Torres to arrive for 15m - Reprts from spain!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Just heard Torres to arrive before the world cup for a fee of 15m. These are the reports circulating around Spain at the moment. Its all been kept hush hush, with a fee already being agreed between the two clubs. Watch this space.     :suspect:
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Wed May 31, 2006 6:04 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Just heard Torres to arrive before the world cup for a fee of 15m. These are the reports circulating around Spain at the moment. Its all been kept hush hush, with a fee already being agreed between the two clubs. Watch this space.     :suspect:

Lol, another classic example of Welshy's inside sources working their magic.  :D
Gaunt

Postby mistyred » Wed May 31, 2006 6:12 pm

Sometimes it's like we have no hope people talk like we are TNS we must have some money FFS we are the mighty reds not the bargain basement :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed May 31, 2006 6:20 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Just heard Torres to arrive before the world cup for a fee of 15m. These are the reports circulating around Spain at the moment. Its all been kept hush hush, with a fee already being agreed between the two clubs. Watch this space.     :suspect:

Pull the other one. next you will be telling me Liverpool have offered a contract to johnny wilkes after his performance in the soccer aid match
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:Pull the other one. next you will be telling me Liverpool have offered a contract to johnny wilkes after his performance in the soccer aid match

Hey you'll see!! As for Wilkes now he would do a better job than the two legged whippet we have. Cisseshete the whippet...............

Hey you'll see!! As for the wilkes now thats not a bad shout he'd be better than the two left footed whippet we have.
"Ler cisseshete the whippet"

Watch this space!!!

Keep watching!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Wed May 31, 2006 7:22 pm

to quote drummer phil, Welsh wizards wonderful world of wan£!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby Sabre » Wed May 31, 2006 7:27 pm

These are the reports circulating around Spain at the moment

You know mates, he's right.

No, he isn't :D . Bóllocks.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 pm

Come on Sabre, aren't there stories doing the rounds over there on this transfer. I've been told this afternoon thats its a pretty done deal. Especially as Aguero has all but sealed his transfer there bar a medical with a fee being agreed for the same price.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 31, 2006 7:36 pm

Oh yes, it's true rumours like that are heard with zillion of names involved. Some of the very funny. Athletic Bilbao for instance plays with no foreigners in their team (tradition), and I've seen a couple of footy websites linking foreigners to that club, which means either they do not know the fact of how Bilbao works, that they handle names lightly, or both.

Plus, we don't want Torres. He'd be more expensive that Morientes, and the graph of dissapointment would be proportional to that money. Watch the world cup mate, and see how he fails chances once and again (he put on my nerves the other day against Russia again, failing chances, dribliing one player, two, then losing the ball, be touched and keep sitting on the ground moaning, that's Torres for you).
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed May 31, 2006 7:44 pm

Sabre wrote:Oh yes, it's true rumours like that are heard with zillion of names involved. Some of the very funny. Athletic Bilbao for instance plays with no foreigners in their team (tradition), and I've seen a couple of footy websites linking foreigners to that club, which means either they do not know the fact of how Bilbao works, that they handle names lightly, or both.

Plus, we don't want Torres. He'd be more expensive that Morientes, and the graph of dissapointment would be proportional to that money. Watch the world cup mate, and see how he fails chances once and again (he put on my nerves the other day against Russia again, failing chances, dribliing one player, two, then losing the ball, be touched and keep sitting on the ground moaning, that's Torres for you).

Your the man Sabre!!  He is not really what i want here thought the same thing. Missed out on this Augerro lad though could have been a snip at the price looks a star in the making. What do you think ? Also where are A madrid getting the money from for this player. Is there no chance now of this deal falling through. Especially having heard he wanted to play for us.....  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 31, 2006 7:53 pm

I haven't heard that to be honest. Although the question of how they will pay the money for Agüero is logical, and probably the reason why the people start to speculate.

But fact is that if they're gonna sell Torres, it will be a huge sum, as he's overrated, and there's a world cup to be played now. We really don't need him but not that we've been seriously linked to him, because when one of this big links occur, they appear in Marca and As, and even then, you have 75% of possibilities of being bóllocks. Nothing of Torres to Liverpool yet in those big papers so ...
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 31, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm

Sabre wrote:Nothing of Torres to Liverpool yet in those big papers so ...

Its more bollox from Wales :sleep
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 pm

Can't see Rafa sheling out £15m for Torres to be fair! We heard that Kuyt had all but signed last week (left dutch training camp etc) and we're still waiting for that to happen....... ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 31, 2006 10:37 pm

rofl @ this thread  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Yeah Metalhead.

But as the thread is opened I'll ask something. Why is Towers (that would be the english name  :laugh: ) so popular in the islands?

Perhaps Balagué spoke well of him or something?

With the Squad he has done nothing, and with Atletico Madrid, yes, it was shocking when he appeared in the Segunda division 2 years of Atletico and he had 17 years, but not that his progress in the last years have been great.

I can name dozens of players in Spain, and I guess that you could do the same in England, that had a big start, and then with 23 - 24 years, the progress is stopped, for instance:

Joseba Etxeberria: Socking with 17, went to the world cup, and now he's in his best age, he's out of the squad

Julen Guerrero: Similar case to the previous one

Dani: A striker that was very promising (played for Mallorca, then went to Barça with no luck, and then Zaragoza) and now he's lost in Greece.

Raul: Not that I don't rate the player, I like some aspects of his game, like the one that makes him being in the proper place nearly always, but not that his progress has been as expected, neither.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill