Liverpool game allegedly investigated

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm wrote:
alwayslfc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 am wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1326556/investigation-unveils-scale-of-match-fixing?cc=4716

The above article has revealed that many matches throughout the world including CL, PL are rigged by bookies by bribing the officials and players esp. goalkeepers. Bruce Grobelaar came under investigation for match fixing during the 90s and I think he was found guilty though he categorically denied the charges. Where I live in Asia, many football fans are convinced many of these PL games are rigged. However, I choose not to believe it but when match fixing investigations like this one that involves one of our CL games in 2009, it raises suspicions that it is not far fetched that these matches could be fixed.

So fans outside Asia, what is the general opinion over there on this that these games are rigged? IMO, I find it hard to believe, for example, why would Kenny throw away most of the matches in the 2nd half of last season through bribery and lose his job and reputation tarnished at the end of the day?

no way is british/irish football rigged, it`s just not in the culture here.
growing up in the streets and parks of britain the game is not about technical ability or game intelligence it`s about not sh1tting out of tackles and not giving up.
after growing up in that culture it would be almost impossible for a brit to throw a tackle never mind a game.

:laugh: yeah they won't fix games because it's "tradition". With all those money in football these days, nobody gives a damn about tradition man. Fixing games is a lot bigger than you guys think. It's not just bribing the ref or the manager or a single player. Sometimes, it's an entire scenario. The owners know it, the players know it, the manager knows it and the refs know it.

However, like alwayslfc, I refuse to believe that this happens in the Premier League or in the Champions League. But I am certain that it happens on regular basis in the lower league. Maybe not that often in the Championship, but certainly in the League One or League two. Scottish and Irish league as well, even in the top division. Seria A is a good example for game fixing and corruption in a football top division.

As a matter of fact, even the La Liga or the Prem are not that innocent. We've seen that refs give an edge to teams like Barcelona and the scum (say what you will, but I can't be convinced that the mancs aren't given help by refs and the FA). This isn't actual game fixing but it's still a certain level of corruption.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 pm

couldnt for the life of me understand why anyone would even want to bet on an Irish league match :shifty
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm wrote:couldnt for the life of me understand why anyone would even want to bet on an Irish league match :shifty

i dont know why footy in ireland doesnt go down the same route as rugby, i think if the league`s in the north and the south merged then there would be a more competative competition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm wrote:couldnt for the life of me understand why anyone would even want to bet on an Irish league match :shifty

i dont know why footy in ireland doesnt go down the same route as rugby, i think if the league`s in the north and the south merged then there would be a more competative competition.

they should imo but i think an all Ireland football league is a long way away. it would mean both FA's would have to merge and thats not likely.
we do have the setanta cup though which pits teams from the north and south together. its kinda like a local cl league thing with only 6 teams from each league. the top 4 plus the 2 cup winners. crowd trouble is fairly common at these matches though and they aint the kind of games you'd want to bring your kid to :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion