David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah and the pope´s a virgin as well.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:41 pm

We need to hope he isn't for sale this season, 20M for Barry and 20M for Silva, we have no more money.  I would imagine...
SupitsJonF

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Villa will be going either to barca or madrid i think , so we can forget about it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yahoo!mo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Villa will be going either to barca or madrid i think , so we can forget about it

I've heard that too.They've both got papers that support them and basically hyoe up the transfer. 'sport' is pro Barca and keeps saying Villa is going there and 'Marca' is the Madrid paper and suprise suprise they say he'll be a Real player next year. They're both ahead of us in the queue for Villa though.
''Follow your player at Euro 2008'
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/euro/
yahoo!mo

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 am

If only we had the cash like arsenal who have cash but refuse to spend so much off it , nasri for 13 million is a very good deal for them . I think if rafa does bid for him , rafa will be waiting for the end of the euro's or when they get knocked out .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:24 am

Ramos is getting in on the action now

Spurs agree £20m deal for Spanish star David Villa

By Steve Stammers 22/06/2008

Spurs have agreed a £20million deal to sign the goal king of Euro 2008 - Spain's David Villa. 

The Valencia star, 26, has been the striking sensation of the tournament. 

Villa scored a hat-trick against Russia and a last-minute winner against Sweden. He has been the number one target for Tottenham manager Juande Ramos and Spurs have made it clear they will pay the £20m asking price.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liado » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 am

NANNY RED wrote:Ramos is getting in on the action now

Spurs have agreed a £20million deal to sign the goal king of Euro 2008 - Spain's David Villa. 

Villa scored a hat-trick against Russia and a last-minute winner against Sweden. He has been the number one target for Tottenham manager Juande Ramos and Spurs have made it clear they will pay the £20m asking price.

They have tried it before.Villa does not want to play for spurs.
If Madrid buy Ronaldo and Barcelona Aldebayor, Villa will play abroad (it is well known he prefers to play in la liga).I start to think theres  is still a chance for him to go to liverpool.
By the way, a radio station said yesterday Rafa is trying seriously to buy David silva and he has been asking recently.
liado

Postby yahoo!mo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:56 pm

That was in the mirror today wasn't it? Quite easy to not believe a word of it. If Valencia do sell him i'm certain they won't accept the first bid as they can easily manipulate a bidding war for him whilst he's in this form.
yahoo!mo

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 am

Sabre wrote:
My only target in life is to get better at my job

You'll achieve that like Torres in the proper place. Liverpool .

If you want to play football, be supported by the best crowd, train without being insulted in the training session, that is, do your job better, come to Liverpool.

That quotes are anyway like saying nothing. But I doubt he'll continue in Valencia.

:nod

You tell him Sabre.
He's a real talent and IMO, would love it in Liverpool. All accounts point to the fact that he's not a party animal and as such the draw of the "bright lights of London" factor should not be an issue.

TBPH, I'd love him here but I still have some doubts about how he'll blend in with Nando..... I think that they may be, ever so slightly, too similar.

C'mon David, your closest mates are here and you'd be a massive addition to our ranks.

Can we afford him though?
Somebody hold the yanks up to ransom!
ConnO'var

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:08 am

he took an awful dive last nite ... you dont like to see that . :no
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 am

Not totally convinced by Villa he's scored 4 goals big deal he might be good in the prem but he looks like a gready so snd so and a proper diver to boot, he also get's all the rewards for Torres's hard work.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm

yahoo!mo wrote:

That was in the mirror today wasn't it? Quite easy to not believe a word of it. If Valencia do sell him i'm certain they won't accept the first bid as they can easily manipulate a bidding war for him whilst he's in this form.

yea read that too , exactly valencia are going to hold out for more
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yahoo!mo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I think so too, Villa and Arshavin are the hyped players this tournament so the selling clubs can name their price at the moment. I remember when Milan was the top scorer in Euro04 Real wanted to buy him and we could've named our price but a year later we flogged him to Villa for £6m, so i'm sure Valencia will be aware of that scenario
yahoo!mo

Postby mramo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 pm

triggerred38 wrote:I seem to remember the same optimism and hope when everyone on the site thought owen (the slimy money grabbing little fecker) was on his way back.
As fan's we have to maintain that element of hope (how else would Everton fans have suffered all these years), however, people its staring you in the face....
we have not purchased Barry as we have not sold Alonso   money for Alonso=money for Barry
David Villa theres more chance of us signing Ricky Villa

wish I was wrong    but I'm not

:(

LINK REMOVED

I so hope Rafa is reading this. One year on Owen's contract!
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mramo

Postby Almighty Red » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm

mramo wrote:
triggerred38 wrote:I seem to remember the same optimism and hope when everyone on the site thought owen (the slimy money grabbing little fecker) was on his way back.
As fan's we have to maintain that element of hope (how else would Everton fans have suffered all these years), however, people its staring you in the face....
we have not purchased Barry as we have not sold Alonso   money for Alonso=money for Barry
David Villa theres more chance of us signing Ricky Villa

wish I was wrong    but I'm not

:(

LINK REMOVED

I so hope Rafa is reading this. One year on Owen's contract!

I so hope you learn not to read the f*cking S*n soon!
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almighty Red

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill