Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:47 pm

He should be in the Spain squad if Brazil don't snap him up, he would be a good replacement for Michel Salgado

The current starting eleven RB is Sergio Ramos, that player is good with the ball in his feet but I don't like him that much defensively. Alves is better defensively than Ramos, and miles better than Salgado, who has past his best IMO.

Why isn't he in the squad then? probably stupid national pride. Pernia, an excellent LB has been nearly out of the WC, just because he was born in Argentina. Fortunately enough, Del Horno, the Shítski player has been injured and Pernia has been summoned.

Txiki Begiristain, the sport director of Barcelona (in Spain there are no managers, the coach coaches, and the sport director makes signings, don't ask me why, I preffer the english concept of manager) has said that they need somebody in the defence. I'd find very likely they try to sign up a RB, Alves in this case, as many of you could see Oleguer might be a good Catalan independentist, but definitely not good enough to play at Barcelona level.

It's not going to be easy.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Daniel Alves' agent fears Sevilla are pricing the player out of the transfer market.

Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all thought to be chasing the highly-rated Brazilian, but Sevilla ar determined to keep hold of him.

Alves enjoyed a superb season with Sevilla helping them win the Uefa Cup and his performances have caught the attention of Liverpool, Barcelona and Real.

Sevilla are thought to be demanding £12 million for the full back and the player's representative Jose Rodriguez Baster feels Sevilla are trying to scare off the interested clubs with the price tag.

"(President Jose Maria) Del Nido has established a very high price for a right-back but I understand why because the club does not need to sell," said Rodriguez Baster.

"I do not remember so much ever having been paid for a full-back. (Roman) Abramovich (The Chelsea owner) offered €12m for Paulo Ferreira but we all know that Chelsea is in another world.

"He (Alves) has always said that he is happy with the club and the city where he is, but at the same time like any worker he is interested in improving."
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:46 am

Let's see if any other team is willing to offer more.  If they don't and Alves wants to come to Liverpool, I think Sevilla will relent and lower the price.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:34 am

From SSN:

Sevilla claim they have rejected a bid from Liverpool for Daniel Alves.

Alves is thought to be among Liverpool's top summer transfer targets after tracking him for over a year.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is keen to bring in a new right-sided midfielder and has earmarked Alves for that role at Anfield.

Barcelona and Milan are both thought to be chasing Alves as well and there could be a massive scramble for his signature this summer.

Sevilla are reluctant to lose Alves and have placed a massive £12 million price tag on his head to try and ward off suitors.

Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido revealed the club turned down a substantial bid from Liverpool on Wednesday for Alves.

"It is not necessary to hide that a tempting offer for Alves arrived on Wednesday, but that was rejected because it does not meet the amount the club demands," said Del Nido.

"Everybody knows that Liverpool have been chasing Alves for a year and that every week offers a million Euros more."

Liverpool are hopeful of thrashing out a deal for Alves, but if they fail to land the South American they could turn their attentions to Jermaine Pennant.

Meanwhile, Del Nido insists he will do all he can to sign Javier Saviola.

Saviola spent last season on loan at Sevilla from Barcelona and he was expected to make the move permanent this summer.

However, the player's agent claimed the Argentine ace would not be staying at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

Del Nido is refusing to get involved in a row with Saviola's representative and revealed he will do everything to sign him if the club's management want him.

"I am not going to argue with any representative," added Del Nido.

"If the sport department of the club wants us to try and sign him we will deliver him to the attack remembering he is a player who belongs to Barcelona."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:41 am

Cant see us signing Alves unless Sevilla stop overpricing him, we will not pay 12 million.

He is top quality but that would be most of our budget probably and i cant see Rafa doing that, it will more than likely be Pennant unless Sevilla lower there asking price.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:49 am

I'm pretty sure we won't go for Alves now, especially since we won't be getting any cash for Cisse, looks like Rafa will turn his attention to Pennant.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:51 am

they should spend 12 million on him so as not to have to buy jermaine pennant.....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:15 pm

there are reports on YNWA that the alves deal is already done and that he will sign next week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:17 pm

stmichael wrote:there are reports on YNWA that the alves deal is already done and that he will sign next week.

Heard the same thing mate.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:22 pm

stmichael wrote:there are reports on YNWA that the alves deal is already done and that he will sign next week.

I have been told this from an accountant involved in the deals, although I was sceptical about it cus of the cost.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

I have been told this from an accountant involved in the deals, although I was sceptical about it cus of the cost.

£12m is a lot of money, I've never seen the lads so if it is true I hope he's worth it, especially when we need the cash for a decent striker.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:37 pm

According to the echo, we are looking to seal the signing of alves this weekend if the clubs can agree a fee. If a fee cant be agreed we are going to be foced to look at other options. Alves is the main transfer target and if rafa can get his signature he will then look at signing 2 strikers.

I'd be happy with alves signing; think hes a quality player. Hes got huge ability IMO and am sure he would be a fantastic player for us.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:03 am

davo_LFC wrote:According to the echo, we are looking to seal the signing of alves this weekend if the clubs can agree a fee. If a fee cant be agreed we are going to be foced to look at other options. Alves is the main transfer target and if rafa can get his signature he will then look at signing 2 strikers.

I'd be happy with alves signing; think hes a quality player. Hes got huge ability IMO and am sure he would be a fantastic player for us.

Yeah i was reading that before, the echo has always proved a reliable source, hope we do get this guy signed up, we need quality players and i hope we still go for the best possible players even without the cisse money.

Imagine gonzalez and alves running up the wings, that seems a very exciting prospect for next season and if we can get the right strikers in too we could challenge
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Earlier today I read somewhere that Milan are suppossed to have offered 11 million plus Cafu for Alves. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember the site though. Probably - and hopefully - it's :censored: though. Otherwise it will most likely mean the end of our pursuit of him, as I can't see Rafa paying the 12 million Sevilla want. Anyways... it's just another rumour i suppose (hope you guys who claim that it's a cert are right, he looks really exciting from what I've seen of him)
JamCar05

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:11 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Earlier today I read somewhere that Milan are suppossed to have offered 11 million plus Cafu for Alves. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember the site though. Probably - and hopefully - it's :censored: though. Otherwise it will most likely mean the end of our pursuit of him, as I can't see Rafa paying the 12 million Sevilla want. Anyways... it's just another rumour i suppose (hope you guys who claim that it's a cert are right, he looks really exciting from what I've seen of him)

Its probably a load of sh.it, i hope so anyway. Looks like alves is almost here
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill