Respect for hammers - I have nothing but respect for them

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun May 14, 2006 3:25 pm

Show your respect for westham in here  :D
Alot of our fans did us proud..
And i am very happy with the hammer fans wishing us luck for next season and saying they would rather have us win the FA cup than Chelsea or Man utd..
I respect the Hammers  :D  x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 14, 2006 3:35 pm

My Dad used to work in West Ham and he used to take me down there some days. You won't find a nicer bunch of people in London and they take a lot of pride in their football (they hate Chelsea more than anyone) and their community. Proper working class gents down there and a great sense of pride.

West Ham did their fans proud yesterday and there's no shame what so ever in them losing out to us yesterday. They played from their hearts and it was one of the best finals ever because of both teams, their skill and their attitudes. The fans stayed on after the whistle and clapped and sang and applauded both teams. They are a young, improving side and will do well next season, no doubt. Well done West Ham, and though it's small consolation, you were beaten by the best.
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sun May 14, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun May 14, 2006 5:29 pm

They played brillianty yesterday and if it was againt anyone else they probably would have won.It was good to see the Liverpool fans aplauding them when they were getting thier medals,they deserved it.

Maybe Marlon Harewood for Anfield :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 14, 2006 5:39 pm

Their fans, players and manager are an object lesson in how to approach, play and accept the result of a game with the class we expect of our own.

If that was Chelsea we beat yesterday, everyone knows that arrogant tw@t of a manager of theirs would have whinged about "not getting beat".

I thought Pardew's interview after the game was superb.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun May 14, 2006 6:21 pm

well played to them, theyt gave us a stupendus game.

Shame it wasnt at wembeley, what a final to open a new eira with.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun May 14, 2006 6:34 pm

They played a good game and their playing philosophy of open and attacking impetous is admirable for a newly promoted club. What they have achieved with the core of mostly English players at a young age should be an example to other similar sized clubs. The players they have produced over the years (Joe Cole, Lampard, Rio Ferdinand etc.) is a testiment to them being dubbed "the Academy".

This has always been West Ham's footballing philosophy and I wish them well in the UEFA Cup next season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 14, 2006 6:52 pm

Respect to them even though they only have one song and which was what they were really singing for much of the game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun May 14, 2006 7:01 pm

BTW, I think Reo-Coker should be in the England squad in place of the utterly unadventurous and one-dimensional Hargreaves and Sven should make room for Ashton.

Pardew was pure class in his post-match comments.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun May 14, 2006 7:37 pm

I've nothing but respect for West Ham after yesterday, and there would have been no complaints from me if they had won. They battled hard and made it a truely exceptional final.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:38 pm

I'd like to add my respect for the hammers to this thread. Their philosophy of always going for it is to be admired - especially when 2-0 up against the reigning european champions in a major final. At the end of the game yesterday i felt sorry for them that they had to lose in such a way. Last year after the champs. league final the AC Milan team were the furthest thing from my mind but yesterday i really did take a moment to spare a thought for the west ham team and their fans after they gave so much in the final and came so close but then ended up with nothing to show for it.

Respect to the hammers  :bowdown  The premier league is a much better league with your guys in it.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:09 pm

azriahmad wrote:BTW, I think Reo-Coker should be in the England squad in place of the utterly unadventurous and one-dimensional Hargreaves and Sven should make room for Ashton.

Pardew was pure class in his post-match comments.

I think my grandmother could do a better job than Hargreaves and she's been dead for 3 years!
:D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon May 15, 2006 3:39 am

I've always had a soft spot for west ham. So it was wierd when the game ended. I was over the moon for the reds at the same time gutted for the hammers.

Still it was a great game, and all involved with whufc should be very proud. Good luck for next season and all the best in the UEFA cup.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 am

I have a lot of repect for the Hammers fans. Except for that f**king tw*t, who turned around and threw his pint at us when we equalised. (Pig 'n' Whistle - Eagle Street, Brisbane). He is so lucky we won, we were ready to have a chat with him outside.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon May 15, 2006 4:44 am

WHU played with heart, passion and fair play. They took the game to us and it was very nearly enough to get them the FA Cup. Luck aside they showed how far total commitment can get you.

Well done WHU. :)
Last edited by babu on Mon May 15, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon May 15, 2006 5:00 am

Full respect to West Ham who i always had soft spot for when they were in their great escapes from relegation under Harry Redknapp back in 90s. They have had a habit of producing young exciting talent which is a credit to them and their performance in the final was something they should be proud of.
Best of luck to them next year in the UEFA and the league save for two matches of course  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion