Dudek - Off to spain?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:12 pm

Ive just got back from madrid and heard a very interesting story while there. This is from someone who actually works there, anyway it seems that Diego Lopez madrids second keeper has signed for villareal and Dudek looks set to replace him.

Madrids football director Mijatovic has spoken to him and his agent and jerzy has said he would love to join them.From the info i got even terms have been agreed
Theres only one little stumbling block mijatovic is in a power struggle with another director Miguel Sanchez and if he loses will Sanchez still want him. So it is a possibility that Jerzy could be a madrid player soon.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Already posted this rumour where it belongs, in the rumour mill part.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Moved this one over.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Bit more on that story

Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has revealed that he has received a contract offer from Real Madrid.

The 34-year-old Poland international is out of contract at Anfield this summer and keen to find a new club after struggling to displace Pepe Reina in the Reds first team in the last two seasons.

Dudek wrote on his official website: "After today's press speculation, I must admit that I have received an offer from one of the greatest clubs in the world, if not the greatest one. ??? 

"I was able to keep it in the dark for a long time, because the first contact was established a dozen or so days ago.

"The offer is an honour for me. I am seriously considering it now. As for now, I can say that a few details have already been agreed upon."

Dudek has made 186 appearances for Liverpool since joining the club from Feyenoord almost six years ago.

However, he has made only seven Premiership starts for the Reds in the last two seasons
destro

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 pm

since i posted this rumour its been all over the papers other sites and even jerzey has came out and said it himself, must be some truth in it
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:08 am

Wouldn't surprise me. The keeper who arrives knows the goal has a  long term owner, so he must assume the back up role. In Madrid the sign a lot by "name" an if "Dudek" who still is remembered for stambul is out of contract, it wouldn't surprise me they'd sign him up. It's a name, no fee, so go on.

As for Dudek it would be nice for him to have a couple of years with a decent contract, and you could always tell your grandsons that you've played for Liverpool and Real Madrid, which is something that many would like to tell.

Dudek can't expect to have a match there, unless it's an early King's cup game.

Other news concerning Dudek suggested that he might be part of the Gonzalez deal and might end up in Betis. Their keeper, Doblas is younger and lacks a bit of experience, so if what Dudek wants is really to have a chance to play, he should go to Betis.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tyler » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 am

Dudek's time is up.I dunno why real madrid want to sign him.ofc he was a hero in istanbul.But when i see him i remember that shameful gaffe he made against the mancs.He was too inconsistent.I for one am glad he is leaving.
tyler

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:12 am

This thread has promoted from rumour to fact.

According to Marca the offer is real, Dudek has acknowledged it, and is seriously considering it.

Even Casillas has been asked by Dudek, and has said that "Dudek is a great keeper and we'll work together elbow by elbow".

Don't ask why he thinks he is a great keeper, probably it's just courtesy and praises to a guy that won't pose any real competition. It's good Dudek has offers, anyway.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Interesting rumour. I see Dudek's attraction at the offer but hasn't he said in the past that he'd love to stay here if could play first team football but as he can't he needs to move on and be playing regularly? Maybe he's given up his international aspirations for Poland and is happy to live the nice life in Madrid. The motivations can't be football based that's for sure as he won't be playing much (as Sabre said).

Nevermind, good luck to the lad wherever he goes. He will always be a legend in my eyes.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 pm

This info was told to me over a week ago while i was visiting madrid and only posted it when i got back looks like they were spot on though. I only hope the other info which i posted on hear a few weeks ago regarding tevez comes true as its from the same source
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill