Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hirdy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:48 am

did any of u pool fans hear any rumour that robbie is a possible target for u in Jan. Heard it from one or two spurs fans and it seemed genuine? ???
Hirdy

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:49 am

yes he possibly is but he should have came to us maybe 2 years back with Duff.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hirdy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:51 am

he would be a great player to get but i cant understand why spurs would let him go even if he and defoe are clicking as a pair just yet. i would rate him above defoe cause what the ****** has defoe done yet?
Hirdy

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:58 am

yer a few months ago I thought defoe was going to be another owen but he hasnt done anything for you lot yet has he? ???
Not saying that he doesnt have the potential to become a great striker, I think Jacques Santini is to much of a defensive manager thats all well and good if your strikers and midfielders are banging goals in, but not just playing defensively and I would love ledley king to come to us is he for sale :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:28 am

Imo, Robbie Keane isn`t the player that we need at the moment. I`m still convinced, even after Cissè`s long time injury, that we would be better off chasing a, to nick an expression from someone else at this forum, "fox in the box". Keane seems to me like another striker who fancy possessing the ball a lot. Imo, we`ve got plenty of those players; Baros, Garcia, Kewell, Pongolle. The only one with his mainforce in the box seems, imo, to be Mellor, but he will never be good enough to to be among the starting XI ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:01 am

Robbie Keane is one of the most frustrating players around.

He has loads of ability but often spoils it all with his showboating and penchant for the impossible.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby E7. » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:59 am

Hirdy wrote:did any of u pool fans hear any rumour that robbie is a possible target for u in Jan. Heard it from one or two spurs fans and it seemed genuine? ???

Keane is a knacker...... end of!!!
E7.

Postby L-type » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:58 am

I think he is a good player, he's just come back from an injury about a month ago.  I say we make a move before Tottenham realize what they have
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:09 am

E7. wrote:
Hirdy wrote:did any of u pool fans hear any rumour that robbie is a possible target for u in Jan. Heard it from one or two spurs fans and it seemed genuine? ???

What does that mean?You know nothing my friend.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:15 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Robbie Keane is one of the most frustrating players around.

He has loads of ability but often spoils it all with his showboating and penchant for the impossible.

Record goalscorer for Ireland at twenty four jbg.You know that.The guy has made some serious career mistakes but a proper manager could make him world class.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:04 am

I admit Keane is a good player but the frustrating thing with Robbie is that he could be so much better.

He can do great things, such as his goal for Spurs lately (the dummy and run off the ball at the edge of the box) but he drives me mad at times with his over elaboration. If Robbie cut out some of the fancy stuff and added some discipline to his game he'd be good enough for a bigger club than Spurs.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:06 am

E7. wrote:

Cardiff 4 - 1 West Ham anyone?
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Hirdy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:56 pm

E7. wrote:

maybe ur the knacker? anyway keane is a class act and prob does over do things a little at times but we forgive him for that due to all his great goals and celebrations!
Hirdy

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:58 pm

Keane is a good player but as jbg said he over-elaborates and loses some of his game cos of it.

and his celebration p*sses me off!!!   its so sh*t!!

if yer gonna do that type of thing then do four back flips and do it properly, a sh*tty little cartwheel and forward roll is like when you were in gym in junior school. he's been sat there for hours trying to think of something that looks cool and its so tacky.    wrecks my head when he does that!!!!!
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:07 pm

Didn't Robbie go to Inter from Coventry? How did he do there? Or did he just not get the chance, anyone remember?
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion