Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:17 pm

Hope we get Alves...... but with Barca registering interest..... can't see us being in the driving seat...
ConnO'var

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:34 pm

Alves' agent says Liverpool have tabled an 8.5mil bid but Sevilla are looking for 12mil. I hate the way clubs do this, the thing is if they want to keep the player they will higher the asking price because they know Rafa won't pay a ridiculous price. Although that is where Houllier failed with the likes of diouf, he paid the asking price. I'm glad Rafa is more sensible. But it doesn't look like this deal is going to happen. Rafa said he wants all his signings before the world cup, well with 8 days (i think) until the world cup, he has got some job to do or he will end up paying inflated prices.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:37 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Alves' agent says Liverpool have tabled an 8.5mil bid but Sevilla are looking for 12mil. I hate the way clubs do this, the thing is if they want to keep the player they will higher the asking price because they know Rafa won't pay a ridiculous price. Although that is where Houllier failed with the likes of diouf, he paid the asking price. I'm glad Rafa is more sensible. But it doesn't look like this deal is going to happen. Rafa said he wants all his signings before the world cup, well with 8 days (i think) until the world cup, he has got some job to do or he will end up paying inflated prices.

Clearly Sevilla are holding out to see if Barce make a higher offer.  If they do we're fecked, but if their interest cools we could yet get him for the 8.5 mil I reckon.  Wouldn't say this deal is dead yet, but it probably hinges on what Barce do next.  You're right though, Benitez won't pay over the odds for this guy and that's fair enough for me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:57 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Although that is where Houllier failed with the likes of diouf, he paid the asking price.

in fairness the likes of daniel alves are on a higher level.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:18 pm

red37 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Although that is where Houllier failed with the likes of diouf, he paid the asking price.

Well yes of course but Rafa wont pay over the odds for any player whereas houllier would.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:26 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
red37 wrote:

Well yes of course but Rafa wont pay over the odds for any player whereas houllier would.

accepted. though who questions the price tags of alonso and to a lesser degree reina now? i think 12.3mill. is way way over the top fwiw. if it wins the league though, it is a bloody snip!

:)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby lovebetis » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Now, on Seville doesn´t tell about Alves goes out of Sevilla, because are more interested in the news players here.
when I know something new, i will tell you!
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby Scouser4life » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 am

wouldnt pay 12.3 mill for him a bit pricey but 8 million i will take.....i feel aswell he will be are winger and not are right back
ALL ROUND THE FIELDS OF ANFIELD ROAD!!!!!!
Scouser4life

Postby mistyred » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:11 am

Maybe Rafa knows how to play mind games also, we will
have to just wait and see. :;):
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:30 am

definately a lot of cat and mouse getting played out at the moment
PCG77

Postby Paul C » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:46 am

lovebetis wrote:Now, on Seville doesn´t tell about Alves goes out of Sevilla, because are more interested in the news players here.
when I know something new, i will tell you!

Nice one, thanks lovebetis, keep us updated :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:55 am

adamnbarrett wrote:Rafa said he wants all his signings before the world cup, well with 8 days (i think) until the world cup, he has got some job to do or he will end up paying inflated prices.

I don't think Alves is going to the world cup?

So at least he's price can't get infated anymore then it already has been.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:22 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Rafa said he wants all his signings before the world cup, well with 8 days (i think) until the world cup, he has got some job to do or he will end up paying inflated prices.

I don't think Alves is going to the world cup?

So at least he's price can't get infated anymore then it already has been.

I'm not sure if Alves is in Brazil's team, but I was referring to players that are going to the World Cup with the inflated prices.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:09 pm

No! Alves isn´t going to play the world cup. He could play with Spain, but the Spain´s trainer didn´t call him and Brazil´s trainer neither.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:28 pm

lovebetis wrote:No! Alves isn´t going to play the world cup. He could play with Spain, but the Spain´s trainer didn´t call him and Brazil´s trainer neither.

He should be in the Spain squad if Brazil don't snap him up, he would be a good replacement for Michel Salgado. He would also make a good replacement for Cafu. He has the ability to play for Brazil but it would be great for Spain if he was able to play for them.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill