Chris coleman to spain - I know fúck all about him

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:22 pm

I really hope he does well in Spain. An excellent young manager who never deseved to get the push at a panicking Fulham. No-nonsense manager who likes his teams to play their football on the deck. Fulham's home record these past few years has been up their in the top 8-9 teams in the league but they never quite sussed it out for the aways. Agree he has had to sell on his best players each season with Finnan, Saha, Malbranque and Boa Morte all moving to bigger clubs.

I heard his proposed number 2 for the Sociedad job speaks fairly fluent Spanish and Portugese. The language will be a difficult barrier to overcome but i really hope he is successful over there Sabre. For your's and his sake!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:42 pm

Must say this move really shocked me. Coleman did some good work with Fulham, but seems abit inexperienced for me. Hope it all works out well though Sabre.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm

Well it's official now.

John Aldridge praised him in the BEEB

BLoody hell, our shirt of the nineties was rubbish :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6255972.stm

A Writer that knows his football and is our local pundit about english matter, Phil Ball, has praised him aswell. He stressed the point S@int rised earlier in this thread as he insisted on he's a honest manager.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion