Liverpool scouts on tour - In spain

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 pm

My uncle has a load of friends in Tarragona. I just spoke to him on the phone and we got onto the subject of football and he told me a very interesting story. Apparently, some of his friends who own a bar had some guys in who worked for the Spanish sporting press and they've been tailing Liverpool scouts who, according to them, are on a marathon tour of Spain. Seville, Zaragoza, Bilbao, Barcelona, Madrid, according to a casual acquaintence of a friend of a relative, have either been visited or a due a call. Maybe that money is there afterall.

I'm not one to believe in "bloke in the pub" stories and there are some problems with this account. For a start, I pressume that most Spanish footballers are on holiday now so scouting would be less of a possibility. But on the upside, scouts are often used to make first contact with clubs. So who knows? Just reporting what i heard. Plus, it's kind of fun to think about who they are looking at.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Yes I can confirm the bit I know. Liverpool staff are working constantly in Spain, here in the RS realms aswell, and are approaching teams like Antiguoko (youth team of Arteta and Alonso) to make agreements. As a result, some players like Kodro, a former Barcelona and RS player's son, and other have been on trial in Liverpool.

Exactly the guys, were a guy which his surname was Elias or Elia, and ... Parry. Do you know if Parry has a son and works for LFC?

The charge of Ellias was (I saw the card) "chief of recruitment" or something.

Liverpool are working hard around Spain, I can confirm that in my bit of Spanish land.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:19 am

Hope we can tie down some decent deal ..!!

Just heard silva had signed an extension deal for 2years at valencia..... :(  was expecting to see him here..!!
Elchris

Postby matrix » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:31 am

Elchris wrote:Hope we can tie down some decent deal ..!!

Just heard silva had signed an extension deal for 2years at valencia..... :(  was expecting to see him here..!!

good player mate...

but we never wanted silva really...

its mancini or malouda...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:36 pm

malouda all the way for me!
sworth26

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:47 pm

sworth26 wrote:malouda all the way for me!

Let's try and keep it relevant shall we?
???

Back to the subject, I'm hoping that this means some of those rumours are true. The Milititos would fall into those destinations, Eto'o (though that is seeming less and less likely) and some of the others.
And obviously, our men are always working hard to get the cool kids signed up and off to Melwood. And relations between clubs are crucial.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill