Liverpool game allegedly investigated

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 am

Posted from soccernet's main page. 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1327163/liverpool-game-allegedly-under-match-fixing-investigation?cc=3436

Once again sensationalist headlines with no reports linking our actual club with any wrong doing  :no

Although I am praying this report uncovers the decade long corruption involving Manure. Not counting on it though  :D
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 am

I think its hilarious, the goalie was paid to let in 3 but our forwards were so sh!te we only scored 1 !!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 am

Reg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 pm wrote:I think its hilarious, the goalie was paid to let in 3 but our forwards were so sh!te we only scored 1 !!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

No see our entire team had accepted a bribe to not score any, and go for a 0-0 draw, but Kuyt didn't quite understand what was going on.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 am

Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 am wrote:I think its hilarious, the goalie was paid to let in 3 but our forwards were so sh!te we only scored 1 !!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I don't know whats worse, the match fixing or that after the goalkeeper was bribed to let 3 in we only scored 1. :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 am

Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 am wrote:I think its hilarious, the goalie was paid to let in 3 but our forwards were so sh!te we only scored 1 !!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 am

Shame they didnt trying put the fix on Oldham keeper for cup tie , could have done with all the help we needed in that one :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 am

You see in the photos the papers are carrying of the story Ngog played.... thats why we could'na score 3 !!  :laugh:  :laugh:

How the BH did he ever get to wear a red jersey... bet he's stackin' shelves in Tescos now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

Does anyone have a clip of the goal?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 am

Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 am wrote:I think its hilarious, the goalie was paid to let in 3 but our forwards were so sh!te we only scored 1 !!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I had a bet we would win 3-0 that night as well
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:52 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ng?cc=4716

The above article has revealed that many matches throughout the world including CL, PL are rigged by bookies by bribing the officials and players esp. goalkeepers. Bruce Grobelaar came under investigation for match fixing during the 90s and I think he was found guilty though he categorically denied the charges. Where I live in Asia, many football fans are convinced many of these PL games are rigged. However, I choose not to believe it but when match fixing investigations like this one that involves one of our CL games in 2009, it raises suspicions that it is not far fetched that these matches could be fixed.

So fans outside Asia, what is the general opinion over there on this that these games are rigged? IMO, I find it hard to believe, for example, why would Kenny throw away most of the matches in the 2nd half of last season through bribery and lose his job and reputation tarnished at the end of the day?
alwayslfc

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am

alwayslfc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 am wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1326556/investigation-unveils-scale-of-match-fixing?cc=4716

The above article has revealed that many matches throughout the world including CL, PL are rigged by bookies by bribing the officials and players esp. goalkeepers. Bruce Grobelaar came under investigation for match fixing during the 90s and I think he was found guilty though he categorically denied the charges. Where I live in Asia, many football fans are convinced many of these PL games are rigged. However, I choose not to believe it but when match fixing investigations like this one that involves one of our CL games in 2009, it raises suspicions that it is not far fetched that these matches could be fixed.

So fans outside Asia, what is the general opinion over there on this that these games are rigged? IMO, I find it hard to believe, for example, why would Kenny throw away most of the matches in the 2nd half of last season through bribery and lose his job and reputation tarnished at the end of the day?

It does not have to be as high as a manager, you just need one defender that makes a bad pass to the the other teams attacker or a goalkeeper that parrys a poor shot to an oncoming attacker. Refs have much more liklihood as they do not get paid that much and with a couple of poor decisions can alter a match completely (as anyone that watches Utd can confirm). It would be much easier to bribe one individual than a number.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Liverpool. Saving the soul of football through their own incompetence  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 pm

alwayslfc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 am wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1326556/investigation-unveils-scale-of-match-fixing?cc=4716

no way is british/irish football rigged, it`s just not in the culture here.
growing up in the streets and parks of britain the game is not about technical ability or game intelligence it`s about not sh1tting out of tackles and not giving up.
after growing up in that culture it would be almost impossible for a brit to throw a tackle never mind a game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 pm

heard on the radio last night that a sports reporter who lives in Hong Kong posted five goalkeeper names that are taking money right now to let goals in, 3 of the names are in in the prem.The sports reports account was was taken down within 5mins and no one has heard from the reporter.
The Radio station would not say the names of the players.

Today i have looked all over the net to see if anyone is talking about it but it seems if they do the posts is taken down very fast.

edit, just asked about this and found out the guy was a fake, he tried to trick the press.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion