Shoe some respect - Booing at the man u game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:10 am

You had to spoil it didn't you Forest Fan? 

Maybe your manager shouldn't have shouted his mouth off in the first place, so don't try and defend him now.  I don't go in for all this "Cloughie Was Great".  He was a tool.  Have you read his Four Four Two column?  The guy loved the sound of his own voice too much.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:45 pm

My two cents:

1. Cloughie was a great manager, no doubt about that.

2. As a person Cloughie was a w@nker, even former players who played under him and achieved major things at Forest admit it.

There was a big diference between Cloughie the man and Cloughie the manager.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:46 pm

No1forestfan wrote:Got to go some dirty scouser is nicking my wheel trims. I will throw 1p in the road that will distract him while i do a get away.

(clear example of ignorant ar.sehole)

nottingham is a sh*thole. a company that does stag and hen parties there has recentley decided to stop because of the violence. crawl back under your stone.

oh and learn to spell
112-1077774096

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:55 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:You had to spoil it didn't you Forest Fan? 

Maybe your manager shouldn't have shouted his mouth off in the first place, so don't try and defend him now.  I don't go in for all this "Cloughie Was Great".  He was a tool.  Have you read his Four Four Two column?  The guy loved the sound of his own voice too much.

Sorry Johnny,

I must disagree with you mate, sentiment overflowing me thinks

Any one who says Cloughie wasn't a great manager IMO does not appreciate what football is all about, to win League championships with what where small provincial clubs, Derby and Forest, back to back European Cups with players that were pretty ordinary? These were awesome achievements.

His scoring record as a player is equally as good, around 250 goals in 270 appearances?

Oh yeah.................Cloughie wasn't great, he was a tool, jeez, give me a break, credit where credits due please.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:03 pm

Have to agree maximus,Cloughie was a great manager..sadly he tainted his copy-book with his comments about Hillsborough.I decided then it was down to his poor mental health,due to alcohol, rather than his real thoughts on the matter.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:21 pm

He was a great manager and did have some great opinions about the game but his comments about ten years ago were insulting although in his last book he admitted to his drink problems etc and how they affected him.

Shanks and Paisley gave him huge respect which speaks volumes as well

I didnt agree with the booing but I lived in Liverpool in 94 when his remarks came out and there was a lot of ill feeling although never towards his son who was in the team at the time.

But like Shanks said when told about a low attendance in the semi final of an european cup at Forests ground "that town doesnt deserve football"
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:04 pm

Clough was a great manager,up there with Shankly and Paisley.But i really think it is a self defeating tactic to moan about LFC fans while exposing yourself as an obnoxious little tw.at.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:12 pm

Not only did Clough make comments about Hillsborough but he also gobbed off about Nigel not being played enough when he was at Anfield, he make too many comments which weren't needed. :(

I agree that he shouldn't be boo'd but he must have know that people wouldn't forgive him for what he said.
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:17 pm

You're all right about what I said, and right to disagree with me.  Cloughie did do great things.  I'm just biased towards Liverpool and don't really tolerate fans of other clubs coming on this forum.  It was the fan I was getting at - not really Cloughie. 

He was a tool though.  I meant that bit.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 pm

taff wrote:Dirty East Midland scab  :angry:

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:28 pm

[quote] Leonmc0708-Forest fan, you show some respect and dont come on this forum demanding we pay respects to one man, particularly when that man showed no respect whatsoever for 96 of our own who went to a game one Saturday afternoon and never came home.

My thoughts exactly

You know why your beloved ex manager was booed so why come here crying about it? The hurt that a supposed legend caused to so many people and especially grieving families will never be forgotten! Take your bow and arrow and f**k off back to the forest you toss pot!
Last edited by madred on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion