Spain - england - No friendly

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 am

Yossi Benayoun was on target for Israel on a night when a host of Liverpool stars were in international action across Europe.
The winger scored from close range as his country beat Hungary 1-0 in Tel Aviv.

Rookie striker David Ngog also got on the scoresheet with a neat volley as France U21s drew 1-1 with Tunisia.

Elsewhere, Xabi Alonso was the architect of David Villa's opener in Spain's 2-0 victory over England.

Fernando Torres came through 64 minutes, while Pepe Reina and Alvaro Arbeloa were introduced at half-time.

Javier Mascherano captained Argentina to a 2-0 win in France, while Daniel Agger was booked as he lasted 90 minutes in Denmark's 1-1 draw against Greece.

Ryan Babel came on for clubmate Dirk Kuyt at the interval of Holland's 1-1 draw with Tunisia.

Meanwhile, Sami Hyypia played 90 minutes as Finland lost 1-0 to Portugal thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

any known injuries?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 am

Well in ESPANIA :buttrock  they taught Ingurlund a lesson in football tonight, they where class ingulund are sh!te fact.

Who the feckinell are you chants ha ha
the Euro champions. You didnt even qualify!

VIVA ESPANIA fab :buttrockErrr
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:56 am

bavlondon wrote:Jeeez you lot chill out.

Dont worry all he will score a hatrick this weekend! :buttrock

???  Why who is he playing for at the weekend?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 am

And Ireland can feck off an all are you watching Liverpool  ???  are these the same people that are going to be at Anfield next week? No I didnt watch it actually cause I dont give a feck about Robbie Keane.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 am

Tonight definately showed England don't have the depth and have a woeful lack of options at keeper.

Gerrard, Rooney and Walcott are probably the three top English players at the moment and the most likely to score (all were missing). Without them they looked toothless.
DanAn

Postby Number 9 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am

DanAn wrote:Tonight definately showed England don't have the depth and have a woeful lack of options at keeper.

Gerrard, Rooney and Walcott are probably the three top English players at the moment and the most likely to score (all were missing). Without them they looked toothless.

It showed what everyone knew all along even though it was only a friendly!England think they are in the best in the world,they are far from it.
Im sick listening to pundits make excuses..Spain are in a different League altogether.

I dunno like..if not qualifying for the championships was'nt a reality check..what will be?

Chances of winning the world cup..pracitically zero for England!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 am

DanAn wrote:Tonight definately showed England don't have the depth and have a woeful lack of options at keeper.

walcott is the most overrated english player ever , sure he had a good game against Croatia but bar that he has been dire , Ashely young should be starting over him . England were not at full strength infact they were very poor and spain are in a different league , i think the result would have been different if gerrard , joe cole , rooney and rio had started . Jagielka is pants and moyes was claiming that he and lescott are worldclass , worldclass championship players maybe
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 am

I think overrated is a bit much mate. Not that im basing my whole conception of him on this 1 moment but he didnt look overated when he ran the length of the pitch through our defence to set up a goal last year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am

Was listening to merson after the match - my god that guy is fecking clueless -Praising Beckham saying he was a cut above everyone els eon the pitch , did he not see the way the spanish midfield had the english lumps chasing shadows all match . Xavi and co are ten time the footballer beckham is . he then went on about how unlucky england where and thought on the night England shaded it overall ?!?!? is he back on the booze again or something ??
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

-Praising Beckham saying he was a cut above everyone else on the pitch

:laugh:

Yes, the game changed upside down when he entered the game.

Better than Messi? Hmmm tough question

Barry better than Alonso? Hmmm I may consider that question, yes.

:laugh:
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Lost of 2nd strings.. Aston Villa players.. not good enough realli gonna win the WC with these ay ? Any how Spain won - so I'm happy with LFC players in there :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 pm

GYBS wrote:Was listening to merson after the match - my god that guy is fecking clueless -Praising Beckham saying he was a cut above everyone els eon the pitch , did he not see the way the spanish midfield had the english lumps chasing shadows all match . Xavi and co are ten time the footballer beckham is . he then went on about how unlucky england where and thought on the night England shaded it overall ?!?!? is he back on the booze again or something ??

Merson always talks absolute rubbish. England were completly outclassed by an excellent spanish side, who play like a well drilled club side, the way players pass and move it seems like they play together every week. As for England, pah, so many average players on show and the lack of depth in the squad is alarming. How the hell did Ashley young not get a game over overated trash like Wright Phillips and Downing? and Carlton Cole in an England shirt is an embarasment, shocking lack of quality English front players at the moment.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think overrated is a bit much mate. Not that im basing my whole conception of him on this 1 moment but he didnt look overated when he ran the length of the pitch through our defence to set up a goal last year.

Walcott is a completly average pace merchant with the personality of a gold fish.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm

CAptain Mash - Argentina won - Yeh Diego !!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion