Much respect for you lot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:39 pm

Ok Essiens tackle was dreadful and a red card but this sh!te about people being locked up for this is beyond a joke, saying "if he did it walking down the street hed be locked up" is b0llocks, you would be locked up but because it is a unprovoked attack, on a football pitch tensions are high and people throw in bad tackles, how many of you said Hamann should of been locked up last season after a tackle similar on Damien Francis.

It was a disgraceful challenge but it was done on a football pitch, its a physical game and you will get challenges over the top, this was one, and no matter how much of a cu*t he is, the thing which wound me up the most was the fact he wasnt rightly punished on the pitch, but dont say he should be locked up when you wouldnt say it if a Liverpool Player did it??

It was bad challenge, it loks like he will get a ban for it, so let it go now, fact is if the FA had the balls to act earlier in the season and banned him for a similar tackle then its unlikely he would have done that to Didi.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:48 pm

I recall Stevie Gerrard nearly breaking George Boateng's leg at Anfield when we played Aston Villa.  This was the very next game after England beat Germany 5 - 1 and the press had been wanking over him all week, next thing he was a panto villain. 

Shit like this happens in football, it will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.
jonnymac1979

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:50 pm

bavlondon wrote:Couldnt put it better myself. A cowards tackle. Well despite what anyone says Chelsea will never get the respect from any club in Europe as the great sides once did. It seems Chelsea tend to get desperate on the pitch at times when eveything is not rosey. But you wouldnt think youd have to resort to horrendous challanges and handballs ect....when your club has spent close to £280Million on players in the last 2 years. I suppose what that really shows is how lousy the team really is. Sorry Chelsea, welcome to the forum but i will eb sticking with my views and that is that:

Your club is monopolising the game at every oportunity yet acting with heroism and bravery as if you fough hard for your league title last year but in actual fact whilst it may be blind to you and the rest of your fellow fans it is strikingly clear to eveyone else in the game that you only got your title from Roman Abramoviches mafia money. I know its every fans dream to have unlimited transfer funds but i must ask you does this not make yoiur team seem fake or falsified at all?

Your fans are dispicable. Why Abramovich decided to take over a club more know for its notorious violent and racist fans than football history i will never know. Well i suppose he is Russian. imhave never met such cocky and arrogent fans in my life and this is why every team in Europe hates Chelsea beacsue they practice what every other team stands for and that is passion for football and integrity. Hell even the big fat cat board members dont want you on G-14. Hell did yoiu really think you would be allowed in that elite group based on reaching 2 semis and winning one title. Come of it mate who are you and your team fooling. I read sometimes in the papers about Terry and Lampard how they supposedly hype up their team with such "spirit" at half time and im thinkin. What kind of retard is running this circus show...you spent nearly enough money to feed Africa of course your gonna win things!!!!!!

As regards to you being on this forum, it doenst bother me in the slightest but why are you here? Should you not be on a Chelsea forum. If your nor the old user Chelsea Forever then i must asay that there are a few Chelsea in the closet Liverpool fans out there.

I still don't know how the ref and his assistants missed it. It occured reasonably close to the touch line near halway. So the assistant should have at least seen it. Even if the ref is on the take (which i strongly doubt), he would have given him a severe talking to at the very least.

This just doesn't make sense.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:50 pm

I dont think anything will happen but in football thing tend to even themselves out in one form or another. The perfect revenge will be to see Chelsea get knocked out now of Europe.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I recall Stevie Gerrard nearly breaking George Boateng's leg at Anfield when we played Aston Villa.

boateng deserved it though, surely you can see that  :D   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:55 pm

We got the draw, we won the group and Hamann isnt injured.

Leave Essien to UEFA, hopefully he will get the ban the tackle merits.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:13 pm

Garymac wrote:We got the draw, we won the group and Hamann isnt injured.

My proplem with that is UEFa have been pretty adamant not to decide whether Essien should get a yellow or red card but to review the ref's performance. I would think that both need to be done.

The FA has no problems giving retrospective cards (which I feel is a good thing), however I don't think UEFA are kee to do that.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:33 pm

According to the Liverpool Echo, it's still uncertain whether Hamann will play the next game or not for us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:43 pm

AussieKopite wrote:
Garymac wrote:We got the draw, we won the group and Hamann isnt injured.

My proplem with that is UEFa have been pretty adamant not to decide whether Essien should get a yellow or red card but to review the ref's performance. I would think that both need to be done.

The FA has no problems giving retrospective cards (which I feel is a good thing), however I don't think UEFA are kee to do that.

Good, UEFA have charged Essien. Good to see UEFA taking a stand for once.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:52 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I recall Stevie Gerrard nearly breaking George Boateng's leg at Anfield when we played Aston Villa.  This was the very next game after England beat Germany 5 - 1 and the press had been wanking over him all week, next thing he was a panto villain. 

Shit like this happens in football, it will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.

Johnny,

There was also the incident when gerrard went two footed into Naysmith.

and there was also all the usual media cra.p that surrounded that incident as well, until couple weeks passed and everyone forgot about it.

On a side issue, I have got the feeling that Essien actually 'went' for Gerrard, as he goes in for the kill, the leg seems to be directed at Gerrard, only to swing round and catch Hamman, only my opinion though
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 pm

Wrong topic.
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion