Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri May 19, 2006 12:43 pm

I have said for a while now that I believe Rafa wants to play a 3-5-2 when he can next year. That line up laid out by Redman would give us a great chance of winning the league.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 19, 2006 12:54 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I have said for a while now that I believe Rafa wants to play a 3-5-2 when he can next year. That line up laid out by Redman would give us a great chance of winning the league.

I think Rafa just wants more options, he changes players almost every game based on opposition and due to the amount of games we play.
It seems to me that the manager is trying to bring players in that can fit into more systems than a rigid 4-4-2.
And i am all for that, it keeps the opposition guessing and allows us to change things pretty dramatically if things aren't working.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 21, 2006 5:38 pm

He's been getting some rave reviews, that is for certain.

I think it is beyond doubt that Rafa sees Alves as a winger/wingback, and certainly NOT a fullback.

If we signed him, I believe the trick would be to find the right balance between him and Finnan.
Assuming that Gonzalez is granted a permit/Spanish Citizenship, and Aurelio signs as well, I'd imagine us lining up for most games like this:

Reina
   Finnan                  JC               Sami                   Aurelio

Sissoko
                                            Alonso
Alves                                                                      Gonzalez
                             Gerrard

???

No one really knows who Rafa will sign upfront, which is a good thing as someone said in another thread.

IF he signed Alves, and DID decided to go 3-5-2, it would be a bit harsh on Finnan, as he's been outstanding.
4-4-2, and Sissoko will struggle to remain in the team.

I think, in his heart of hearts, Rafa longs for his 4-2-3-1 formation he utilised at Valencia. I could be wrong, but should the mooted signings come to fruition, then he will have the players to do it.

With Mark Gonzalez and Daniel Alves bombing down the wings (assuming they can settle and adapt to the Premiership), a top-drawer hitman upfront a-la David Villa (unlikely, perhaps, but the guy is phenomonal), and with Gerrard sitting just behind the striker, doing what he does better than anyone in the World, we would doubtless be the best team in the Premiership.

I honestly believe that no-one, not even Sh*tski with Shevchenko and Ballack could touch that unit.
We'd have the league's best 'keeper, the best defence, the best midfield, and a front line to match anyone in the World.

All with 4 signings, 1 of which has already gone through (Gonzalez),  1 which is almost complete (Aurelio, according to Benitez's comments), 1 who has said he wants to come (Alves), and one who is, admittedly, highly unlikely.

Rafa can find another striker, though, and will probably get a better one for half the bloody price, knowing him!!!!!

Are you scared, Chav Scum?

You f*cking should be. :blues:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chris4069 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:23 pm

In the magazine french : l'équipe
He says that Dani Alves go to sign at soon for Liverpool. He have envy to play for Liverpool
chris4069

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 10:00 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:He's been getting some rave reviews, that is for certain.

I think it is beyond doubt that Rafa sees Alves as a winger/wingback, and certainly NOT a fullback.

If we signed him, I believe the trick would be to find the right balance between him and Finnan.
Assuming that Gonzalez is granted a permit/Spanish Citizenship, and Aurelio signs as well, I'd imagine us lining up for most games like this:

Reina

Sissoko
                                            Alonso
Alves                                                                      Gonzalez
                             Gerrard

???

No one really knows who Rafa will sign upfront, which is a good thing as someone said in another thread.

IF he signed Alves, and DID decided to go 3-5-2, it would be a bit harsh on Finnan, as he's been outstanding.

I think, in his heart of hearts, Rafa longs for his 4-2-3-1 formation he utilised at Valencia. I could be wrong, but should the mooted signings come to fruition, then he will have the players to do it.

With Mark Gonzalez and Daniel Alves bombing down the wings (assuming they can settle and adapt to the Premiership), a top-drawer hitman upfront a-la David Villa (unlikely, perhaps, but the guy is phenomonal), and with Gerrard sitting just behind the striker, doing what he does better than anyone in the World, we would doubtless be the best team in the Premiership.

I honestly believe that no-one, not even Sh*tski with Shevchenko and Ballack could touch that unit.
We'd have the league's best 'keeper, the best defence, the best midfield, and a front line to match anyone in the World.

All with 4 signings, 1 of which has already gone through (Gonzalez),  1 which is almost complete (Aurelio, according to Benitez's comments), 1 who has said he wants to come (Alves), and one who is, admittedly, highly unlikely.

Rafa can find another striker, though, and will probably get a better one for half the bloody price, knowing him!!!!!

That team and line up excites me immensely. I would say that Defoe would be a perfect centre forward to finish off what would be the quickest team in the Premier league.

Come on Rafa, get these players (Aurelio, Alves etc) signed up and lets get this show on the road.  :buttrock
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby lovebetis » Sat May 27, 2006 6:41 pm

i think that Alves could go to Liverpool, because he has won a title with Sevilla FC. really, Alves could go out of Sevilla.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby GOAT » Sun May 28, 2006 9:29 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:He's been getting some rave reviews, that is for certain.

Reina

Sissoko
                                            Alonso
                             Gerrard

???

That team and line up excites me immensely. I would say that Defoe would be a perfect centre forward to finish off what would be the quickest team in the Premier league.

Come on Rafa, get these players (Aurelio, Alves etc) signed up and lets get this show on the road.  :buttrock

Does look a very exciting team that, hope we do get alves in and then i hope benitez snaps up a couple of class strikers and then we will have 1 amazing team
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red_guy » Mon May 29, 2006 3:28 am

lovebetis wrote:i think that Alves could go to Liverpool, because he has won a title with Sevilla FC. really, Alves could go out of Sevilla.

I hope so.  :)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Mon May 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Alves wants a move to the prem supposedly to seek pastures new so he could be a genuine possibility. I think he was quoted saying something about wanting to play for rafa and liverpool and he could cost around 7mil, cue the snag, barcelona are interested and this might raise his price significantly which is bad news, alves does have itchy feet in spain though so were in with a chance.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue May 30, 2006 2:58 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:If Barcelona want Alves as their first choice right back or right winger(they dont really play a right winger) then he will go there.

Havent seen him play, but I would like to keep Kromkamp if he is willing to stay, Rafa doesnt really play out and out attacking fullbacks like Arsneal or Real Madrid, and Alves sounds like that sort of player, if he does come I would guess that he would come as the first choice right winger.

I would say that he is a very hard working right sided plyer who can play effectively at right back but is better as a right winger. He plays right back at Sevilla due to them having Jesus Navas, it is not a case of Navas being better than Alves but more that Alves is versitile enough to be able to play right back.

Everytime i've seen him play he's been at right back, but anyone with a pair of eyes can see he's a winger trapped there. He bombs on for 90 minutes, does get caught out of position sometimes (though not as much as someone like Cicinho - how the hell is he in the Brazil squad?) but he's fast, skillfull, a good crosser and often gets ahead of his winger. Scored a beauty against Barca and hit the post with a thunderous freekick against Real.

If he is a defender i'm Steven Gerrard. I mean, plenty of people think Riise is an attacking fullback and some think he's better wide left......f#ck me, wait till they see Alves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Wed May 31, 2006 9:22 am

We are going to have a battle on our hands to get Alves, and we all know it
what i want to know is if any of the players at our club know him or have
any influence in having a quiet word in his ear :;): .

I would also like to know who else we are going to bring in and when because this is doing my head in :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:17 am

BBC Gossip:

Liverpool face a battle with Barcelona and AC Milan in the race to sign Daniel Alves from Seville. (Various)

I think he might fancy barca, considering there are a few other brazilians there.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 am

Don't really fancy our chances any more.. I think he is playing games.. Driving up his own value.
PCG77

Postby RedWolf35 » Wed May 31, 2006 12:57 pm

This just in!!!

Leon has managed to secure the signatures of Alves, Adriano & Schevchenko for £3.50 after meeting them at the bus stop

Or so he says   !!!

:lookaround
RedWolf35

Postby mistyred » Wed May 31, 2006 1:21 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:This just in!!!

Leon has managed to secure the signatures of Alves, Adriano & Schevchenko for £3.50 after meeting them at the bus stop

Or so he says   !!!

:lookaround

That's abit harsh what about Joaquin  :talktothehand

Just kidding  :D
Last edited by mistyred on Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill