Booing at the game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 pm

I have noticed it more and more and wonder if its the crowd at cup matches more so than at league matches?
In any case, anyone who boos their own team is a pure w@nker.
End of
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Not only do we here booing (in league games as well) but the fans who aren't booing are dead quiet. There's no atmosphere at Anfield right now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 pm

I have, for many years, mocked at laughed at the gobsh'ites also known as evertonians, for their booing from the terraces. Unfortunately I have lost the high ground on this issue due to the pr'icks who continue to boo at Anfield.
They should be ashamed of themselves and fu'cked off as soon as they start.
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:46 pm

I'd never agree to booing individual players unless they'd crossed a unique line such as blatant bad sportsmanship that reflects badly on the club. But is booing the performance more acceptable? Is there a difference? How about booing the owners? I've never been there. Is it obvious who the boo's are aimed at?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:32 am

I was there earlier and to be perfectly honest the boos seemed to be like an involuntary spasm born of the frustration welling up over the course of yet another torturous 90 mins .I've personally never in 30 years plus jeered any manager or player ,but can we really hand on heart blame them for what sounded like a brief cry of anguish and pent up pain.

I myself used to criticise and to some extent 'crucify' such fans who would deem such a sound as desperate as booing belongs at this ground ,but after tonight's display of complete ineptitude against a team that cant even surface in a third rate Swiss League ,who are we to deny them their retort 'in kind' to the hapless one.  :glare:

To be perfectly honest I've decided that this will be the last European game with which I part with my hard earned wedge until we're under new management .I simply cant endure the feeling of being fleeced whilst we play such turgid soulless football under a man that treats European competitions with complete and utter contempt ,and proffers not a shaft of light let alone a crumb of comfort.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:11 am

Silence is just as ear deafening as booing and more effective.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:26 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I was there earlier and to be perfectly honest the boos seemed to be like an involuntary spasm born of the frustration welling up over the course of yet another torturous 90 mins .I've personally never in 30 years plus jeered any manager or player ,but can we really hand on heart blame them for what sounded like a brief cry of anguish and pent up pain.

I myself used to criticise and to some extent 'crucify' such fans who would deem such a sound as desperate as booing belongs at this ground ,but after tonight's display of complete ineptitude against a team that cant even surface in a third rate Swiss League ,who are we to deny them their retort 'in kind' to the hapless one.  :glare:

To be perfectly honest I've decided that this will be the last European game with which I part with my hard earned wedge until we're under new management .I simply cant endure the feeling of being fleeced whilst we play such turgid soulless football under a man that treats European competitions with complete and utter contempt ,and proffers not a shaft of light let alone a crumb of comfort.

I too, on occasion vented my spleen and cursed certain players over the years. Gary Ablett was one of the most frustrating players I have watched, and the "one minute left" gestures from the players during the game against arsenal when they eventually snatched the league from us in 89 caused me to let rip with a string of expletives. But I have never, and will never boo the team. It is a pathetic, embarrassing and disloyal action and brings anyone who is doing it down to the level of, and I hate to use the word, a "retarded" person (i,e and evertonian). There is no excuse for it and people should stop immediately. If youre not happy with whats happening then leave the ground, or, if you feel that strongly, dont go the match. The owners will soon get the message and the manager will be sacked, simples.
Booing is not big and its not clever and as Ive said, anyone who does it is a w@nker. End of
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:42 am

I'd like to think I wouldn't boo but I understand it.

I'd love to have a season ticket behind the dug out though so I could tell BR first hand what I thought.

No wonder the lad's always on his feet out by the sideline... he probably can't stand the abuse when he's sat down.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 am

I will admit I did boo at a game, we had just got knocked out of the cup by palace. 2003 gerard houllier kept his job for another year
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am

Those fans that paid to watch that shyte last night have every right to express their disgust. It wasn't like it was constant either and only happened when the final whistle went and its more likely the boo's were aimed at rodgers more so than the players.
Anfield on a european night is amazing and we are envied by many managers and renowned the world over for it but the last couple of years under rodgers has destroyed all of this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:39 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:26 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I was there earlier and to be perfectly honest the boos seemed to be like an involuntary spasm born of the frustration welling up over the course of yet another torturous 90 mins .I've personally never in 30 years plus jeered any manager or player ,but can we really hand on heart blame them for what sounded like a brief cry of anguish and pent up pain.

I too, on occasion vented my spleen and cursed certain players over the years. Gary Ablett was one of the most frustrating players I have watched, and the "one minute left" gestures from the players during the game against arsenal when they eventually snatched the league from us in 89 caused me to let rip with a string of expletives. But I have never, and will never boo the team. It is a pathetic, embarrassing and disloyal action and brings anyone who is doing it down to the level of, and I hate to use the word, a "retarded" person (i,e and evertonian). There is no excuse for it and people should stop immediately. If youre not happy with whats happening then leave the ground, or, if you feel that strongly, dont go the match. The owners will soon get the message and the manager will be sacked, simples.
Booing is not big and its not clever and as Ive said, anyone who does it is a w@nker. End of

I understand your frustration ,but the Sion game was not the first time this season I've heard them ,in point of fact a section of the away supporters have voiced their respective displeasure by the emanation of said sounds. I mean are we really going to frown on supporter's who spend an absolute fortune to turn up at all the shit tips across England and are without question our last bastion of hope ? I know I cant ,because I don't go to enough away games to qualify for an opinion.

As for the description you used , I don't believe the situation should arise where it could be used in any context ,even to describe Bitterz fans !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:23 pm

I read a piece earlier that suggested the boos were a message to Rodgers that the "conspiracy" isn't just on the outside and that the Kop isn't as with him as he claims.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm not a fan of it myself, imo it doesn't really sit right with the whole YNWA type ethos of the club. Greeting the final whistle with silence is enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:32 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am wrote:Those fans that paid to watch that shyte last night have every right to express their disgust. It wasn't like it was constant either and only happened when the final whistle went and its more likely the boo's were aimed at rodgers more so than the players.
Anfield on a european night is amazing and we are envied by many managers and renowned the world over for it but the last couple of years under rodgers has destroyed all of this.

^^^
Last edited by johnbarnes on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 pm wrote:I'm not a fan of it myself, imo it doesn't really sit right with the whole YNWA type ethos of the club. Greeting the final whistle with silence is enough.

On the other side of the coin though Rodgers doesn't sit right with it either. He seems to be taking shots at everyone at the moment. The board, indirectly with the "tools" comment. I'm not sure how that will sit with them. He's had a go at the fans, adding as an afterthought that it was "outsiders" so as not to annoy the supporters further. Had a pop at ex-players. Chucked his staff under the bus. The list goes on. The Kop might never have booed before but then a lot of things never happened before until BR arrived.
RedAnt

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion