Alfonso alves

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:53 pm

Most of you know I am working as a hostess at Heracles Almelo.
Well today we got a one man show from no other than Alfonso Alves from Heerenveen the Brazilian scored 7 goals against Heracles  :down: they got beat 9-0.
Now Spurs where after him I think Rafa should go sniffing in January.
He scored 34 goals last season Chelsea where sniffing around him in the summer, if Crouch leaves Alves in January Alves in and not Daniel.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm

general chat football talk!!!

i never knew you were a hostess with the mostest dudette
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:general chat football talk!!!

i never knew you were a hostess with the mostest dudette

:cool: Well of course  :cool:  I cant help it if the club I joined are sh.it :D

p.s. keyboard is f.ucked cause I put my nail varnish remover on it to clean it not many letters left, dont take offence if sh.ite comes out, which it usually does  :D
I will buy a new keyboard tommorrow until then dont take offenece.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 pm

u must have had nail varnish on the keyboard for years hun if it makes u type sh!te :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:u must have had nail varnish on the keyboard for years hun if it makes u type sh!te :p

God help Heracles they are just shite even I cant help em, plus they have a player called Everton who is really great but I cant be doing with him.  :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:Most of you know I am working as a hostess at Heracles Almelo.
Well today we got a one man show from no other than Alfonso Alves from Heerenveen the Brazilian scored 7 goals against Heracles  :down: they got beat 9-0.
Now Spurs where after him I think Rafa should go sniffing in January.
He scored 34 goals last season Chelsea where sniffing around him in the summer, if Crouch leaves Alves in January Alves in and not Daniel.

he can turn out to be another kuyt, who doesnt score in the premier league.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 pm

metalhead wrote:he can turn out to be another kuyt, who doesnt score in the premier league.

And here is a thought imagine the manager player him as a striker, shock horror.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am

:D

Liverpool eye Brazilian star Afonso AlvesOct 10 2007

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

RAFAEL BENITEZ is tracking Brazilian striker Afonso Alves as he contemplates another spending spree in the January transfer window.

Alves is one of several names under consideration by the Liverpool manager, who can expect further backing from the club’s co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

And Benitez’s interest would suggest Peter Crouch is heading for an Anfield exit in the new year.

Alves is one of the most sought-after forwards in Europe and scored an incredible seven times for Dutch club Heerenveen on Sunday in their 9-0 victory over Eredivisie rivals Heracles Almelo.

The 26-year-old forward cost Heerenveen a club record £3million when arriving from Malmo ahead of last season, and went on to score 34 goals in 31 league games before being named Holland’s player of the year.

Alves, who has seven caps for Brazil, was a target for Middlesbrough during the close season and would cost in the region of £8m.

Benitez is also thought to still be keeping tabs on another Brazilian, Roma’s stepover king Alessandro Mancini.

The Liverpool manager ruled out a move for the left winger during the summer, but is aware Mancini has fallen out with Roma coach Luciano Spalletti and is reportedly seeking a move in January.

Lyon are favourites to sign the player but Liverpool would be able to offer a better package to the 27-year-old.

PSG defender Bernard Mendy is another player on Benitez’s list of possibilities. The 26-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and would be available in January for a small fee.

Mendy, who spent the 2002-03 campaign on loan at Bolton Wanderers, operates on the right side of defence.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:19 pm

Ciggy...I've moved this topic to the Rumour Mill given that your pleas to Rafa to go after the lad seem to have been answered! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Mancini - YES
Alves - POSSIBLY
Mendy - NO CHANCE (he's p*sh!) and we have Arbeloa and Finnan at RB anyway..
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Indian » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 pm

I'd go for Mancini, we've got sod all on the wings at the moment.  If we let Crouch go, why not give Babel a go up front
Red Indian

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:02 pm

I aint sure about Alves.  I aint certain his goal record suggests his really that good.  He scores more than Hunterlaar but when I would still rather go for Hunterlaar.
puroresu

Postby Heerenveen-supporter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am

Hello  :) ,

I support sc Heerenveen and would like to tell some details about Afonso Alves. In 2006 we bought him for about 4,5 million euros from Malmö FF (Sweden). First he played on the midfield, but after a period he became striker. Last year he scored 34 goals in the Dutch league and two goals in the UEFA Cup. They named him as the best player in Holland for that season and he was invited for the national team of Brazil. This summer there were problems, but it seems to stopped. He played against Heracles Almelo and scored 7 times. A great match!

Alves is not a player who works very hard (not always), but he can score at every time! I would say: go to Youtube.com and see!

@ puroresu: Huntelaar also played for Heerenveen. A very good striker, but Alves is absolute better. Huntelaar is 'just' a goal scorer, but not more. Alves has just more qualities. For sure!

My English is not very good (sorry for that), but I can try to answer some questions. You can also go to sc.heerenveen.org/forum. It's an forum for Heerenveen-supporters and there is a English section.
Last edited by Heerenveen-supporter on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heerenveen-supporter

Postby coop » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:04 pm

hello heerenveen supporter, how strong is the dutch league competitively? does alfonso's attributes suit him to the premier league? i.e pace,power and technically? is he a suitable replacement if crouch were to leave in january?
coop

Postby Heerenveen-supporter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Hello coop,

The Dutch league is a good competition, but league’s like the Premiership are much stronger. I think it’s like:
A: England, Spain and Italy
B: Germany and France
C: Holland and Portugal

This year it’s not good at European stage. Only PSV plays in the Champions League and AZ is the only Dutch team in the UEFA Cup. Ajax, Heerenveen, Groningen and Twente are already out. Helsingborgs IF (with Henrik Larsson) defeated Heerenveen with 5 against 1, while we won at home with 5-3. It was not good, because we have a better team. The results of the Dutch team are an incident, I think.

About Alves: Alves is a smart player. Sometimes you don’t see him, but suddenly he can score. It is absolute the best striker i’ve ever seen in Heerenveen. And we had players like Tomasson, Van Nistelrooij, Allbäck (played for Aston Villa) and Huntelaar. Alves has also a very good free kick. A lot of keepers don’t know how the bal is going on the goal, very strange kicks!

I hope Alves will stay this season, but I think it’s 50-50 in January. I think he can make it at Liverpool, one of the most beautiful clubs in the world! It’s of course a big step, but I think he can do it.
Heerenveen-supporter

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill