Arbeloa heading back to spain?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Jimmymac » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:22 am

would be a shame to see him go and as said before it could put a spanner int he works, I can see Carragher playing far more games at right back next season if that was to transpire. Agger and Skrtel to form their partnership a bit earlier than expected.
Jimmymac

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

to be honest i can't see carra being put out at right back much this season. benitez has been giving the impression that he wants to use the full backs in a much more attacking sense and has been praising degen and dossena on these qualities. carra may be a lot of things but an attacking full back he certainly is not.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 am

Well I certainly didn't see that one coming, hopefully we can get a decent price for him off the back of Spain winning Euro 2008.

If we don't get anyone in and Finnan does go to Villa then I wouldn't be surprised to see Carragher start the season at RB with us now having plenty of cover in the centre.
Or Rafa may go for a change of formation with us going to 3 CB's and using wingbacks (i.e. Deggen and Aurelio/Dossena).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:48 am

The Sergio Ramos option hopefully is no go.  He is very limited at right back and got exposed more than once during the euro championships.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I say Arbeloa + Alonso = Sergio Ramos

dude they wouldnt do that deal he is worth around 40 mil.

I think he best right back in world atm.

Plus real sell one o there best starlets never happen.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Arbeloa + Alonso = Sergio Ramos

Yes but

Squad-Arbeloa-Alonso+Ramos=What we need to win the league?

This is a strange one. To be honest when you see 3-4 players that can play RB you necessarily think that someone must go out.

You also realise that Arbeloa was very cheap, he has increased the value and we need money.

But I didn't expect Arbeloa to leave ANfield one year later for personal reasons.

Arbeloa owes everything to Liverpool, if he hadn't come here he wouldn't have been in Austria, and he'd be a correct-decent player in Deportivo or a club like that.

Strange one.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:19 pm

It may actually help us if the money we get for him means Alonso can stay, Barry moves out to Left midfield and Darby slots in as RB.

Although I was tempted by Joe's idea of Alonso + Arbeloa for Ramos :D
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Come off it Sabre....I don't rate those Spaniards anyway.

:p
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Nah, we need Arbeloa.

He cannot be sold.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Latest from the echo.

Alonso is looking to hold sit-down talks with Benitez to find out if he is still wanted by the club after Liverpool came close to agreeing a fee to sell the 26-year-old to Juventus last month.

That deal is now off but Alonso, who is keen to remain at Anfield, wants to know if Benitez is still willing to sell him.

But the midfielder will have to wait for an opportunity to meet with Benitez as the Reds boss was today away from Melwood on personal business.

Reports coming out of Spain suggesting Alvaro Arbeloa is looking to leave Liverpool are news to the club, who have not had any indication from either the player or his agent that he wants to move.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....2

Hope it's a load of sh!t meself , i think he's a crackin little player for us . Plays along the back four with varying degrees of comfort and is a very good option at right or left back . Prefer him to finnan or degen at rb any how.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 pm

another genius move by the man beintez. sorry, but he is just making mistakes every day, if he does want to sell YET ANOTHER player after a msall amount of time here... 5 year fecking plan my ar$e.

am i the only one getting bored with what Rafas continuing to do to our club? Am i the only one who thinks hes buying badly and selling way too quickly.. beacause of his bad buys and lack of help?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Latest from the echo.

Alonso is looking to hold sit-down talks with Benitez to find out if he is still wanted by the club after Liverpool came close to agreeing a fee to sell the 26-year-old to Juventus last month.

That deal is now off but Alonso, who is keen to remain at Anfield, wants to know if Benitez is still willing to sell him.

But the midfielder will have to wait for an opportunity to meet with Benitez as the Reds boss was today away from Melwood on personal business.

Reports coming out of Spain suggesting Alvaro Arbeloa is looking to leave Liverpool are news to the club, who have not had any indication from either the player or his agent that he wants to move.

Hope it's a load of sh!t meself , i think he's a crackin little player for us . Plays along the back four with varying degrees of comfort and is a very good option at right or left back . Prefer him to finnan or degen at rb any how.

Yeah but if you had to sell of either Arbeloa or Alonso who would you choose Igor? I would prefer to sell Arbeloa, even though I appreciate we have much better cover in midfield than RB.

Alonso for all his perceived problems (and my moaning ) is a top class player, Arbeloa is a good player who's value is enhanced because he is also versatile, but he will never be a top class player and I think we could replace him reasonably easily.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm

s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Latest from the echo.

Yeah but if you had to sell of either Arbeloa or Alonso who would you choose Igor? I would prefer to sell Arbeloa, even though I appreciate we have much better cover in midfield than RB.

Alonso for all his perceived problems (and my moaning ) is a top class player, Arbeloa is a good player who's value is enhanced because he is also versatile, but he will never be a top class player and I think we could replace him reasonably easily.

Agreed saint.

Daws  it's hardly rafa,s fault if arbeloa hasn't settled and wants to go home. Bit harsh on him i think there mate.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:47 pm

If true, then it would be a loss IMO..... he's a sound defender and provides much needed cover in defense. I actually had him pencilled in as the 1st choice right back instead of Degen. We should make a fair amount for him but disagree that quality right backs are a dime-a-dozen. The really good ones cost an arm and a leg..... we can't afford to sacrifice ONE appendage, let alone two..... we're skint apparently....

If he wants to leave though, not much that Rafa can do about it TBH. No point in keeping an unhappy player.
ConnO'var

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:47 pm

st seems to often players are leaving due to being dealt with badly, letting contracts go, or just not wanting anymore. how many times can rafa be faultfree?
(im in happy mood today)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill