Arbeloa heading back to spain?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Elisha Scott on YNWA should know  :D
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Assuming the rumour is true - I wonder if the Euro's have indirectly played a part in his decision? The winning, the celebrations and the patriotism that accompanied it.

If we're gonna play the speculation game, let's not make it science fiction. :D

The scenario I imagine is more likely, Arbeloa has a girlfriend who is famous and is a well known TV woman (she's hot). She's a slut, and has told Arbeloa that she feels lonely while she works in Madrid. Arbeloa then accepts an Atletico offer or something.

A Kewellesque wife is a much more likely possibility than the pratiotism option. :D
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 pm

'arry beloa  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:07 pm

F*ck her off then..

Liverpool FC comes before any woman! - good job ive already had me tea!

On a serious note its a shame that things havn't worked out for Arbeloa. The lad was a decent utility, and always came across well. I liked him.

Nevertheless, I wish the 'Lawnmower' all the best wherever he decides to go.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rush Job » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:then why not buy 1 good instead of 5 we dont really need or want. now this seasno all we got is a load of twobob reserve players who probably arent as good as who we have, meanwhile we give away teh fringe players for free or send them out to leicester... what experience will hobbs get at leicester???

Well surely the experience wont do him any harm, better than warming our bench or playing for the ressies no? And as for Arbeloa its being reported as personal reasons not Rafa wanting rid or even needing to raise funds, so TBH i dont really get where your coming from. To a certain extent the gaffa has to be able to create his own bugget so he brings in players that can do a job for us but also if for whatever reason it doesnt work out he can at least get money back or more often than not make a profit.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:24 pm

get more money back or make a profit? id rather win the league mate...
wheeling and dealing indeed!
of course there is one thing, has arbeloa made a statement, are there any quotes or anything or is someone just making us argue for no reason?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Elisha Scott on YNWA should know  :D

He can tell the future that lad...Mystic Megs son!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:get more money back or make a profit? id rather win the league mate...
of course there is one thing, has arbeloa made a statement, are there any quotes or anything or is someone just making us argue for no reason?

that's the thing this is not even confirmed by the parties involved... and you're overeacting... even if it's true, if arbeloa wants to leave it's not rafa's fault...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:get more money back or make a profit? id rather win the league mate...

We all wont to win the league mate, what do you mean by that? On second thoughts forget it no need to reply.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:13 pm

just seems some people give tjhe excuse of balancing the books when we should be buying more sensibly on the whole, thats what ive alwayshated about us... too many buys and sells
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Sabre wrote:
Assuming the rumour is true - I wonder if the Euro's have indirectly played a part in his decision? The winning, the celebrations and the patriotism that accompanied it.

The scenario I imagine is more likely, Arbeloa has a girlfriend who is famous and is a well known TV woman (she's hot). She's a slut, and has told Arbeloa that she feels lonely while she works in Madrid. Arbeloa then accepts an Atletico offer or something.

A Kewellesque wife is a much more likely possibility than the pratiotism option. :D

Surely if he were going back to Madrid he would want to join his old club Real? No?   :D

too excited by:
                             Reina
  Ramos       Carra             Agger     Dossena
          Gerrard     Mascherano    Lucas
          Keane         Torres         Babel

wouldn't have any depth at CM, but at least would have fullbacks that can get forward  :D
JoeTerp

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

dawson99 wrote:another genius move by the man beintez. sorry, but he is just making mistakes every day, if he does want to sell YET ANOTHER player after a msall amount of time here... 5 year fecking plan my ar$e.

am i the only one getting bored with what Rafas continuing to do to our club? Am i the only one who thinks hes buying badly and selling way too quickly.. beacause of his bad buys and lack of help?

Ask them yank Tw@t owners why Rafa has to sell to buy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:26 pm

It's developed into an interesting thread. Dawson is right that we seem to trade too many players sometimes, but you can't in all honesty blame the manager if the bloke is homesick, his bird is missing him or whatever else. Also, I think sometimes because this is a Liverpool forum with many lads who find out every little piece of information, the impression is sometimes that we sign someone or other almost every day (and in truth we probably do at this time of year).

Whether infact it is actually newsworthy that we've signed a fourteen year old defensive midfielder from Antwerp is another question entirely. No doubt Swansea fans and forums are buzzing with the news that they've procured the services of some fresh from the slammer scaffolder from Inter Cardiff who broke all the scoring records in Strangeways. The fact that neither he nor the eleven year old goalkeeper they've signed up from Horse and Groom Athletic in the Swansea Under 13 conference will ever see the first team makes no odds. It keeps the internet forums ticking over, keeps everyone interested muich like our signing of the aforemtioned Michel-Luis Coulemans (who no doubt will be related to Jans on his Mothers side, as if it's ever relavent). My point being that though I agree our turnover is too big, it's probably not as big as it looks.

As for valuation of Arbeloa. He's a good player but if the stories are to be believed he wants away and back to Spain. That does two things. Firstly it rules out selling him to another English Club which is a shame because they're the ones with the cash. Man City or West Ham would probably pay 5 or 6 mill for him I'm certain of it. Secondly, it sends out a signal that our bargaining positon is weak (just for a change like :D). With that in mind, it'll be around 4 million Euro's I should think. In real money around three million quid or so.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Sabre wrote:

Sabre, is that her 2nd from the left?

Why is she a slut?
(More interested in that than this discussion!  :laugh: )
Last edited by Effes on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Edit
Last edited by Effes on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill