Respect - Who does everyone respect in the team?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:02 am

Well Parry has confirmed this morning that he wont stand in the way of Steven Gerrard leaving if he wants to go to Real, If Stevie goes there you have to respect him a little bit for 1. Giving us another season. And for 2. he will be going abroad and not to our premiership rivals.

I respect Fernando Morientes, to start with he took a big pay decrease  to join us, wanted first team football, loves Benitez likes Liverpool moved his family here to play for us, a big change and upheavel in his and his families life.
He will be a fantastic player and will become a kop hero you can just tell hes a pedigree in his own right.

Next Jamie Carragher dont you just love him, hes scouse through and through, idolises Liverpool never wants to leave he plays for the jersey and everything that is associated with Liverpool, he would never turn his back on us.
Hes had a great season so far and has become a brilliant player for us.

Next Milan Baros, if Houllier was still with us Milan wouldnt be, ok Houllier bought him but prefered the Heskey, Owen partnership upfront, ok Heskey was going to be sold that left us with Cisse and Owen but owen had other plans, and left.
What would have happened if Milan would have gone too?
He was brilliant in the euros and could have gone to a lot of big clubs and probably would have if Houllier was still at the club.
He was left on the bench numerous times was never number one striker at the club, look at him now, his workrate is emense hes come on leaps and bounds under Rafa, hope he stays with us for a long long time, cant say a 100% that he loves the club theres some players that you know that do, and some you cant put your finger on it.
Anyway great player and I have respect for him that he stuck by us.

John Arne Riise, we are finally seeing what we seen in the first season when he came to the club, great player ok has his off days but I still think hes one for the long term, gives 100% and loves Liverpool.

Didi Hamann well one of the most repected players at Liverpool great player, very calm on the pitch never looses his head, loves playing for us will sign a new deal in a few days, hes been a great buy and a great servant to us, one of my favourites but hardly gets the credit he deserves same as Carragher.

Now this is getting to long  :D  so Ill put these into the same category Hyypia, Finnan, both great players Finnan has become twice the player he was and we are finally seeing what we bought him for from Fulham probably one of the best left backs in the country.
Sammis been a rock in our defense since he came to us, him and Henchoz where brilliant we had the best defense in the prem at one time a few years ago :( .
Respect for both of these players.

I cant really speak on the new players as yet apart from mentioning Morientes as its to early, I know one things for sure about Xabi Alonso one of the best midfielders in europe he may become brilliant player, very cool calm and collected no fuss just gets on with the job, he does so well and god do we miss him :(  Respect will be given to him from everyone im sure.

Ive only spoke about a few players till now because this posts going to go on for ages, but if and when we lose Stevie will everyone still respect him? or respect the likes of Carra for loving Liverpool FC with all his heart, and Stevie just going for the money, he says its to win medals but deep down inside you know if you love something you never ever want to leave it or them.

Now who does everyone else respect and Why?
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:28 am

Carragher and Didi....

I dont know why but mainly because they dont get any credit I think.  Its in the nature of Australians to like the underdog or underrated
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby laza » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:39 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Carragher and Didi....

I dont know why but mainly because they dont get any credit I think.  Its in the nature of Australians to like the underdog or underrated

Couldnt agree more with the pick of those 2 though i probably add big Sami as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:44 am

Yeah thats true, dont get me wrong, Alonso, gerrard etc. are fantastic players but its the no-nonsense players who dont get the praise they deserve, the-guy-who-hands-the-spanner-to-the-guy-who-gets-a-medal-for-being-the-guy-with-the-spann
er-in-his-hand sort of player that i really love to support
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby maximus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:59 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Yeah thats true, dont get me wrong, Alonso, gerrard etc. are fantastic players but its the no-nonsense players who dont get the praise they deserve, the-guy-who-hands-the-spanner-to-the-guy-who-gets-a-medal-for-being-the-guy-with-the-spann

er-in-his-hand sort of player that i really love to support

What about the-guy-who-hands-the-spanner-to-the-guy-who-hands-the-spanner you spanner   ???  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:01 pm

carra and alonso
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:27 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Finnan has become twice the player he was and we are finally seeing what we bought him for from Fulham probably one of the best left backs in the country.

Finnan the finest left back in the country? Yeah...why not  :D

Now who does everyone else respect and Why?

Xabi Alonso...for his talent and how easily it takes him to adapt to Premiership...and the next person who will break Frank Lampard's leg for that freaking tackle and to put the arrogance out of Maurinho's face!
Last edited by Santa on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:28 pm

I repsect all those players who give there all when they put on the red shirt.. those who show the passion and those who quietly get on and play .. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:36 pm

i admire carra cos he just plays his best each game, 100% effort and he is never moaning about going to another club or whining about silverware cos he knows it will come eventually
109-1105722616

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:36 pm

Of everybody it's got be Carra because of his unfaltering conviction to the cause of LFC.

I don't think he's the most naturally talented defender I've ever seen but he more than makes up for that with sheer determination, drive and passion. He never questions the club, never thinks he's more important than the club and you can absolutely GUARANTEE he'll give 110% for the club every time he pulls the red shirt on.

Carra sets the best possible example to some of the younger lads coming through like Warnock, Whitbread etc and could also teach Steven Gerrard a thing or two about what it means to play for Liverpool
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:53 pm

Woollyback wrote:Of everybody it's got be Carra because of his unfaltering conviction to the cause of LFC.

I don't think he's the most naturally talented defender I've ever seen but he more than makes up for that with sheer determination, drive and passion. He never questions the club, never thinks he's more important than the club and you can absolutely GUARANTEE he'll give 110% for the club every time he pulls the red shirt on.

Carra sets the best possible example to some of the younger lads coming through like Warnock, Whitbread etc and could also teach Steven Gerrard a thing or two about what it means to play for Liverpool

agreed, think that carra is a role model to many youngsters, he is very loyal and if only all players were as patient
109-1105722616

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Of course by default I respected Carra greatly for his sheer commitment to this club and giving 100% for every game, and I will also like to add Baros into the list as his workrate is sheer top notch.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:38 pm

Respect List :D
1-Steven Gerrard
2-Jamie Carragher
3-Xabi Alonso
4-Sami Hyypia
5-Milan Baros
6-Fernando Morientes
82-1074641017

Postby gabbyh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Respect list..
Carra
Hyppia...especially for playing very hard after he had a sh*t season and lost the captaincy...no whinging there!
Riise, gives 100% and can be dangerous in attack, unfortunately Telegraph FF puts him as a defender so I had to sell him when Liverpool had a bad defensive spell.  :D
Hamann....loyal and good solid midfielder, allowed SG to flourish.
Baros..had his bad time with Houllier but didn't throw a tantrum and leave. He wants to play, and waited to see how he and Rafa got on. I am glad he has stayed.
Morientes....saw his two goals and all I could say was ...Bloody Hell!!
Alonso... classy
Garcia...for his blind faith in Rafa.

No real respect for Steven G, for a young lad on £50k a week he has a gob on him like he's been smacked in the face with a wet kipper. He's used to living in and around the Liverpool area, the Spanish lads are used to warmer weather and look far happier. Maybe they find it  easier speaking the English language  than Steve does.
To be fair, I'd much rather have him than the Toby Jug that is Wayne Rooney. I wish Little Britain could do a skit where it is a footballer obssessed with his friends granny. Ho Hum.
gabbyh

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:28 pm

Any player who goes out there in the red shirt and gives 100%  no matter how bad the situation is for the team or themselves gets my respect - and admiration.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion