left a while ago I reckon. Rafa mentioned the other day that if he stayed it was because of the fans.

Sure there have been many fans the "TV brigade" myself included who have given the opinions as to why Rafa should go. Some people have attacked Rafa personally, nothing I condone. And likewise you get the emotional idiots on the phone-ins having a moan to.

Your getting mixed up Bam with Fan and supporter mate. It's the fans who are hounding him out not the supporters . The supporters are still in the majority in the ground (it's getting less and less i admit) . But it's the proffesional phone in merchants and the internet users that are feeding the media who in turn are feeding it right back again to the fans .

Look we have all questioned the manager and the questions are increasing by the week , but the difference is .When you get inside the ground as you well know ,as soon as we kick off we support . Now once the moans and groans inside the ground start getting louder and the seats start to become empty and people stop singing rafa's name then that's the time to get rid . It's the supporters (the paying public) the hardcore if you like ,that  will let Rafa know when he needs to go .NOT THE MEDIA and not the fans who on phone ins or internet forums.

Wasn't being smug in the slightest last week by the way , i was very proud of our support .That's all .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Your getting mixed up Bam with Fan and supporter mate. It's the fans who are hounding him out not the supporters . The supporters are still in the majority in the ground (it's getting less and less i admit) . But it's the proffesional phone in merchants and the internet users that are feeding the media who in turn are feeding it right back again to the fans .

Look we have all questioned the manager and the questions are increasing by the week , but the difference is .When you get inside the ground as you well know ,as soon as we kick off we support . Now once the moans and groans inside the ground start getting louder and the seats start to become empty and people stop singing rafa's name then that's the time to get rid . It's the supporters (the paying public) the hardcore if you like ,that  will let Rafa know when he needs to go .NOT THE MEDIA and not the fans who on phone ins or internet forums.

Wasn't being smug in the slightest last week by the way , i was very proud of our support .That's all .

Igor mate i actually dont agree with you at all on this.

The fans at the game should be still getting behind the team and backing the manager because at this moment in time we are stuck with him.
That doesnt mean alot of them dont think a change would be for the best, just that once at the ground they are supporting as thats for the best.

My mates go all over the place and think its time for a change but dont voice it at matches.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Thats funny, I always thought it was the poor results that were hounding him out?

Good luck if he goes, it'lls ave us millions and we can get someone to take us to the next level.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
made in UK wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Your getting mixed up Bam with Fan and supporter mate. It's the fans who are hounding him out not the supporters . The supporters are still in the majority in the ground (it's getting less and less i admit) . But it's the proffesional phone in merchants and the internet users that are feeding the media who in turn are feeding it right back again to the fans .

Fair enough Igor, I see what your saying.

Didn't mean to offend (if I did).
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Your getting mixed up Bam with Fan and supporter mate. It's the fans who are hounding him out not the supporters . The supporters are still in the majority in the ground (it's getting less and less i admit) . But it's the proffesional phone in merchants and the internet users that are feeding the media who in turn are feeding it right back again to the fans .

Igor mate i actually dont agree with you at all on this.

The fans at the game should be still getting behind the team and backing the manager because at this moment in time we are stuck with him.
That doesnt mean alot of them dont think a change would be for the best, just that once at the ground they are supporting as thats for the best.

My mates go all over the place and think its time for a change but dont voice it at matches.

I never said any different from that . Outside the ground and in the alehouse or where ever is totally different when your inside . It's like i said the other day .90% of people on this forum (apart from a few who don't know any better) would be exactly the same inside the ground and suppport the team and manager .It's the Liverpool way .

What's not the Liverpool way imo is not to let the media and fans on forums or phone- ins influence wether the manager stay's or goes .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

No Offense taken bam ,cheers mate .  :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill