Much respect for you lot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:50 pm

But really.. did anyone ever think we where going to score against Chelsea.  Our defence is great but theirs is better.  Mainly because we where playing the clown Traore.  Risse spent the whole game covering his , when he should have been trying to get forward more

No, and I hope nobody would expect we'd take risks on the second half in order to get a goal when that result already gave us the first place.

Chelsea is a great team, but we did a superb game, and prove of that is that we got another clean sheet, this time in Stamford Bridge, and without Alonso.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:54 pm

im glad none of you have reacted badly to my being on here and i will keep posts to an absolute minimum so as not to get in the way.

just a point of interest....next season your first XI could look like this;

...............reina
finnan carragher milito warnock
simao gerrard alonso gonzalez
...............aimar
..............crouch

that team would be as good as anything and certainly the spine (barring crouch) is totally world class.

atm whats holding you back is a lack of brilliance in attack, barring stevie g, and a lack of cover at the back...when these are sorted i will fear your side more than any other.

on essien...whilst his tackle was atrocious and he has a tendency to fly in, they are purely stupid blind tackles not deliberate lunges....the guy is a devout christian that answers to his mum only (soft git) and i really dont think he has a bad bone in his body....unfortunately he doesnt have a brain either.
Chelsea

Postby Chelsea » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:55 pm

Sabre wrote:
But really.. did anyone ever think we where going to score against Chelsea.  Our defence is great but theirs is better.  Mainly because we where playing the clown Traore.  Risse spent the whole game covering his , when he should have been trying to get forward more

No, and I hope nobody would expect we'd take risks on the second half in order to get a goal when that result already gave us the first place.

Chelsea is a great team, but we did a superb game, and prove of that is that we got another clean sheet, this time in Stamford Bridge, and without Alonso.

did you guys not find it strange that we didn't take risks from the start?

i mean with only 3 attackers and an out of sorts gudjohnsen how on earth were we supposed to break you guys down???
Chelsea

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:02 pm

i mean with only 3 attackers and an out of sorts gudjohnsen how on earth were we supposed to break you guys down???

That in my country is called "fear to lose" , I don't know up there :). Well you didn't lose, target achieved :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:03 pm

its something i hate about jose...he is too cautious by half.
Chelsea

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Chelsea wrote:first of all i am a chelsea fan, but do not worry i am not here to spam or hate on your great club in any way.

i would hope some of you might even be able to see me as a useful source of external opinion....but most likely you will see me as a scummer :D

nevertheles i felt totally compelled to say a few things based on our new found rivalry and tonights game;

1. i apologise on behalf of chelsea fans for michael essien's tackle...it was disgraceful and i will be writing in to the club to show my distaste.

2. your manager has ours in his pocket, a source of continued frustration for me i must admit.

News from UEFA, they will be talking ot the observer and reviewing the referee's performance, particularly over Essiens tackle.

I will add that Sissoko's tackle on Gudjohnson - while not as bad - was a bit reckless as well.

I wonder if UEFA will look into it.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:44 pm

News from UEFA, they will be talking ot the observer and reviewing the referee's performance, particularly over Essiens tackle.

I will add that Sissoko's tackle on Gudjohnson - while not as bad - was a bit reckless as well.

I wonder if UEFA will look into it.

There is no way in hell that Sissoko's tackle was in anyway bad, he went for the ball his foot rolled off the top of the ball like a bounce and caught Gudjohnson in the foot, in my eyes total accident and nothing he coyuld do momentum played a part also he could have never pulled out. Did you hear the cmmentators complaing about Sissoko tackle? they compared it to Essiens challenge and said it was as bad as,

more and more i fell the media are against Liverpool,

Welcome to the forums chelsea.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Chelsea wrote:its something i hate about jose...he is too cautious by half.

It's not caution, he just hasn't got the nous to get his team playing any other way, look at his substitutions - Carlton Cole and last year he brought on Huth - He doesn't have any imagination.
AlanHansen

Postby dward » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm

sissoko's tackle was not intentional. If you look closely, you can see his foot get the ball and then it slides off onto gudjohnson's ankle.

nothing compared to essiens atrocity. :angry:

oh, and welcome to the forum Chelsea :) nice to see some other supporters with a good view of the game :)
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:01 pm

I actually missed the tackle.. any video of it around?
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:51 pm

All of Chelsea's posts have been fair minded and rational. He obviously knows his football, though I feel he is a little over critical of his own manager who is clearly out of the top-drawer.
Essiens tackle was x-rated and should have been a straight red for sure. Given he did a similar thing in a league game recently it is impossible to come to any other conclusion that he is at best reckless and at worst a thug. Given that he is a young player and a top one at that, the powers that be would do well to ban him for a period of quiet contemplation as to what he is actually trying to do on a football pitch. Last night was a disgrace.
Sissoko's tackle while not being quite as bad (and it's not saying much) was still an awful tackle if we are beinhg honest. I take on board various posters point about his foot slipping off the top of the ball but either his technique is poor or he was going in over the top of the ball as a self-preservationary measure. He again is a good young player who need to realise when and when not to put his foot in. Both incidents were ones the respective players would rather forget.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:52 pm

welcome chelsea- to the forum of the european champions.
-------------------------------------------------------

one thing, we all had more than enough analysis done for us about our team from a previous CFC 'visitor' recently. and for me your 'style' of posts are very similar... ???

however in saying that i personally didnt disrespect the majority of his utterances. just that it is one thing to populate the forums of a rival, welcome as ANY of them are...and share banter/ideas/discussions etc. but its quite another to expect everyone to fall at your feet and take notice of words spoken about a teams failings...again, this was something the other chelsea fan spoke of at length and expect anything other than raised eyebrows and a cold shoulder!

just a friendly note pal. no offence.

FWIW you do talk an awful lot of B.OLLOX!!!

:laugh:  only kiding chelsea  :D  :D
Last edited by red37 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:26 pm

Now you are here, and just because you've showed the proper respect, I'd like to ask what do you think of Del Horno. I'm not quite a fan of him, since he has passed from archenemy (Bilbao) to a disliked team (Chelsea :;): ), but I have a vague interest in Del Horno as he's the full back of the national squad, and I'd like to see the not biased view (press here always overrates spaniards) of his performance.

Thank you.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:45 pm

hey Chelsea.....your not my old foe chelsea forever by any chance........:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:47 pm

dward wrote:sissoko's tackle was not intentional. If you look closely, you can see his foot get the ball and then it slides off onto gudjohnson's ankle.

nothing compared to essiens atrocity. :angry:

oh, and welcome to the forum Chelsea :) nice to see some other supporters with a good view of the game :)

I know it wasn't intentional, it looked nasty though, not as bad as Essien. However, I've seen players who've made tackles not nearly as bad as Sissoko get booked.

Essien probably should have been given a red card for that, because he used his foot furtherest away from the ball.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion