Booing at the game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:52 pm

The 2008-2009 season was the last time I heard anything close to an atmosphere at Anfield. These players and managers go on about the electric atmosphere at anfield it is complete Bollox

Before any fan boos Liverpool how about they show some support first

To be fair we aren't helped by the Sh*t f*cking stewards at the club who must set their stopwatches and wait for 10 seconds after a goal before they tell everyone to sit down

So I do not agree with booing your football club

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:06 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm wrote:The 2008-2009 season was the last time I heard anything close to an atmosphere at Anfield. These players and managers go on about the electric atmosphere at anfield it is complete Bollox

Before any fan boos Liverpool how about they show some support first

To be fair we aren't helped by the Sh*t f*cking stewards at the club who must set their stopwatches and wait for 10 seconds after a goal before they tell everyone to sit down

So I do not agree with booing your football club

I actually cringe when I hear new signings going on about how they can't wait sample the Anfield atmosphere, you just know that they've been told to say all that rubbish by some PR man. I reckon our home support must be amongst the worst in the division.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:07 pm

The action of booing may well be directed at a particular person, but that cant be specified by either the person booing or the intended recipient.  It looks like what it is, a person bereft of intelligence and class standing with their mouth open and making a silly embarrassing noise to express their disappointment, anger, frustration etc.
it is cringy and shameful and anyone who does it should be told to shut the fu'ck up or be ejected for being a w@nker.
Anyone who does it lowers themselves and the club they profess to care about.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:42 pm

IMO Any person who chooses to purchase a match day ticket, he/she reserves the right to express themselves how they choose.
IF they choose to flash and expose themselves by running onto the pitch then they do so at their own peril.
The same goes foe booing. IF others are offended, so be it. It's up to the club and the law to deter distasteful acts of abuse.
There must always be the reserved right of the purchaser to act as they choose. That's the so call free world.

The away fans will sing "You're getting sacked in the morning." Even when they are losing - No-one calls for their head...
Football is a staged act of entertainment like the Gladiators once were.
Today's act of booing is no where compared to the act of throwing them to the lions.
LET'S PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF THE PURCHASER:
Who in this case may be a fan or not, but none the less has paid a high percentage of their income to watch the match.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Its traditional in England to boo the pantomime villain. I think people have a right to boo. Others have a right to dislike booing. I don't think it's a measure of support or intelligence though. In a crowd of 50,000 people everyone will be different. For what's it's worth, if a man such as Rodgers insists on patting himself on the back at every opportunity then he's kind of asking for it, in my opinion. He won't boo himself, so let others do it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 pm

RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:Its traditional in England to boo the pantomime villain. I think people have a right to boo. Others have a right to dislike booing. I don't think it's a measure of support or intelligence though. In a crowd of 50,000 people everyone will be different. For what's it's worth, if a man such as Rodgers insists on patting himself on the back at every opportunity then he's kind of asking for it, in my opinion. He won't boo himself, so let others do it.

Part of the Scouse identity though is that you stick together through thick and thin, it may well be an English tradition to boo but Scousers generally try to distance themselves from all that boo/who are ya/Ingerlund malarkey generally associated with southern clubs.
Stony silence is more than enough, yes Liverpool fans have the right to be unhappy but they should not be booing their own side inside Anfield, the place is practically a church.
We have been through a lot worse times than this like back in the 1950's but fans didn't resort to flying planes with banners and booing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:37 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:Its traditional in England to boo the pantomime villain. I think people have a right to boo. Others have a right to dislike booing. I don't think it's a measure of support or intelligence though. In a crowd of 50,000 people everyone will be different. For what's it's worth, if a man such as Rodgers insists on patting himself on the back at every opportunity then he's kind of asking for it, in my opinion. He won't boo himself, so let others do it.

Part of the Scouse identity though is that you stick together through thick and thin, it may well be an English tradition to boo but Scousers generally try to distance themselves from all that boo/who are ya/Ingerlund malarkey generally associated with southern clubs.
Stony silence is more than enough, yes Liverpool fans have the right to be unhappy but they should not be booing their own side inside Anfield, the place is practically a church.
We have been through a lot worse times than this like back in the 1950's but fans didn't resort to flying planes with banners and booing.

I agree to an extent but this situation is different. BR is full of himself. He thinks he's the bees knees. He claims that those inside Anfield are genuine supporters and that they have faith in him, whilst everyone else is involved in a conspiracy (including those who pay their money to watch the team at home and have just as much right to an opinion) against him. So like I said, perhaps it's the "inside" fans expressing that they don't actually have that much faith.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:07 pm

RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 pm wrote:

I agree to an extent but this situation is different. BR is full of himself. He thinks he's the bees knees. He claims that those inside Anfield are genuine supporters and that they have faith in him, whilst everyone else is involved in a conspiracy (including those who pay their money to watch the team at home and have just as much right to an opinion) against him. So like I said, perhaps it's the "inside" fans expressing that they don't actually have that much faith.

Nah sorry mate that doesn't wash with me, certain sections will always find an excuse for booing wether it be Rodgers perceived arrogance or Hodgson's comments or whatever but there are plenty of other ways especially these days with forums/social media etc that they can express their disproval.
As I said Anfield is practically a church and we don't need that type of unseemly shyte in there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:55 pm

You make no sense mate. You said that we don't boo and then said sections will always find an excuse. And let's face it, if the fans have been disgruntled recently then BR has chosen to largely ignore it, claiming they're still onside. This is a unique situation. How many negative records has he broken in his time with us? How much of our identity has faded? 6-1 against Stoke was a record wasn't it? And though I can't list them I remember several more records too. What I'm saying is that just because we've never booed before means nothing right now. After all, it's the first time we've been managed by Brendan Rodgers. It feels like all bets are off. The whole club has moved into unchartered (aka midtable) territory.
All Liverpool managers up until Rodgers and most players too (wasn't Diouf booed?) have conducted themselves well. They've shown honour and dignity and put the club first. Rodgers is different. He's a dick. I've never thought that way about a Liverpool manager before, and by the boos I'd guess I'm not alone.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:12 pm

RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:55 pm wrote:You make no sense mate. You said that we don't boo and then said sections will always find an excuse. And let's face it, if the fans have been disgruntled recently then BR has chosen to largely ignore it, claiming they're still onside. This is a unique situation. How many negative records has he broken in his time with us? How much of our identity has faded? 6-1 against Stoke was a record wasn't it? And though I can't list them I remember several more records too. What I'm saying is that just because we've never booed before means nothing right now. After all, it's the first time we've been managed by Brendan Rodgers. It feels like all bets are off. The whole club has moved into unchartered (aka midtable) territory.
All Liverpool managers up until Rodgers and most players too (wasn't Diouf booed?) have conducted themselves well. They've shown honour and dignity and put the club first. Rodgers is different. He's a dick. I've never thought that way about a Liverpool manager before, and by the boos I'd guess I'm not alone.

What I am saying is there is no justification for Liverpool fans to be booing the Liverpool team at Anfield, whoppers will always come up with some justification to do it but the danger is before you know it we'll be booing every manager and every generation of players.
One of the great things about this club was the bond between the supporters and the team, even other clubs recognised it, we were different, we are not anymore.
I'm not saying no one should be critical of Rodgers, I'm just saying people should show their displeasure in less symbolic way.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:12 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:55 pm wrote:You make no sense mate. You said that we don't boo and then said sections will always find an excuse. And let's face it, if the fans have been disgruntled recently then BR has chosen to largely ignore it, claiming they're still onside. This is a unique situation. How many negative records has he broken in his time with us? How much of our identity has faded? 6-1 against Stoke was a record wasn't it? And though I can't list them I remember several more records too. What I'm saying is that just because we've never booed before means nothing right now. After all, it's the first time we've been managed by Brendan Rodgers. It feels like all bets are off. The whole club has moved into unchartered (aka midtable) territory.

What I am saying is there is no justification for Liverpool fans to be booing the Liverpool team at Anfield, whoppers will always come up with some justification to do it but the danger is before you know it we'll be booing every manager and every generation of players.
One of the great things about this club was the bond between the supporters and the team, even other clubs recognised it, we were different, we are not anymore.
I'm not saying no one should be critical of Rodgers, I'm just saying people should show their displeasure in less symbolic way.

Well I agree with you there. I've never been to Anfield so I don't know if boo's would hit their mark or if the target is more generalised but I agree that the team shouldn't be booed, nor would I personally boo the manager. But if people start booing the booers then it's the same thing. I don't see the purpose of a thread made just to have a go at people that boo so it's fair there's a counter argument. I guess if people pay their money then they're entitled to have a go. The same guy who stands in the Kop and boo's might think that people who discuss it all on forums are idiots.
Another point is that as you say we've never booed our own (I don't know that but I'll take your word for it). And yet now we boo. So those that say BR is killing the clubs identity are in fact correct. There's never been a real reason to boo. But BR in three and a bit years achieved nothing other than a 2nd placed finish which due to the disasterous euro campaign proved only to embarrass us and "raise hopes". And yet he's still strutting around. He's lowered the atmosphere and expectancy of the club that's in tandem with his ability. That first season, with Suarez and Studge on fire, SG still around, Sterling a rising star, and BR a "bright young manager" no one knew what to do with us. Brendan's style (only style) clicked with several other factors and we had a league campaign which was frankly the equivalent of a lower division team having a good cup run. But then other teams figured it out.
Top managers might have relished this newcomer. They adapted, evolved, studied BRs tactics and made their moves, then sitting back like chess players, waiting and thinking. Only BR doesn't seem to have any more moves. He blames (and fires) everyone but himself (the Liverpool away?) because he's built a lot for himself on his false image and his ego doesn't want to face the step down. He's not a humble man. He's not loyal. He's not honest. He's an imposter. Some people might feel they're not booing one of their own.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:20 pm

There's a new generation of fans inside Anfield ,they don't sing ,they don't jump up from their seats to applaud a great move or touch of genius. I've been pointing out the decline in our support for years on these very boards .When we first went the game fella we had our dads to mimic how genuine supporters react ,I mean who are their role models in life ,their fucking dads are as despondent and as lifeless as them.

New generation fella ,and there's fuck all we can do about it !  Scouse identity or not we're in decline and the times when we were so ominously audible that we scared the life out of opposing teams have long gone!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Sorry but this is the biggest load of sh'ite I have seen for a while. I'm not interested in what the manager says any more, in fact I stopped watching his interviews or reading his comments about a month ago. I choose to do this because I am sick of him saying the same bullsh'it time after time. But to blame him and him alone for where we are is foolish and childish, as the owners, the board and the players have some responsibility for the situation we are in. Therefore if people are booing, are they just booing him, or him and Ayre, or him Ayre and Lovren, or any other combination for that matter? This is why booing is silly. It merely shows that someone is upset and frustrated with something and has chosen to make a loud knobhead noise to express their feelings. There is no justification for it whatsoever and all this "Ive paid for my ticket so I have a right to do what I want" doesnt wash either. Yacka hit the nail on the head when he said that we were supposed to be different. If we are the same as every other football fan, then lets do the same as them and sing songs about their players instead of ours. Lets be like evertonians and be obsessed with other clubs who are bigger and better. Lets come up with cringy, gobsh'ite phrases like "the peoples club" or "we go the game, thats what we do" In fact lets go the whole hog and say we're bitter and proud and we dont give a sh'it what people think of us, because that where we're headed with this booing lark.
I will say it again, if you choose to boo and make a cu'nt out of you, me and anyone involved in LFC, then you are a pure w@nker.
End of
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:47 pm

And yet Thommo your thinking is very modern, a world where we are encouraged to voice pleasure or approval but to keep quiet when feeling the opposite. Outside of football it's called political correctness. How exactly do you express your disapproval of who or whatever it is? Do you sit quiet? If the guy next to you boos do you tell him to shut it and sit quiet too? Because if you do then I bet some would call you a w*nker too. I mean these are your fellow supporters and by your own philosophy you maybe should treat them just as you treat the players and manager and anyone else involved with the club.
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:08 pm

RedAnt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 pm wrote:And yet Thommo your thinking is very modern, a world where we are encouraged to voice pleasure or approval but to keep quiet when feeling the opposite. Outside of football it's called political correctness. How exactly do you express your disapproval of who or whatever it is? Do you sit quiet? If the guy next to you boos do you tell him to shut it and sit quiet too? Because if you do then I bet some would call you a w*nker too. I mean these are your fellow supporters and by your own philosophy you maybe should treat them just as you treat the players and manager and anyone else involved with the club.

I have told, and will continue telling people to stop booing for the very reasons I have stated above. I have moaned through a game and been told in no uncertain terms to get behind the team, which I accepted and acknowledged. We get carried away at matches, especially if things arent going well. But there is NEVER any justification for booing. If people cant see that, then for me they dont understand what it is to be a Liverpudlian. I have been educated and tutored by people who followed LFC when they werent even in the first division. Yet they stayed loyal and were rewarded for their perseverance by Shanks coming along and changing the course of football history. How do you, or anyone think he would react if people booed at Anfield? By your logic, if people decided to bring dog sh'it in and throw it at the manager it would be acceptable?
The way to vent your anger is to stay silent, or leave. If you want to get a message across to the owners then these are more acceptable ways and far more dignified than booing.
:nod
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion