Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby spion » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Sevilla president confirms Liverpool bid for Daniel Alves
tribalfootball.com - January 19, 2006

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido has confirmed he's rejected an £8 million bid from Liverpool for fullback Daniel Alves.

Daniel Alves, who captained Brazil at the 2003 U20 World Championships, is a qualified Spanish national and admitted frustration earlier this month over Del Nido's decision to block his move to Liverpool.

Del Nido confirmed the offer yesterday: "We received an offer of £8 million from Liverpool for Daniel Alves. But we refused it."

However, it's been suggested Sevilla are ready to cash in on the right-back and Del Nido is attempting to drive up the price as sports director Monchi studies the market for a replacement signing this month.
spion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:26 pm

Spion, read the PM I have just sent you please.
jonnymac1979

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 am

I thought he was a wing-back, capable of playing as a winger?

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:19 am

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=15953

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Alves is a winger as far as I know.

Why would we buy another right back!?!?
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 9:29 am

bumping this thread up because of report on SSN: 

Alves considering Reds move

Sevilla full back Daniel Alves claims he has the chance to join Liverpool this summer, and he is seriously considering making the switch to Anfield

Barcelona and Milan are also said to be in the hunt for the highly-rated Brazilian - who played a huge part in Middlesbrough's downfall in the Uefa Cup final, but Alves admits a liking for Merseyside.

The Reds' interest in Alves dates back over 12 months and Rafa Benitez is well versed on the talents of the 23-year-old.

Sevilla are now reportedly in talks to sell Alves, a player they paid Bahia just £300,000 in 2003.

"Liverpool is an appetising option because of the Spanish coach they have and because of the players they have there because they are from Spain too," said Alves.

"They will help me adapt and that makes it easier, I now have to weigh up and make a decision.

"It makes me very proud that some of Europe's big teams have shown an interest in me.

"For every player, playing at the highest level is an objective - and clubs like Liverpool are at the very top now.

"They are one of those big important clubs with a lot of history. The truth is, it is an attractive option.

"Liverpool have a great team and a great manager. It makes me very proud that they are interested in me."

-----------

I'm not so sure. i havnt seen him play much - looked good against middlesbrough - but thats middlesbrough -

stats for this season (from soccernet):

2005/06 Season Totals
Games started: 49
Sub appearances: 0
Goals: 3
Assists: 0
Shots: 35
SHots on goal: 7
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu May 18, 2006 9:50 am

Rafa aims to Kop Downing
By PHIL THOMAS

STEWART DOWNING is a shock name on Rafa Benitez’s list of summer targets.

But the Liverpool chief faces an uphill struggle if he is to prise the England rookie from Middlesbrough.

Benitez made regular checks on Downing, 21, over the closing stages of the season and was mightily impressed.

He is still keen to land a wide player, despite Chilean Mark Gonzalez’s imminent arrival from Albacete after a work-permit wrangle delayed the deal last year.

Now much will depend on Boro playing ball on Downing, who is under contract until 2010.

Benitez is also hunting a striker, and saw his chances of landing Jermain Defoe increase yesterday when Spurs agreed a £10.9million deal for Bayer Leverkusen’s Bulgarian hitman Dimitar Berbatov.

Defoe knows his failure to play regularly last season was a major factor in his failure to win a World Cup slot.

And though Mido is leaving, Defoe’s chances of being first choice have not been helped by Berbatov’s capture.

Benitez is on the verge of landing Brazilian Dani Alves from Seville.

The £8m-rated right-back, 23, said: “Liverpool is a very appetising option because of the Spanish coach they have and the players they have there from Spain.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:06 am

Can't see the point of Downing, and If that's the Alves who played in the Uefa Cup final, he didn't exactly impress. :(
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 18, 2006 10:13 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Can't see the point of Downing, and If that's the Alves who played in the Uefa Cup final, he didn't exactly impress. :(

You must have watched a different game to me then Ace he was out of this world.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:48 am

Alves was the best player on the pitch in the UEFA Cup final mate.  Easily.  Didn't do much defending but was electric going forward. 

I was speaking to my brother about him and he said Benitez would probably use him as a right midfielder rather than a right back anyway.  After that UEFA Final, I'd certainly give him another watch if you can find any videos of him.  He's a very good player.
jonnymac1979

Postby metalhead » Thu May 18, 2006 11:53 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Can't see the point of Downing, and If that's the Alves who played in the Uefa Cup final, he didn't exactly impress. :(

Nah ace, He was class in the uefa cup final, his cross to luis Fabiano to score the first goal was world class! He was up against Downing, and he gave him a torrid time!

He was man of the match for me, he is an excellent player wouldn't mind him in liverpool.

I agree jonnymac he is very attacking, and has excellent pace.

but whats with his braces? and why all brazilians wear braces!!  ???  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am

my only concern would be if he can play as an out and out winger every game.... Finnan has been awesome this past season and we dont need another RB... every mention of him in news articles, or facts about the player he is called a defender or wing back. No where have I seen him called a winger... and that is what we need...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu May 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Redman in wales wrote:my only concern would be if he can play as an out and out winger every game.... Finnan has been awesome this past season and we dont need another RB... every mention of him in news articles, or facts about the player he is called a defender or wing back. No where have I seen him called a winger... and that is what we need...

he is both right back and right winger.

If he get him he will be used as a right midfielder
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu May 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Lets go out and get him. I have heard sufficient reports that the guys is a top player and would be a great addition to our squad. My concern is Finnan as I really like him and believe he is the best RB in the league. If Alves can play in front of him then fine!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 18, 2006 2:12 pm

I mentioned him in one of the other threads a couple of days ago, after watching Real Madrid and Sevilla the other night.
Alves was class again, he looks top quality and could easily play as a winger imo.
He was up and down for the whole game and with the ball at his feet goes past people for fun.
He might cost quite a bit now after such an impressive performance in the Uefa cup final, but i think he would be a brilliant addition.
It is also on the back of tonights Echo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill